Crewcabs

Hey, just wondering if any of you guys run crewcabs out there, what years they are, and what kind of mileage you are getting?

I am looking into getting a newer one as ours is just killing me for fuel with the 7.4l gas engine...

I have been searching but can't seem to find a good mileage comparison chart on 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks.

Comments

• Friend of mine has the new F150 (well, 1-2 yrs. old). I'll ask about the mileage.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Friend of mine has the new F150 (well, 1-2 yrs. old). I'll ask about the mileage.

Our crewcab is a 3500 Chevy, and I just did my last mix of hwy and town (mostly highway) and got 11.45 mpg. (about 24.6l/100) That is the high (good) end of the scale for me...
  • Buddy says he gets about 25 mpg, mostly highway, his neighbour claims 30 mpg with a 2011 F150. Hope it helps the decision making . . .
  • kinda...but not really..lol His crewcab is a 1/2 ton truck. I need a 3/4 to 1 ton. They don't often do comparisons of heavy trucks as they are used for different things a lot of the time...from everything that i have been reading, and talking to friends that have these bigger trucks...the Cummins turbo seems to be the best mileage..or if I can track down a good used 7.3 powerstroke..that is also a good option.

But thank you :)
  • Dennis. Ford F150 2011 now comes with eco boost which improves gas mileage drastically. Quad cabs run about 35K , Much better than the Dirty old Dodge Ram (it up your arse) or the GMC ( SEE YA)
    I am leaning towards the F15o Quad. Also comes with Sync system Free to run. Dodge has nothing and OnStar costs about 60 bucks a month for everything.
  • Sorry to tell you but a crew cab does not make a truck a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck. I am guessing you have a dually. We use a 2004 Chevy dually 3500 (diesel )the thing is a pig on fuel (well at least was) driving back a forth from london to kitchener everyday the thing was costing the company $1200 in fuel every month. My boss just bought us a 2011 GMC sierra just a small guy crew cab 4.2 L 1/2 ton. He also owns a 08 or 07 GMC Sierra 2500. He doesn't like the gas mileage on that either. Its also diesel and I think he said he was getting 350 to 400 K out of a tank.

It all depends on what you are using it for ? If you can get away with just a 1/2 ton for it
  • smekm wrote: »
    Sorry to tell you but a crew cab does not make a truck a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck. I am guessing you have a dually. We use a 2004 Chevy dually 3500 (diesel )the thing is a pig on fuel (well at least was) driving back a forth from london to kitchener everyday the thing was costing the company $1200 in fuel every month. My boss just bought us a 2011 GMC sierra just a small guy crew cab 4.2 L 1/2 ton. He also owns a 08 or 07 GMC Sierra 2500. He doesn't like the gas mileage on that either. Its also diesel and I think he said he was getting 350 to 400 K out of a tank.

It all depends on what you are using it for ? If you can get away with just a 1/2 ton for it

I cannot get away with using a 1/2 ton. I tow heavy trailers, and pack a lot of weight.

I am now leaning towards the mid to late 2000's Ford 6.0l. They have some issues, but once taken care of, they are pretty much bulletproof. Add a chip, and we can maintain 20mpg while towing a decent load. The chip puts us up over the 400hp mark.