Badugi Strategy

For those interested in learning badugi, there is a great site

www.thebadugimaster.com

is has some really good guides for all skill levels from newbie to veteran. check it out!

Comments

• what is Badugi in a nut shell?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    what is Badugi in a nut shell?

4 card low ball
    No pairs or suited cards allowed
  • Badugi is a 4 card draw game. The betting and drawing structure is the same as 2-7 lowball triple draw (ie there are 4 betting rounds with a drawing round in between each). The goal is to get as low a hand as possible with as many different suits and as many different numbers as possible. The nuts for badugi is Ah2c3s4d (or other suit combinations, as long as their different)

I got it all summed up nicely here:

Badugi Master: Badugi Guide: The Basics
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    4 card low ball
    No pairs or suited cards allowed

what he said. lol.
  • I don't like 'low ball' games; seems to defeat the purpose and go against the spirit of the game. Trying to win the hand by having the worse hand...don't get the appeal?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I don't like 'low ball' games; seems to defeat the purpose and go against the spirit of the game. Trying to win the hand by having the worse hand...don't get the appeal?

I've wondered this too. It could just as easily be a high game where KQJT gives you the best hand, but for some reason its low. In the end its just numbers on the cards though
  • I hate lowball games in general cause I suck at them. :D

ib4yousuckatallgames :D
  • As NL and Omaha get harder its good to get accustomed to other games. The argument of "I think it doesn't make sense to have the lowest hand win" is an irrelevant argument as the same thing can be said about other games like Omaha "why do I need 2 cards to win" and NL "why does ace high beat king high when Ace in most card games is worth 1 pt"

My advice is get used to playing these draw games as soon as possible.
  • Playing different forms of poker can really expand your understanding of the game. I enjoy playing badugi but prefer it as a big bet game.

don`t get married to a king hi badugi! sometimes u gotta break that yo, especially if u have a really nice tri
  • Nice, thanks for the link!