Pokerforum Survivor Interest Thread

So degenerates, I just had a great idea.

Here is how it will work. Entry cost is $25. I will escrow, as I will not be participating, but be hosting!

- Beginning on a date to be determined, we will start the survivor contest.

- Every day, somebody will be voted out.

- Every day, you must PM me the CPF member that you are voting out.

- We play until 1 person is left, and he/she wins all the gold.

- You may use any dirty trick in the book, PM to gang up on people, sell your soul.

Signup Now!

IN:
Yoda

Comments

• Could I enter and use my mod powers? lol, maybe that wouldn't be kosher though would it?

Seriously though, how does this work? Say you get 10 entrants.. Every day each entrant votes to remove one person. Most votes is gone? Once you are gone you still vote? Wouldn't this be just a popularity contest? I have no chance...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Could I enter and use my mod powers? lol, maybe that wouldn't be kosher though would it?

Seriously though, how does this work? Say you get 10 entrants.. Every day each entrant votes to remove one person. Most votes is gone? Once you are gone you still vote? Wouldn't this be just a popularity contest? I have no chance...

Yea thats about it. Most votes is out, once you are busted, you dont vote.

Could it be a popularity contest, i dont know. Is regular survivor a similar contest?

If youre not so popular why not just PM a couple other peeps and have them vote the cool kids out?
  • At smaller stakes and more entrants I think it's a great idea.

As proposed I'd be afraid to go up against Brent since he has a degree(s) in Theology and God eats that shit up. That and me being a contrarian really give me no chance.
  • Why not add some poker immunity challenges to and lengthen it to weekly vote outs instead of daily ?

That way players have time to make posts in the forum, make deals, and do a challenge as well.
  • what happens when 2 left, people voted out, vote for a winner?
  • what happens when 2 left, people voted out, vote for a winner?

idk. I guess everyone who was in the contest votes for a winner?
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Why not add some poker immunity challenges to and lengthen it to weekly vote outs instead of daily ?

That way players have time to make posts in the forum, make deals, and do a challenge as well.

Whatever works, weekly is good too.
    Why not add some poker immunity challenges to and lengthen it to weekly vote outs instead of daily ?

This would be a good idea!
  • darbday wrote: »
    in!

There we go.

Seriously, we'll figure the details out before we start but this has to be one of the more fun things thats happened around here for a while.
  • Def need to add poker tourneys and the weekly winner has immunity.
  • Weekly votes (say, Monday nights) Winners of the Sunday and Thursday CPF tournies to get immunity for the vote on the following Monday. Also, if the buy-in stays where it is, Moderator of game could have a reward challenge (ie how many angels can fornicate on the head of a pin? winner gets $5.00)
  • I'd be in for this, and I'll toss out an idea...

Depending on the number of entrants, we divide up into two or three teams. If a member of your team wins the immunity tourney, your team is safe and a person from the other team(s) is voted out. Merge once we're down to a final table.

The final two play a heads up tourney for first. Therefore, when you vote people out, you have to think about who you have a better chance to beat headsup. I think that's better than having people voting for a winner, since all you guys know each other and probably wouldn't vote for a stranger to get the money.
  • I'm in. But I can only play on Full Tilt.
  • Interested
  • oooooooo. Full Tilt team vs PokerStars Team
    I'm in. But I can only play on Full Tilt.
    so youre saying, if we started this game, and somehow you weren't in it....then we would only have to play on stars? ???
  • darbday wrote: »
    so youre saying, if we started this game, and somehow you weren't in it....then we would only have to play on stars? ???

Just that I would not be able to play any games on PokerStars.
  • :p
    djgolfcan wrote: »
    Just that I would not be able to play any games on PokerStars.