advice on us dollar account

So I am looking for advice on maybe getting a u.s. dollar account for online transactions from poker and other online stuff I do.

Now the 1st concern would be if stars/tilt move from u.s. currency due to the recent events to euro currency but who knows.

Other than that do you guys just use a savings u.s. dollar account for withdrawals from sites?

Sorry if this sounds stupid but a lil confused about it all so anything on this will prob help.

With the dollar where it is compared to the u.s. it hurts withdrawing, I won $480 but by the time I got through all the conversion and shit I only got about 400 so I am just looking for better options.

Comments

• Just go into your own bank and tell them you want to open a US$ account. As simple as that...
  • You will have to either withdraw via US$ cheque or moneybookers wire.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    You will have to either withdraw via US$ cheque or moneybookers wire.

Right now it is mainly moneybookers wire from sites that I get anyway, I know I will still be hit with the fee from my bank.

Other than that I use instadebit, I will have to ask them if I can have more than 1 bank account on my instadebit account.
  • ummm .....errrrrr.......ya......

Kind of disregard what I said about moneybookers,it's already cad$,lol

Told ya I was confused!

Thank god for blondefish saving this thread.^-^
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Thank god for blondefish saving this thread.^-^
    Um you do realize what the TD Borderless plan will cost don't you? My TD US$ account doesn't cost me anything other than a transaction fee. The borderless plan is mostly for people who are running a lot of money through and has monthly fees. So how is Blondefish saving the thread? I didn't know it needed saving.
  • My TD US Borderless Plan always had monthly fees waived until I noticed online recently that it had been ripping me off $2.25 every single month for "passbook fees" since April. I was also charged a whopping $45 for my recent wire transfer fee.

Does anybody have a better U$ account with no transaction or monthly fees (for balance >$3K) and wire fees less than $45? President's Choice Financial just gave me a 2% promotional rate, but unfortunately it does not have U$ accounts.
    compuease wrote: »
    Um you do realize what the TD Borderless plan will cost don't you? My TD US$ account doesn't cost me anything other than a transaction fee. The borderless plan is mostly for people who are running a lot of money through and has monthly fees.
  • Hmm, can't help you blondefish, but just to say I thought you started this thread and not me!:D

But I barely use moneybookers anymore, I just stay with sites that have instadebit or you can use or transfer to cdn $. Instadebit does have like 2 dollar fees now for transactions and their stupid conversion fee or whatever it is but still cheaper than a wire fee from the bank I guess.
  • My BMO USD account has no fees because my CDN chequing account carries >$2000 balance. I keep <$1 in the USD account. I use ING USD account and transfer the money to BMO when I need USD. Travellers cheques free too.

US dollar bank account | Bank accounts | BMO Bank of Montreal

If you are not going to do more than 10 USD transactions per month, you can either keep $1000 in the account or pay $4/month. I have not used wire transfers but it looks like they cost $14.
  • ^^^ +1 to this.. Very similar to mine at TD..
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    My TD US Borderless Plan always had monthly fees waived until I noticed online recently that it had been ripping me off $2.25 every single month for "passbook fees" since April. I was also charged a whopping $45 for my recent wire transfer fee.

Does anybody have a better U$ account with no transaction or monthly fees (for balance >$3K) and wire fees less than $45? President's Choice Financial just gave me a 2% promotional rate, but unfortunately it does not have U$ accounts.

I have a personal US account with CIBC. I'm not aware of any service fees, but I'm going to look into that now.