Slo-Pitch tournament in Kitchener June 11-12.

Seeing if there is any interest in getting 12 guys to play a tournament
in Kitchener on June 11, 12th. This is Buzzzards HPT tourney day and I thought it would be cool to play in 2 tourneys. There will be 3 games on Saturday and play till you lose Sunday so at least 4 games. Games on Saturday will be over by 3 and the diamonds are close to Buzzards. Depending on the caliber of players it will be a REC team.
If this isn't a guys weekend out I dont know what is! lol So lets sign up and get this going..

ALL POSITIONS ARE PENDING WHATS GOOD FOR THE TEAM!!
WE NEED OUTFIELDERS>>>>>

1. Rodney (any where)
3. The Prophet22 (pitch)
4. Compuease (2nd)
5. djgolfcan (1st)
6. The Moose (3rd/short)

Comments

• Definitely interested... May just come out of retirement (temporarily) for this.
  • pitcher and in can get a couple if need it
  • This needs more love, if it happens, I'm in... 2nd base, stamp it!

and Rodney, do you know what tournament this is? Is there a website?
  • Thought this was a dead topic!! Ball/Poker in one day....I play any where.

3 and counting.
  • I'm in. First base, please.
  • Omg this would be awesome to attend, unfortunatly I have a family thing I have to be at that weekend. DAMN IT
  • Strike me interested. Short or third.

Cost and prizes?
  • Well there is a few options, there is one by Moose's place.
    I believe head quarters will be at the Lanc (bar) or at the Rod & Gun and its SPN.
    The other is SPO and its in Cambridge, its better rated for REC teams.
    The cost will be around $30 bucks, its a new team so we have to register with what ever association we enter. The entry fee I believe is between $250-$300, insurance is mandatory and its about $60 and its good all year. I will e-mail Bob and see how much and where it is.

I say go in SPN its most likely at The Lanc and the diamonds are all close and they throw a good party there on the patio!!

We have half a team already! AWESOME..
  • Sorry I meant Buzzards place not Moose!!
  • Uh, uniforms?
  • LOL I woke up this morning thinking this same thing. I guess the team name will be Pokerforum.ca! I use to make t-shirts but sold everything last summer.

We dont need matching shirts but it would be nice.

rod
  • Is this tournament on the Slo-Pitch National website? Perhaps the one called Summer Slam, June 10-11. If so it has categories B-E and also co-ed. If we're going to do this even if we go into the lowest classification we're likely to get blown out. Typically poker players are not the most athletic people on the planet... :)
  • Yes that would be the one but its 11th 12th.
    Divisions are separated from A to E, E is REC
    E is bad ball but there are always sand baggers in all divisions.
    If you win REC you may get your money back max and a prize.
    That is to stop sand bagging.

Just think if you do get blown out the beer will be cold after the game! lol
  • This sucks!! The other half will be in florida this weekend so no poker in KW or slo-pitch.

I have to stay at home with my daughters.

Sorry guys.

Rod