? For our in house stock brokers ?

So admittedly I know jack about stocks and cashing them in.

In august 2009 I received a "certificate" for 10k shares in pink sheets "hdup"

I asked how it all works and was told it was restricted for one year. I never stopped business for over a year after.

It has a serial number and is signed out of the us where it is registered. It also says something about being .001 on the books of the company.

In real life, now that this has risen to near 7 cents, though it was trading at 15 when I got it, is there any chance this has any cash value and where and how does one dump this. If there is a chance I can sell it for even $500, be worth looking into

Or should I frame it as lesson learned hard way?

Jon

Comments

• If the certificate itself says "restricted" on it you will need to get it exchanged for an unrestricted copy of the cert. This will require sending it to the transfer agent which should be listed on the certificate. Call/email them and ask their procedure for submission. hopefully it is a well known transfer agent like Computershare.

So when you submit you can either get a certificate in return that you can deposit with a broker to sell (Dundee Securities, TD Waterhouse, RBC Dominion are just a few examples) and it will be deposited to your account after you sign a few documents to transfer it into their name. Or if the transfer agent provides that service they can sell it for you.

Or. if you have a trading account with a firm you can deposit the restricted (or unrestricted) certificate to your account and have your broker go through all the crap above. Just watch out for fees before you start......they could eat the entire value of the cert.

hope this helps, PM me if you need any clarification. I used to do the above crap when I was working my way through school.

cheers,
  • That is a HUGE help!!! Very much appreciate the reply.

Thank you, it's a place to start and a few others have them.
  • I think there are a few online brokers that charge 9.99 a trade. So you could likely make 690 if it is trading at 0.07. Probably have to pay a transfer fee as well. Definitely not worth framing.

Big volumes today with the announcement. Traded as high as 11 cents.

HDUP.PK: Summary for HEADSUP ENTERTAINMEN- Yahoo! Canada Finance
  • Think I found transfer agent and sent email, but it looks like their policy andforms only allow for restricted legend to be removed after 2 years of not being "affiliated" as per law so I might have to hang on till august of 2012

I don't think my prior title would qualify me as a "director", but "affiliated" would be hard to deny. We will see what reply is.

The "announcement" looks pretty, dressed up nice, but pretty sure tropicana would give anyone with a DB an affiliate deal. I'll tell you right now that 90,000 annually players at CPT events sounds good, but how many unique and target audience?

The top 1000 Canadian Money finishers on HMob starts at under 5k cashes and is roughly consistent with the number of players that travel to play in Canada and 1k up buyins at WSOP, I would say >1000 Canadians play. How many will stay at tropicana?

Scan the last few months of Prs then scan 2 years ago. All that's changed is there is a better network pushing it. Can't wait to dump. Is ha Bullish or Bearish btw????
  • if you know someone locally that has a trading account, get them to see what the transfer agent will charge to transfer the cert into someone else's name, get it transferred to your friend's name and they can easily sell the shares. Best to contact Head's Up directly and ask them what the restrictions are on selling the shares. They should be able to help you.