Hand 3, am I getting too Loose Passive?

I won't over describe this one, but it was the start of going from one of the table chipleaders above average stack to my later messes. We are 1.5 hours in.

A10 UTG +1 Blinds 100/200ish Stack 15,000 and change.

I don't raise, first mistake, but I am tight as hell early position when it comes to raising with good players. Should prob fix that.

Limps around and flop comes 10 7 5 don't rember any other draws but wouldn't discount 89 limping in.

Girl raises to 600, I plan on reraising but UTG does first and makes it 1500.

I don't know much about him, he is 2nd on CPT leaderboard, plays good hands strong but I can only put him on a top pair. He seems like he would check raise a set or bet the open ender. I call, she folds.

Turn made the board pretty draw heavy, he seemed hesitant when he bet 2000k I should have folded here, but it didn't complete what I thought he might hold.

I figured he would check the river, any 8 was good I remember and in all honsety by that time I should have been raising him as he seemed very nervous about my staying and the board texture.

I check behind and he tables 75. Should I have seen this coming? First good player I asked said he doesn't fold my hand here, why would I. Should have re raised min 1400 and folded turn on flop possibly.

From these three hands, am I getting a bit loose passive? Def not the game I want to play?

Comments

• jontm wrote: »

Girl raises to 600, I plan on reraising but UTG does first and makes it 1500.

I don't know much about him, he is 2nd on CPT leaderboard, plays good hands strong but I can only put him on a top pair. He seems like he would check raise a set or bet the open ender. I call, she folds.

So SB opened and UTG 3 bet?

Your probably good here about never if thats the case.

Im not calling pre.
    Im not calling flop.
  • He may have been in bb her in small, which makes more sense now. I don't rember him checking before it was my turn to act. Huge oversight. So either I missed he was in BB and could very well of flopped 2 pair or I let him check raise, which wouldn't have happened because I would have remembered him raising my initial raise. no way I check early with top but vulnerable pair, top kicker.

Oh boyyy....sloppy sloppy. Meh I have decided to just stick to writing about you grinders for awhile and then BAP here and there with the profits for a bit anyway, lol. Got's some work to put into my game before I take another shot me thinks..

A) pay the fuck attention to position

B) raise more entering pots

That's a start...
  • im sure the best players here open limp once in a blue moon, but im a firm believer that you should absolutely always raise if you are first in for a very very long time before ever limping first in (like try it for weeks or months). It will make the game sooooo much easier.

once someone bets the flop you kinda gotta put them on top pair, but more importantly when someone raises their bet you gotta feel they put the initial better on top pair so you must feel the raiser has even better. that would make JJ+ very hard to hold onto at that point.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    So SB opened and UTG 3 bet?

Your probably good here about never if thats the case.

Im not calling pre.
    Im not calling flop.

Keep running over this in my head, def he was UTG. No pre flop raise though. She acted first post flop, he reraised.

you wouldn't play a 10 pre without raising utg+1 because utg limped if I
    am understanding correctly? His reraise early does scream strength and I
    think I should have gone with my gut and mucked there. But I would have hated it.

If he had flat called her would you agree with a raise though? She didn't worry me at all, she had checked a jack high flop with AJ and just kept check called me, and not in a trappy way to let me draw out in another hand
  • jontm wrote: »
    Keep running over this in my head, def he was UTG. No pre flop raise though. She acted first post flop, he reraised.

you wouldn't play a 10 pre without raising utg+1 because utg limped if I am understanding correctly? His reraise early does scream strength and I think I should have gone with my gut and mucked there.

If he had flat called her you would agree with a raise though? She didn't worry me at all, she had checked a jack high flop with AJ and just kept check called me, and not in a trappy way to let me draw out in another hand

No, I probably dont play a10 from utg or +1 at all. If I do Im def opening.

I dont mind a flop squeeze if villain 2 flats here.
  • Good to know. I had been playing A10 very rarely in early position previously as it always seems to be trouble, but started thinking this was a bit chicken shit. Two hands that have always been trouble, a10 and kq, though I seem to have a better handle on when to play kq without second guessing now.

This series I busted both events shoving 55 with about 4m. Pretty sure this is bad, need to stick to push or fold at about 7m as this seemed way more effective.