Is this AA?

PokerStars Game #61715044745: Tournament #419010384, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2011/05/05 13:34:49 ET
Table '419010384 49' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: Thomasdr (5170 in chips)
Seat 2: McAusland (10270 in chips)
Seat 3: TushCan#1 (4290 in chips)
Seat 4: requeste (4520 in chips)
Seat 5: pctnet (2325 in chips)
Seat 6: Jopan111 (13875 in chips)
Seat 7: orgi6077 (5700 in chips)
Seat 8: jajaclaudio (6820 in chips)
Seat 9: TomasHH-1984 (10970 in chips) is sitting out
pctnet: posts small blind 25
Jopan111: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to McAusland [Kd Ks]
orgi6077: folds
jajaclaudio: calls 50
TomasHH-1984: folds
Thomasdr: raises 150 to 200
McAusland: calls 200
TushCan#1: folds
requeste: calls 200
pctnet: folds
Jopan111: calls 150
jajaclaudio: calls 150
*** FLOP *** [3s 3c 3d]
Jopan111: checks
jajaclaudio: bets 100
Thomasdr: raises 600 to 700
McAusland: calls 700
requeste: folds
Jopan111: folds
jajaclaudio: folds
*** TURN *** [3s 3c 3d] [9s]
Thomasdr: bets 2000
McAusland: ??

Comments

• Could be but how can you possibly know it's not any pair over the board? If it's AA, just variance, pay the man his money...
  • I don't even... I pray you know the answer to that since there's no way you folded
  • So many overpairs that he can be doing this with. Sure AA/99 are in that range, but I doubt he has 3x.

Raise to 6k on the turn.
  • McAusland: raises 2300 to 4300
    Thomasdr: calls 2270 and is all-in
    Uncalled bet (30) returned to McAusland
    *** RIVER *** [3s 3c 3d 9s] [8d]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Thomasdr: shows [Th Tc] (a full house, Threes full of Tens)
    McAusland: shows [Kd Ks] (a full house, Threes full of Kings)
    McAusland collected 11065 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 11065 | Rake 0
    Board [3s 3c 3d 9s 8d]
    Seat 1: Thomasdr showed [Th Tc] and lost with a full house, Threes full of Tens
    Seat 2: McAusland showed [Kd Ks] and won (11065) with a full house, Threes full of Kings
    Seat 3: TushCan#1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: requeste (button) folded on the Flop
    Seat 5: pctnet (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 6: Jopan111 (big blind) folded on the Flop
    Seat 7: orgi6077 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: jajaclaudio folded on the Flop
    Seat 9: TomasHH-1984 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

No, I wasn't folding as I couldn't see any reason to. If he had it, he had it. Just making sure I wasn't getting too attached to my big pocket pairs. Thanks guys!
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    No, I wasn't folding as I couldn't see any reason to. If he had it, he had it. Just making sure I wasn't getting too attached to my big pocket pairs. Thanks guys!

Exactly, your welcome! Maybe I'm not the nit I think I am... :) Well played, he likely though he was ahead... You disguised your hand so couldn't possibly fold it the way it was played.
  • cerb do some home work here.....list all the possible hand he could do this with here that beat you, and all the possible hands that your beat. and i don't mean like quads i mean all the possible 3x hands like A3, 35s, 99 etc. It helps when you count them and see the numbers i think.

Anyways I do believe you need to slowplay the turn cause if he is behind he is way behind.
  • Cerberus, why no 3bet pre flop? I don't play very many tournaments, but with five people to act after me, I would be 3betting to 600 or 650. I would not want a family pot with KK.
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't have alot of tournament experience. I play mostly micro stakes cash.
  • flipper wrote: »
    Cerberus, why no 3bet pre flop? I don't play very many tournaments, but with five people to act after me, I would be 3betting to 600 or 650. I would not want a family pot with KK.
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't have alot of tournament experience. I play mostly micro stakes cash.

Welcome to the forum

Best post in this thread.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum

Best post in this thread.

Mark

I don't mind the mixing it up by calling pre on occasion to disguise your hand as long as you can get away if an A flops or there is a real dangerous board. However this is not that and you can't fold here ever.

rethinking this and my statement above would be much more effective live where other players know you. Online where people don't know you I think I'm more up for a re-raise pre.
  • compuease wrote: »
    I don't mind the mixing it up by calling pre on occasion to disguise your hand as long as you can get away if an A flops or there is a real dangerous board. However this is not that and you can't fold here ever.

rethinking this and my statement above would be much more effective live where other players know you. Online where people don't know you I think I'm more up for a re-raise pre.

I dont disagree but its never good this early. like 200/400 a50 we can flat an EP raise because the likelyhood of A) there being callers behind decreases, and B) we are more likely to get squeezed.
  • raise/get it in on every street at this level.
  • Sorry, should have explained the flat pre. 2 players left to act after me had proven themselves LAG and I felt they would put in a squeeze, so I could then 4bet them and either scoop a good sized pot pre or have them make a big mistake and shove. Bastards folded. So much for my read lol
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Sorry, should have explained the flat pre. 2 players left to act after me had proven themselves LAG and I felt they would put in a squeeze, so I could then 4bet them and either scoop a good sized pot pre or have them make a big mistake and shove. Bastards folded. So much for my read lol

I wouldnt do this again. its not very likely that you have near enough info after 2 blind levels to get tricky. Just 3bet/get it in People are way more likely to flat in the early levels and wayy less likely to squeeze as a bluff.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I wouldnt do this again. its not very likely that you have near enough info after 2 blind levels to get tricky. Just 3bet/get it in People are way more likely to flat in the early levels and wayy less likely to squeeze as a bluff.

While I agree with you (especially considering your skill vs mine), does it matter that I've been at the same table the entire time and it's 30 minute blinds or is this still not enough time to make this type of read?
  • Friday night I had KK with a preflop raise of $30 bucks there was a call, call then I shove almost $200
    and fold, call, call so we are all in the two of us and one with chips. The flop comes 8.9,J and the guy besides me flips his 7,10 off. thats the way he plays and has a horse shoe up his yang yang. God i hate this game! lol not really..