Custom Poker Table for Tender

Ok, our new house is bought and I've got the go ahead for my Canadiens Poker Table of Honour.

My idea is for red felt/microfibre with the Montreal Canadiens logo in the middle. Racetrack design with cup holders (deep holders....no spills on this baby). Folding legs preferred.

Seat positions would have the white numbers with blue border for corresponding Canadien greats.

1 - Jacque Plante
2 - Doug Harvey
33 - Patrick Roy
4 - Jean Beliveau
5 - Boom Boom Geoffrion
16 - Henri Richard
7 - Howie Morenz
18 - Serge Savard
9 - Rocket Richard
10 - Guy Lafleur

I would like 3" numbers on the table surface in front of each seat position (between cup holders). Incorporated in the numbers would be a 2" blue betting line (with white border) around the table like the numbers display on the backs of the Habs red jerseys.

Like this......jersey_hrichard_mtl_red_back.jpg

Would also like ideas how to tastefully and effectively display the player names on the racetrack, ie inset metal plaques, engraved etc.

Any interested party is invited to bid for this job. Lowest bid will not necessarily be accepted. Winning bid will consist of best mix of quality and value.

Please ask any questions pertaining to the job here, in this thread.

Thanks

Comments

• Also if anyone would have insight on the possibility of custom chips for this (moose) I would very much like to explore that possibility. Tournament set probably. I'm thinking white, red and blue (obv) as the primary chip colours with Habs logo and denomination stamped in the middle. Would have to think about other colours to fit. Black and gold possibly.

Blue 25's
    Red 100's
    Black 500's
    White 1000's
    Gold 5000's

Any ideas welcome.
  • Congrats on the new house. Where is it?

You should get custom seat assigment/bounty chips made for the corresponding player/seat number.
    I think the Habs logo on black felt would look uber sick and the chips wouldn't be camouflaged.

Chiptalk helped me out tons when I was in the market for new chips. Also, WaterLoser recently got custom chips from somewhere. I believe there is a thread here somewhere.

EDIT: Ditch the drink holders on lieu of side tables or trays. Some jackass WILL FOR SURE spill something on the table. Best to keep all liquids as far away from the table as possible.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Congrats on the new house. Where is it?

Just around the corner. Bleams road just down from McDonalds.
  • Ok, our new house is bought and I've got the go ahead for my Canadiens Poker Table of Honour.

My idea is for red felt/microfibre with the Montreal Canadiens logo in the middle. Racetrack design with cup holders (deep holders....no spills on this baby). Folding legs preferred.

Seat positions would have the white numbers with blue border for corresponding Canadien greats.

1 - Jacque Plante
    2 - Doug Harvey
    33 - Patrick Roy
    4 - Jean Beliveau
    5 - Boom Boom Geoffrion
    16 - Henri Richard
    7 - Howie Morenz
    18 - Serge Savard
    9 - Rocket Richard
    10 - Guy Lafleur

I would like 3" numbers on the table surface in front of each seat position (between cup holders). Incorporated in the numbers would be a 2" blue betting line (with white border) around the table like the numbers display on the backs of the Habs red jerseys.

Like this......jersey_hrichard_mtl_red_back.jpg

Would also like ideas how to tastefully and effectively display the player names on the racetrack, ie inset metal plaques, engraved etc.

Any interested party is invited to bid for this job. Lowest bid will not necessarily be accepted. Winning bid will consist of best mix of quality and value.

Please ask any questions pertaining to the job here, in this thread.

Thanks

I hate you.

I am looking forward to seeing this bad boy. I am working on a custom cloth for my Speakeasy table...but, it's no Habs table.
  • I am inappropriately excited to play on this table.

Mark
  • This is not a problem. I can do everything you have asked all I need is some time to assemble a quote for you and I will likely have a few questions for you regarding some details. I have a lot of tables going out in the next week or two so if you could give me a week to get that quote done for you that would be great.

I am currently working on a Detroit Red Wings table for a customer so once that is complete you should come and have a look at it so you can check it out and verify the quality. I also just completed a Syracuse University table for myself so your welcome to have a look at it. You can PM me and we can talk further.

If you have not seen my website yet feel free to take a look.

TG Poker Tables Homepage
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I think the Habs logo on black felt would look uber sick and the chips wouldn't be camouflaged.

The more I think the more I like something like this logo in the blue shadow, in the middle of a black felt.

66597333324c41476b7258776359324f677a41-149x149-0-0.jpg

Still with the blue and white betting line and numbers.
  • You are not going to want a betting line AND a racetrack. Ditch the racetrack and get in rail cupholders or under the table fold out cupholders.

Sent you pm with the email of the dude (Johnny5 - John Faulhaber) you want designing the table cloth. For custom chip you can either get the chinese compression 8V blanks from the chiproom and order labels from PGI or get ceramics. The cost is about the same - aprox. $.50-.75 ea. Personally I think the 8V chips are the way to go and I've got a set of these already and labels on order from PGI. However I was surprised by the compliments my ceramics got at my last cash game. Once you know which way you are going then also get Johnny5 to do the labels/chips. He quoted me $75-95 for the layout design. To add on a chip design wouldn't be much more. Get the cloth printed by PGI $120 unless TommyGlammer can get you a similar price for dye-sublimated cloth.

I think is would be more cool to have sort of a top down view of a darkened forum with spotlights illuminating the logo at center ice and the retired numbers hanging as banners from the ceiling at each seat position.

Kinda like this:
    AS-Ice.jpg

610x.jpg

Or a locker room with the jerseys hanging would be cool. canadiens1-300x224.jpg

Or back to the forum idea with 'seats' around the arena marked with the retired numbers.

Replace the printed text with stats/cups won etc.

montreal-canadiens-seats-from-the-forum_4438951.jpg
  • Your pm box is full. You have 1000 pms? Wow.
  • moose wrote: »
    Your pm box is full. You have 1000 pms? Wow.

Um, nope. More than I thought but not near 1000.

Found this cool tool from Sidepot. I think these would be fantastic.....with centred logo's obv.

..:: Sidepot - View All ::..
    You are not going to want a betting line AND a racetrack. Ditch the racetrack and get in rail cupholders or under the table fold out cupholders.

montreal-canadiens-seats-from-the-forum_4438951.jpg

Good point about the racetrack. As far as the surface goes I think I prefer understated. I will have plenty of memorabilia in the room so the table shouldn't be busy.

Lol, where did you find that picture of the seats? I know a Larry Bender. I'm sure he was not a season ticket holder. BTW I have a forum seat.
  • Mole . . . not a Habs fan, and never will be, but I would love an invite to play on the table you have described. Just an awesome concept. Any particular reason you went with Roy over Emile Bouchard in the 3-spot? More recognizable to today's fans, maybe?

Oh, and I agree with Johnnie, some asshat Leafs fan will spill something on this beauty, so do not give them the chance.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Mole . . . not a Habs fan, and never will be, but I would love an invite to play on the table you have described. Just an awesome concept. Any particular reason you went with Roy over Emile Bouchard in the 3-spot? More recognizable to today's fans, maybe?

Oh, and I agree with Johnnie, some asshat Leafs fan will spill something on this beauty, so do not give them the chance.

I can probably save you a spot for the christening but it won't be for quite a while. Definitely went for the higher recognition of Roy over Bouchard. I actually spent much more time deciding whether #6 would go to Toe Blake since he wore it as a player before going onto gain his greatest fame as coach. Still not a retired number by the Habs but I think they should.

I will no doubt be quite diligent about keeping asshats in line but there must be beer holders on a Canadiens table.
  • Um, nope. More than I thought but not near 1000.

Found this cool tool from Sidepot. I think these would be fantastic.....with centred logo's obv.

..:: Sidepot - View All ::..

The saved chips will only come up with your cookies. We get a blank screen. You will have to screenshot them and post here. However you may note that the copyright at the bottom credits Johnny5 design. Also the regular Protoge's run $1.49 each from Sidepot, custom clay chips will be closer to $2 will an additional setup fee for each different inlay. ASM chips would be cheaper at $1.25-$1.60 ea depending on spot options.

If you only want a basic design then you can use PGI's designer at $35 per hour but his attention to detail was somewhat lacking and I had to ask for minor changes at least six times to correct small issues with centering etc that he should have caught. Trust me, Johnny5 can come up with something truly spectacular. It's obv a one time thing, so do it right.
  • If you are intrested I could build this for you and make your dream table come true. I will have to give you a quote next week when I get back home. Can have the quote ready Wednesday at noon.

Brent
  • something like this?
    canadiens.jpg
    canadiens2.jpg
    nothing for the names yet, but you can use your imagination
  • I think it moved . . . maybe make the racetrack look like the dashers on the boards?
  • ^ now that is a sexy table.
    IMG_9916_800x533.jpg

It definitely moved . . .
  • Am I the only one to think that table is a little over the top? It's gorgeous but looks like it might be a pain in the ass to play on?

Has anyone actually had a game on it?
  • it most definitely is over the top, it's not the most comfortable table, but this is what the customer wanted. he has had a full 10 player game on it and says it wasn't uncomfortable, that everyone loved it and it wasn't too hard to look at cards. i'm in the process of building another similar table, with the raised rail portion not as tall and the table will be more hockey rink shaped.
  • Gorgeous table, how much does it cost to have one of those made? Is the 'ice surface' felt? Would love to see photos in more detail
  • that table was pretty pricey, several thousand bucks. the ice surface is a custom poker cloth, it was printed by 916pokerdepot, they do excellent work, i highly recommend using them if you want to get a custom felt printed. more photos of my table are on my website, Chanman Poker Tables - Home
  • sorry for the partial thread jack, but what ever happened to the table tendering? did it ever go through? (i never put in a bid, i'm just curious about what the final design looks like)
  • Still finalizing details of the design. Have 3 local builders interested in doing it.

Will be finalized in the next few weeks. I'm leaning towards custom cloth right now and will look into 916pokerdepot. I'm hoping I can find a place to do it without trademark restrictions using the Habs logo.
  • Don't think that should be a major issue, should it? Fair use clause allows for making use of copyrighted material and/or trademarks. Not as if you are trying to profit from the table, right? (I've watched you play, Mole . . .).
  • but the company who's printing the cloth is going to profit from the sale, but it shouldn't be an issue, i know that palm say they can't do it which is too bad cause they have a good price for their felt