Changes to P*'s Micro SNG's?

Playing for the first time in a week and the rake/buyins look different. Also added some more types of KO games. Anyone else notice this? Anyone know why?

Also, all the SNG's blind levels are 6 minutes, not 10. WTF?

Comments

• I haven't played a ton online in ages, but just checked and you're right.

My old favourite, the 6max, $6.50 turbos are gone. Very sad. I assume with lower volume of players, they're trying to grind out more of these with the shorter blind levels.

Other than that I have no clue.
  • I thought they added more levels and decreased the time to have a more gradual increase similar to the FT tournaments. Is that right?
  • Actually you could be correct about that Quimby (vote Quimby!). I seem to remember Westside8 mentioning the various new blind levels in the 180 man SNG he plays alot of. I didn't look at that when I just checked.

I guess that could make things a little more gradual.
  • The rake has definitely changed on the turbos. I can't remember what they were before - did the rake on the turbos go down or up?
  • For the regular ones the rake actually went down 10%. Not sure about turbos. Yes, I noticed after I started playing that there were more blind levels, not just that they were quicker. Thankfully, the MTT's are still 3K stacks and 10-15 minute blinds.
  • They eliminated the 2.20 (180 man) turbo all together. There is a 3.32 (180 man turbo) so the rake per game in this would be 2 cents higher per game.

My fav micro tourney was the 1.40 90 man ko for some time. Now it is 1.43, another slight increase, also changing the blinds to 6 mins (this may not be too bad).

I do notice that some of the micro tourneys have gone from 10 cent rake to 15 cents. The 45 man 3.25 turbos are now 3.32.

I need to do some more looking to see what else I notice.
  • I hope stars does not listen to all the crybaby's on 2p2 wanting to change the blinds back to what they were.

So far I am liking the blind level changes.
  • Much like the OLG, I am betting that any chnges will be +ev for Pokerstars, rather than the players.

At least they are not blaming any increases on rising fuel costs.
  • Ya so they caved in and pretty much returned to old blind structure, FFS.

I still have to try these latest changes out but right now I am going with BULLSHIT!:mad:

I am o.k. with 10 minute blind levels, but the jumps in blind levels are too big and almost makes it just a shove fest come like level 4.

They did bring back the 4.40 180 man with 15 minute levels so that looks o.k.

Like I said I will try them out this weekend but I will go with the above for now.
  • I don't know, in the 45s, FT, everyone has 10BB or less and trying to make the money was worse than playing the bubble in the old DoN's.

Btw yesterday:
    Buy-In: $3.00/$0.32 USD
    Today:
    Buy-In: $3.19/$0.31 USD

Nice to see the rake cut and boost to the prize pool.

1st place was $41.87, now $44.53

No change in the rake for the $5.43s.
  • moose wrote: »
    I don't know, in the 45s, FT, everyone has 10BB or less and trying to make the money was worse than playing the bubble in the old DoN's.

Btw yesterday:
    Buy-In: $3.00/$0.32 USD
    Today:
    Buy-In: $3.19/$0.31 USD

Nice to see the rake cut and boost to the prize pool.

1st place was $41.87, now $44.53

No change in the rake for the $5.43s.

Any difference in the 3.50 or 5.50 levels now?
  • Just trying a stt now, good thing it is horrible players anyway to make up for the strutcure,lol

Just started mind you but already doubled up in 1st blind level, have yet to hit the new blinds yet though so will see how it goes.
  • Played my usual 18 man and finished 3rd, being card dead at the end is soooo fun. Still on the fence about the changes thoguh.
  • They have done some changes again! Make up your minds, the micro`s are now 1.50 up from 1.00, but it looks like the prize pools are bigger, Next level is 3.50 which I want to start playing and maybe the 5 dollar level, but I just loooked and it was 6.00 now! and their are no 18 man`s, like what the heck!, 27 man`s was still there, instead of 50 bucks for 1st it`s like 63 bucks or something which is sweet!

As for the number crunching this is where Richard or blondefish come into play to see what the difference between the changes are if any.

Looks like your paying more, but looks like the prize pools are bigger.

I am going on 20 hours today so don`t have time to take a good look, but that`s what I noticed anyway.
  • I just found that the $5.00 50/50s are gone...it goes from $3.50 to $7.00. That sucks mightily.
  • Ya 7 dollars is way to big of a jump, like geez:(. I will only dabble in them if I am running good and everything works out with my plan, I just played a 9 man on full tilt,( 2nd place just missing 1st cause the luckbox flopped a straight)to do some final adjustments before I get into multitabling tomorrow (hopefully), the 18 man traffic has died on full tilt, still 1-3 running but might be 9 man's on full tilt and 18 man's on stars.

But ya the jumps in buy in's are too big, like I said I liked the 1st changes and I miss them already, who knows if these latest changes are set in stone..........
  • $6.50 45 man turbos are gone. WTF! $.50, $1, $3.50 to $10. Nothing in between. Seriously that sucks.