problems cashout in USD partypoker

Im a canadian but my account in partypoker is in USD since i also have a us bank account i always prefer US check. In the cahout options under check by mail ive noticed there was a scroll box with cdn but i cant scroll it to USD. So ive sent an email to customer support and i get an unclear already script message. After ive sent this email.

My account name is XXXXX and i want to cashout 1234.56 but what i see under check by mail is

current balance USD 1234

Amount

fee : usd 10.00

currency CAD

my adress

your account will be credited 1111.11 CAD (less than 1234.56)

I dont want my credit card to be credited I want a USD check of 1234.56 can you confirm that whats im going to get ?

They reply with a scripted message that says there is no proplem.

In the commentary box for cashing out I clearly say that i want a usd check and that i dont want a CC credital nor a cdn check.

After i get this automated email reply thinking all is going to be OK.

Your Cash out request received on xxxxx 11:32 EST with transaction ID xxxxxxxxxxx from your Account "xxxxx" has been approved and is currently being processed. Please see the payment distribution below for complete issuing details:

Cash Out - Payment Distribution
Payment ID Payment Type Amount*
xxxxxx Check by US post USD xxxxxxx
*Amount displayed is based on your Account Currency without any applicable fee.

Login to your Account to track your payment status at the Transaction History located under the Cashier section and click on transaction Status link for complete details.

Time taken for funds to reach you:

*If payment type is Visa please allow 3-5 business days.
*If payment type is Bank Transfer please allow 2-4 business days.

If payment type selected is different from above, please login to your Account and visit the Cashier Cashout section and if prompted to the request page of your last cash out option used, please select *All Options* from the drop-down list located on the top right which states *More Cash out Options* to be re-directed to Cashout options main page where you would see how much time it takes for funds to reach you.
So i was expecting a USD check but no they sent a CDN check instead note that my account is in USD and ive never had any CDN money on any poker site.

Ive contacted support they reply their process is automated and that i should request Wire next time. Ive told wire have 35$ fees and that im going to return the check and ask for a USD check, they reply that i dont need to send the check that they are going to stop the check and reimbourse my account with CDN dollars !! (losing about 50$ in currency xchange fees wich ill loose twice to put in usd again since i need USD) I reply that i dont want any converted money and dont want to pay any currency spread fees. They credit my account with the full usd amount and now ive sent another email ask to make sure i get a US check that i dont want a Wire (10+25$) fees

Now they reply that they cannot send US check to canadian players !!!

Comments

• That's very weird all around. I don't play on Party, but I have been using a transfer method for years now that has always worked for me.

I use Moneybookers for moving money from site to site and have my TD USD account linked to my Moneybookers account.

When I want to withdraw, I go from the poker room to Moneybookers (usually about 24 hours, depending on the site), then I transfer from Moneybookers to my bank account (about 3-5 days).
  • Ya the way the dollar is right now, your going to get dinged unless you have a usd account or whatever, I cashed out almost 500 bucks and lost like 40 bucks( numbers approximate) to the difference in the dollar. :(.

It's good if you want to deposit or whatever the other way around:p
  • Yes, it's strange that we can't get US dollars via cheque or electronic transfer. Are U$ cheques and electronic transfers available with FTP, PS, etc?

The only options to avoid PartyPoker's ~5% currency exchange spread is via bank wire transfer or Moneybookers. Even though Palladium members are supposed to have no-fee cashouts, I get dinged U$38 in bank fees every time I do a wire transfer. :frown:
    benlessard wrote: »
    Ive contacted support they reply their process is automated and that i should request Wire next time. Ive told wire have 35$ fees and that im going to return the check and ask for a USD check, ...

Now they reply that they cannot send US check to canadian players !!!
  • As Buyinbank says Moneybookers linked to your US$ account is the nuts..
  • When you transfer from Moneybooker to your bank account how come you are not paying Wire/SWIFT fees ? My bank charge me 25$ + usually there is fee on the other side. Also i doubt they will let me cashout Moneybooker since i didnt i didnt deposited with them. (this is where Moneybooker make their cut i guess).

Also am I the only one who think its pure BS they cannot send me a US check for security reason but they will gladly send me a cdn check and when ive told them to return the check they say that i dont need to return it because they will "cancel" the check.

My account is more than 5 years old and probably sure i did get check from them maybe its was when they were with the other skins (Empire).

My biggest annoyance is how abyssimal the customer service was.

1- ive asked how come there was no way to scroll to USD in check menu they reply with the complete withdrawal procedure. DUMB

2- Ive clearly asked again with a yes or no question they reply with a long message instead of a yes or no.

3- The comment box when cashing out is pure esthetism.. nobody read it im sure.

4- in all email i told them that i didnt want a Wire (too expansive) yet in all their email they suggest to do a wire.

5- ive told them that i want to return the CDN check to get a usd check and they gladly cancel my cdn check but theyve never told me at this point that it wasnt possible to get a usd check. Super lame.
  • The fees for the Moneybooker transfer was incredibly low, but I can't tell you what they are offhand...definitely less than $35 a transfer.

You could always make a minimum deposit with MB to Party to link it then initiate the withdrawal. May have to play 100 hands or so first, but it's definitely worth it.

I agree, they're customer service in handling your case was awful.
  • ya mb is pretty cheap 1.80 euros + bank fees. TD charged me $10 about 1 year ago
  • Ive just check and TD wire are 10$ im with CIBC and its 25$. Still 12$ is more expansive than a check right ? Also i dont like to use intermediary when none are necessary especially Moneybookers they had a terrible reputation 3-4 years ago, even if theyve improved i still dont trust them.
  • When I was withdrawing all my funds from PokerStars today, I noticed that they also have the same restriction for cheques to Canadians.
    "Due to regulation changes, your currency selection is limited to"
    Canadian dollars.
    benlessard wrote: »
    am I the only one who think its pure BS they cannot send me a US check
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    When I was withdrawing all my funds from PokerStars today, I noticed that they also have the same restriction for cheques to Canadians.
    "Due to regulation changes, your currency selection is limited to"
    Canadian dollars.

May seem strange but, People are posting all over the place that the US $$$ checks are not being honored at financial institutions worldwide.
  • For the life of me still, I can't figure out why people want checks from sites, banks already would not take them before all of this and many reports of the checks bouncing if they do find a way to cash them.

Boggles the mind...........
  • Ive never had problems with US checks before (at least 10 of them but i always have some money in my US bank account so money isnt frozen), and wire at CIBC cost 25$ + whatever on the other side. I guess that sooner or later i have to go to open an account at TD to pay 10$ for a wire since i do need to do them for time to time.
  • Mind you I have not used cheques for anything in 2 years or or maybe even longer, so I don't know how banks handle these cheques now a days.

Slight off chat............

We were just talking about using cheques and how some people stare blankly at you and say, you still use cheques?,lol

But anyway I mean why would you want to go through the hassle of it all:confused: