Options

I am having serious issues with this......

PokerStars Game #59575296218: Tournament #376203340, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIV (250/500) - 2011/03/21 13:27:06 PT [2011/03/21 16:27:06 ET]
Table '376203340 147' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: dkno77 (22963 in chips)
Seat 2: forboon (12166 in chips)
Seat 3: helmi1968 (19993 in chips)
Seat 4: steviwonders (12825 in chips)
Seat 5: antupnow (12444 in chips)
Seat 6: TVISTER300 (8140 in chips)
Seat 7: Markd1ce (20119 in chips)
Seat 8: EPMAK1983 (23048 in chips)
Seat 9: CIlderEst (32336 in chips)
dkno77: posts the ante 60
forboon: posts the ante 60
helmi1968: posts the ante 60
steviwonders: posts the ante 60
antupnow: posts the ante 60
TVISTER300: posts the ante 60
Markd1ce: posts the ante 60
EPMAK1983: posts the ante 60
CIlderEst: posts the ante 60
TVISTER300: posts small blind 250
Markd1ce: posts big blind 500
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to forboon [Ad Ah]
EPMAK1983: folds
CIlderEst: folds
dkno77: folds
forboon: raises 625 to 1125
helmi1968: folds
steviwonders: calls 1125
antupnow: calls 1125
TVISTER300: calls 875
Markd1ce: folds
*** FLOP ***
TVISTER300: checks
forboon: bets 2500

spoiler:
steviwonders: raises 9140 to 11640 and is all-in
antupnow: calls 11259 and is all-in
TVISTER300: folds
forboon: calls 8481 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (381) returned to steviwonders
*** TURN ***
[3s]
*** RIVER *** [9s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
steviwonders: shows [6c 6d] (three of a kind, Sixes)
antupnow: shows [Tc Ts] (three of a kind, Tens)
antupnow collected 556 from side pot
forboon: shows [Ad Ah] (a pair of Aces)
antupnow collected 38483 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 39039 Main pot 38483. Side pot 556. | Rake 0
Board
Seat 1: dkno77 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: forboon showed [Ad Ah] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 3: helmi1968 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: steviwonders showed [6c 6d] and lost with three of a kind, Sixes
Seat 5: antupnow (button) showed [Tc Ts] and won (39039) with three of a kind, Tens
Seat 6: TVISTER300 (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 7: Markd1ce (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: EPMAK1983 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: CIlderEst folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comments

• Darb, you play much more volume than me, but wasn't that kind of a tiny preflop raise? Left you up against 3 callers, two of which hit the flop.

Just my thoughts and as always, I suck at the game.
  • 3600 flop/call. 2500 is far too small. Lame situation, to get 4-way to the flop, but enough people will stack dry top pair, or diamonds, or pair + gutted type stuff that it'll be fine w/ the odds you'll be getting. If there was any indication that you're likely to get flatted in a million spots pre I might 3x or at least 2.5. Maybe it's just this hand that it happened but if I can be a bit result oriented it seems like your raise might be a bit small for this table/these stakes. Pretty lame that they both showed up with sets but mehhh.
  • Darb, you play much more volume than me, but wasn't that kind of a tiny preflop raise? Left you up against 3 callers, two of which hit the flop.

Just my thoughts and as always, I suck at the game.
    its somewhat correct of you bill, but the reasoning is that once the antes are in play the game changes a little. many people are in shove or fold mode and will only shove or call my 2.5 bb rasie (or 2.25 even). so i can open lighter more often this way. and i don't want a multiway pot with aces here, but if i change my raise sizes when i have aces it gets to predictable....but ya you sort outlined one of the issues...
  • Vekked wrote: »
    3600 flop/call. 2500 is far too small. Lame situation, to get 4-way to the flop, but enough people will stack dry top pair, or diamonds, or pair + gutted type stuff that it'll be fine w/ the odds you'll be getting. If there was any indication that you're likely to get flatted in a million spots pre I might 3x or at least 2.5. Maybe it's just this hand that it happened but if I can be a bit result oriented it seems like your raise might be a bit small for this table/these stakes. Pretty lame that they both showed up with sets but mehhh.

this happened to me in a bigger 162 tourney or something, with a few less bbs especially in earlier position ill just shove. but im too stacked for that, i raised had to callers and stacked off on a wet board to his set of tens.

i realize a larger bet on the flop is more realistic but im kinda trying to induce hands that don't have a lock on me to call/fold to another jam or to jam as a semibluff or overpair...really i expect almost always we will be all in on the flop anyways....

but if were comfortable getting in all in here so be it...my only really other option is to raise more pre which i might start doing from mp....or set mine if there is multiple callers.....
  • Unfortuantely, given the stakes, you are going to get callers perflop with a 2.5x BB raise, and even 3xBB. Nothing you can do about it. Given that board (I have not read the results thus far) - There are so many draws that people are willing to gamble for, I doubt you could bet enough on the flop to push them off.

Just keep your preflop raises consistent, regardless of your hand.
  • your raise probably wasnt enough, after the flop you are almost for SURE not the favourite, give it up, i know its AA... play the next one!!
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Unfortuantely, given the stakes, you are going to get callers perflop with a 2.5x BB raise, and even 3xBB. Nothing you can do about it. Given that board (I have not read the results thus far) - There are so many draws that people are willing to gamble for, I doubt you could bet enough on the flop to push them off.

Just keep your preflop raises consistent, regardless of your hand.

The more you raise, the less callers you get on avg. At $3 level it's likely a mistake to do a mini-raise like this, but it's table dependent.
    The more you raise, the less callers you get on avg. At $3 level it's likely a mistake to do a mini-raise like this, but it's table dependent.
    ya and i forgot about the buy in here but like i said its happened a couple times in waay bigger buyins. i think i might start raising bigger by position....but in a situation like this i have feeling you have to set mine it with your aces...
  • darbday wrote: »
    ya and i forgot about the buy in here but like i said its happened a couple times in waay bigger buyins. i think i might start raising bigger by position....but in a situation like this i have feeling you have to set mine it with your aces...

Yah it happens at all buyins, depends on the table obv. But it'll happen more lower than higher. At higher buyins this sizing is optimal.
    Yah it happens at all buyins, depends on the table obv. But it'll happen more lower than higher. At higher buyins this sizing is optimal.
    true