Kitchener NL Hold'em April 16th 1:30PM

2»

Comments

• I would need the names of your +2's and you must play in a tournament here first before you can just come and play in the cash game.
  • Hey Dave,

Please remove me. I have a funeral to go to on Saturday.

Thanks,

Paul
  • Work commitment again, sigh. I am out
  • i'm in now for sure, see ya'll on sat
    thx
  • ..................... plz remove me from the list dave. thx
  • Hey Dave. Please take Ian off the list. He hopes it works out better for the next one.

Thanks.

Sean
  • List is up to date and directions have been sent to those that may need them. If you would like directions, let me know and I will send them out.

Just a reminder, if you have to cancel, please do so as soon as you know you aren't coming. We still have quite a few players on the waiting list.
  • please add me to the waiting list...please pm me with location
  • sorry dave, i am cancelling this saturday,please remove me from your list
  • F&8K Me. 11 am Baseball evaluation day . Just got the email last night .
    Sorry Dave I have to bail also.
  • Hey Dave. Sorry about this, but Cvette can't make it now either.

I'll be there for sure!

Sean
  • Sorry Dave, I need to drop out for tomorrow. Hope to catch the next one.
  • wait list please Dave. I will check in and show up at 1:15. Cheers, Steve
  • Dave, woke up with a stinker of a cold,I like the game at your place but I'm sure the other players won't appreciate my cold at the table.

Please give my seat to the wait list

Will catch you in may

Cheers

Bradley
  • hey dave,
    might be a bit late, plz don't give my seat away. omw and will be there, just not sure if i will make the start time
    thx
  • I really want to come, but I would like assurance that, if by some act of God I haven't been knocked out by 7pm, we can have the Habs game on TV.
  • I really want to come, but I would like assurance that, if by some act of God I haven't been knocked out by 7pm, we can have the Habs game on TV.

1:00 game will be on. 5:00 game will be on till 7:00 when we will be switching to the Habs game.
  • That's great. I call bubble at 7:46 pm and would have hated missing the first period.

Now, please to be assigning me table 1 seat 3. K thnx.
  • When is the next tournament, Dave?
  • Another milestone was reached here at HPT as we celebrated our 30th tournament with another full field. SeekTheGrail Steve, was the 58th and last person to sign up for this tournament and he ended up walking away with the first place prize. Due to another slew of cancellations and a couple of no shows, Steve came off of the waiting list right at game time, to capture the title.
    After a long final table, it took almost two hours before we had our first elimination there, Steve defeated Rick H. Don't feel sorry for Rick though. In two starts on the HPT, he now has a chop for first place and now a second place finish. One more good run like that could earn him a perma ban.
    We had eight new players making there first appearance here. The three from the Forum were Zarbuck, CallMeBlind and Athenaios. I hope you all enjoyed yourself and come back again.
    The cash game was kind of slow all night and I don't think we ever got to 10 players at one time. waltsfriend, who always deals for us in the cash game, only got in very late, as she came in third in the tournament. Next time we would appreciate if you could make an earlier exit and not just think of yourself.:)
    The next tournament will be held on May 14th at 3:30. As you can tell by looking outside today, golf season is here, hence the later start. Also a reminder that there will not be a supper break for this. So make sure you bring something with you to eat.
    Thanks Sandy for helping me clean up last night. Your help is always appreciated.
    Only an umbrella was left here last night. I believe it is Lori's and I will make sure you get it back. Storage is $2 a day or $10 for a week.
    See you all in May.

Unofficial Results

40. Dona
    39. Zarbuck
    38. The Aux
    37. r3m1x
    36. Terry J.
    35. lazyant
    34. Bill B.
    33. sstar
    32. djgolfcan
    31. Bob F.
    30. Carsey
    29. Doug B.
    28. Adam
    27. Andy C.
    26. David F.
    25. Athenaios
    24. Buzzzardd
    23. woog30
    22. damanj16
    21. Theresa
    20. Strubby
    19. flash05
    18. compuease
    17. Mike S.
    16. Pete D.
    15. asxn557
    14. dgangsta
    13. Sherrie
    12. Nayr_Eh
    11. CallMeBlind
    10. Lori
    9. Hellmuth's Mole
    8. BigBob
    7. SteveB.
    6. Paul D. ($145)
    5. Kaye ($190)
    4. Rich T. ($265)
    3. waltsfriend ($360)
    2. Rick H. ($530)
    1. SeekTheGrail ($910)
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    The next tournament will be held on May 14th at 3:30. As you can tell by looking outside today, golf season is here, hence the later start.

You obv have not looked outside today. :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    You obv have not looked outside today. :D

well you can golf, just take higher clubs, away you go....just dont hit into the snow bank

gratz steve, hope you bring all your winnings to thursday if a seat opens up im totally there!!!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    When is the next tournament, Dave?

The next five tournaments are now listed on the Poker Forum Upcoming Events Calendar. All of them will be a 3:30pm start,
  • Thanks Dave for as always a great Holt Poker tour hosted event!

The caliber of play at the final table was amazing! My hand of the tournament was the following from the heads up battle with Rick which went for a long time and was very tough.

Effective stacks are me $130k Rick $270k with blinds 5k 10k with 2k ante. I have the button and 67 off and call Rick checks with A8 off. Flop is AK8 rainbow. Rick checks and I take a stab with a $15k bet and Rick calls. Turn is the 5 of diamonds putting 2 diamonds on board and Rick checks and I check. The 9 of diamonds hits the river filling my straight and Rick leads for 25k and I move all in for 78k more.

Rick has a very tough decision here with the 3 diamonds now on board too all thou there is certainly some chance that I am trying to move him off a better hand and calls.

Final hand was A2 off for Rick vs 55 for me all in before the flop on a board of K393K.

Cheers, Steve SeekTheGrail