Live - Las Vegas 2011

Just booked my flight to Vegas for July 6th, hopefully for the Main Event - if not I will still be there to play some tournaments/cash game. With that said, going to sell some tourney action for those interested.

Here is a link to OPR for my online stats - alot of these are from online turbo tourneys, so I feel like my game will adapt very well to play the live end game.

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/pokerstars/wesleyw/poker/results/4312C9725EAD4117BB63F53830A8CECC.html?t=2

This is going to be a different kind of package - I won't have a definitive set of tournaments I will play. I am just going to have a "tournament fund" pool where I will sell a % of that to play any tournaments of my choosing. With so many tournaments available, I will have the flexibility to pick and choose which ones I play, and sit out should I feel burn out/not playing my A game. (got this idea from Ontario__Tory from 2p2 - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/163/staking-selling-shares-online/ots-turbo-mtt-sng-package-part-iv-1018648/)

With that said, there are several "target tournaments" that I plan to play, which I will list below

I am budgeting $4000 for this trip - chances are it will be less as I plan to win/go deep in a tournament or two, so you will get some money back from unplayed funds and winnings. I am tentatively there from July 6th in the evening until July 11th. Only booked 1 way flight to Vegas planning on playing the ME, but should I not play the Main Event, I will finish up my trip with the $340 at Venetian on Sunday and fly out Monday evening.

I will be playing a couple of the mega-satellites at the Rio (regardless whether I have a seat yet or not) since the field is SO soft. I plan to also spend a significant amount of time inside the Rio satellite room grinding some of the single table tournaments which pays out lamers (and I have had no issue selling them for 100% of face value in the past). Here is a link to a document that outlines the payouts for the STT at the Rio last year. I will participate in last longest at the STT but they will come out of my personal funds and will remain separated from the BAP

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZhmWJY3rs91ZGZjMzduNmZfNzJjajI2cTdnNg&hl=en

I haven't heard/read that they will deviate too much from this, so I will assume this will be the structure until otherwise noted.

All satellite wins will be treated as cash - so for a mega-satellite win, it will be treated as a tourney cash of $10200 and paid out accordingly.

I will keep track of every tournament I play, and will tweet when I enter a tournament and when I win/bust-out (especially the STT since they happen so fast). I know from experience players there are very bad with ICM, or even negotiating a chop when it gets short, so I feel like I have an advantage in that aspect as well.

I will settle all money after I return from Vegas. The only tournament I see I may play that I will get hit with the 30% withholding fee is possibly the July 8 $550 Venetian Deep Stack, or the July 10 Venetian Deep Stack. Other than that the other tournament winnings will be tax free AFAIK. Should I win a tournament get hit with the withholding tax, I will pay out winnings minus tax, and any tax that I can claim back will be paid back when tax return is received in the future.

These are my tentative/almost-for-sure tournaments that I will play on the first couple of days I'm there.

July 7 - 1pm Rio $1060 Mega Satellite
July 8 - 12pm $550 Venetian Deepstack
July 9 - 10am Rio $550 Mega Satellite (will skip if I'm still alive at Deepstack)

Other than these ones, chances are I will play either Rio Daily Deepstack ($235 at 2pm, $185 at 6pm, $135 at 10pm), the Venetian nightly 7pm $120, or the Rio STT (any of the buy-in levels up to $325 - I will not play the $525 or the $1030)

Selling up to 40% of myself with no markup.
1% = $40 USD
5% = $200 USD
10% = $400 USD

Payment is preferred for Stars, but I will accept EMT as well. I'm going to use the current PokerStars exchange rate and lock that in for payouts. Right now the rate is $1 CAD = $1.025 USD, so $1 USD is worth $0.975 CAD. So if you prefer to EMT, here is the breakdown below
1% = $39 CAD
5% = $195 CAD
10% = $390 CAD

I WILL still play as normal should I not sell out. Should I win an online ME satellite between now and departure, I will definitely make an admendment to this BAP, and we can discuss either refund/transfer of % from this to ME if/when that happens.

Questions?

You can follow me on Twitter for updates, http://www.twitter.com/westside8poker

(shipped via Stars)SteveKerr - 2.5% Swap
(shipped via Stars)Moose - 2%
(riding-110.75)kwsteve - 5% Paid via EMT
(riding-44.30)STR82ACE - 2% Paid via Stars (GoingGrey)
(riding-110.75)blackmagicz - 5% (half swap)
(riding-44.30)ottawaplayer - 2% Paid via Stars (gamedemon)
(shipped via Stars)betrthanphil - 2.5% Paid via Stars (betrthanphil)
(riding-44.30)Wolffhound - 2% Paid via EMT
(riding-22.15)Hobbes - 1% Paid via EMT
(riding-110.75)Pinhead - 5% Take off tab
(riding-110.75)T8urmoney - 5% Paid via EMT
(riding-22.15)JohnnieH - 1%

6% remaining

Comments

• I will take 2.5%

That is $100.

we will call it even from my BAP
  • 2%

gl gl
  • 5% please

And I'll need your email for emt
  • 2% please. Will ship in the next day or two. Thanks Wes, and good luck
  • Ill take 5% so I will give you 100.00 and you are paid on my BAP.
  • I will take 2%. I can ship via Stars when I get home tonight.
  • 2.5% please and ty
    Sent!
  • 2% please and GL
  • 1% plz
  • 5% for me pls
  • 5% please
  • Thanks for the support so far guys - updated OP on my twitter handle. I don't need payment yet since it's 7 weeks away, but whenever you get a chance, Stars name is wesleyw, or EMT is westside8 [at] gmail [dot] com and please make the password "Vegas"
  • Just shipped $80 to you on Stars. Good luck in Vegas!
  • Probably add the Aria daily into the mix as possible tourneys - both that and the Venetian 7pm daily allows 1 re-entry
  • shipped via emt
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    shipped via emt

got it thanks
  • shipped via emt.
  • Shipped via P*
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    shipped via emt.
    STR82ACE wrote: »
    Shipped via P*

Got both thanks
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    5% please

Hey Wes, you taking FTP for this?

Otherwise I'll send EMT next couple of days (have to get money into a secondary bank, as my primary does not use EMT)
    Hey Wes, you taking FTP for this?

Otherwise I'll send EMT next couple of days (have to get money into a secondary bank, as my primary does not use EMT)

Prefer EMT/Stars just with the whole unknown situation on FTP atm.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Prefer EMT/Stars just with the whole unknown situation on FTP atm.

EMT sent
    EMT sent

Got it. Thanks - will have to update OP when I'm home with paid status
  • Flying out in 18 hours approx. Aiming to play either the $550 or the $1060 mega on Thursday morning.

Still got a few % left and will accept until I play my first event.

Follow both @weswong8 and @westside8poker for updates (not sure which I will use yet - depends which one I get working on wifi at the Rio and whether it's on my Blackberry on iPod)
  • Ok I'll take 1%.
  • Good luck to you.
  • Day 1 update - played the $1060 mega-satellite at 1pm, ended up not getting into my seat until about 1:30~ due to the long line and just taking awhile to go through the registration.

Not much went on the tourney, pretty much bounced around starting stack until 100/200/25. Lost 2750 when I shoved over a shortie shove with TT and he won the flip with AQ. And then I raised AQ in MP, villain called from the button with AK. Flop A 9 6, I bet, he shove, I call and lose.

Good news is that I chopped a Venetian $135 satellite tonight so we're not down as much.

Cash game wise didn't go as well, lost 3 buy-ins in total. First AA < KK AIPF with K on turn. Hand 2 was 5 way limped pot with me in MP with 88, flop Q J 8 and I get AI on the 7 turn card with 88 < villain's QQ (yes, sometime limped with QQ). Last buy-in was lost when I had T8cc, with flop of T72cc, we get about 30% of my stack in and the rest on the turn of 9x and bricked. Villain had AT.

Hopefully tomorrow goes better - aiming to play the $1K again
  • How many people played the $1k satty? I fly in tomorrow, I'm thinking about playing the $2k. I will be a little late, likely missing a level. Does it seem like a big deal to be a little late? Good luck tomorrow!
  • They didn't have the final numbers on the board yet, but I'm pretty sure they got 500+ for that $1k.

Edit: via Twitter - 736 for 1K ytdy, 155 for the 2K