Turbo strategy

So I am thinking of getting into turbo sit n go's mainly because I don't have much time these days to play, I have been observing full tilt ones and it seems quite a few play really tight and act slow like they don't know it's a turbo,lol.

But anyway I am looking at 9 man and 18 man's and wonder if their is any specific strategy?

Comments

• the strategy is no different, the preflop jam game needs to be laser sharp though.
  • Play it the same as the 180 turbos on stars. Tight then super agressive. Jam and steal once blinds increase.
  • What is the rake of the turbo SNGs at FTP & PokerStars?
  • Stars 180 man turbos:

2.00 + 0.20
    7.00 + 0.70
    11.00 + 1.00
  • After running up from the 1s to 3s to now 6s 18 man turbos on stars here are some things I have seen.

1 dollar tournies - very high variance guys don't fold and just pretty much jam most times pre flop early and you will get someone calling off light.

3 dollar tournies - during the week they are extremely tight and when you get down to 6-8 left the blinds become a shove fest and its important to understand push ranges and figure out who is playing multi tables etc.

On the weekends they are a little softer so if you can survive the week grind you will increase profits over the weekend.

6 dollar tournies - Very tight, and people understand push ranges so be prepared to weild your stack if you have one late in the game.

Overall my strategy has been to try to double up early and then play a lot of position, I find early on you can pick up blinds quick and easily jump from 1500-2000 chips then look to play a couple of hands and aim to get to the final table with avg 4K chips that should ride you to the money.

During the money bubble, steal steal steal, you'd be surprised a lot of big stacks wont play against you and if they do, you can easily get down to show down with minimal chip dumping.

I also find that players will not necessarily bluff the bigger stacks if they have similar stacks, you just go and exploit the smaller stacks, which seems to be the standard formula with the big stacks.

In instances of being the small stack you can get away with shoving 2-3-4 times in a row and easily jump up places either when the tables are 6 handed or at the final table (18mans)

If you have any specific questions let me know.

• If you have any specific questions let me know.

What are you doing playing micro tournies?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »

He's trying to make the money back from his prop bet losses at the Jays opener. ;)
  • GTA Poker wrote: »

I was doing a bankroll building challenge...took 50 bucks turned it into close to 500 in about 2 weeks...I was bored :)
    compuease wrote: »
    He's trying to make the money back from his prop bet losses at the Jays opener. ;)

Thats where my profits went from the bankroll building challenge lol
  • philliivey wrote: »
    it seems quite a few play really tight and act slow like they don't know it's a turbo,lol

right click on their name and "find player" when they are acting slow, probably playing many many tables.
  • Bingo as far as I am concerned. Every lucky donk and suk out artist plays these. You have the right Idea BUUUUUUUUUUUT. There is always someone willing to take the chance and usually hits the impossible to deflate that MONSTER HAND you caught. JMO.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Bingo as far as I am concerned. Every lucky donk and suk out artist plays these. You have the right Idea BUUUUUUUUUUUT. There is always someone willing to take the chance and usually hits the impossible to deflate that MONSTER HAND you caught. JMO.

you're not doing it right....
  • compuease wrote: »
    you're not doing it right....
    Yer getting meaner and meaner in your golden years there fellah.
    I managed to win a couple of these by mistake lol...
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Yer getting meaner and meaner in your golden years there fellah.
    I managed to win a couple of these by mistake lol...

You do realize that it is good if you are getting sucked out on right? It means you are the better player, keep doing it. :)
  • With these high variance tournaments remember volume is the key. I was loading up between 10-15 at a time and basically applying a simple push/fold strategy for the most part with in relation to stack sizes.

Here are some quick stats I pulled my tracker:

Hand / Times / Win %
    AA / 51 / 90.2
    AKs/ 30 / 80
    AKo/ 90 / 81.11
    AQs/ 39/ 64.1
    AQo/ 101/ 66.34
    AJs/ 34/ 64.71
    AJo/ 90/ 72.22
    KK/ 49/ 79.59
    KQs/ 34/ 50
    KQo/ 105/ 46.67
    KJs/ 24/ 33.33
    KJo/ 119/ 53.78
    QQ/ 54/ 77.78
    JJ/ 41/ 73.17
    TT/ 50/ 66

This number is from 250 tournaments.
  • With these high variance tournaments remember volume is the key. I was loading up between 10-15 at a time and basically applying a simple push/fold strategy for the most part with in relation to stack sizes.

Here are some quick stats I pulled my tracker:

Hand / Times / Win %
    AA / 51 / 90.2
    AKs/ 30 / 80
    AKo/ 90 / 81.11
    AQs/ 39/ 64.1
    AQo/ 101/ 66.34
    AJs/ 34/ 64.71
    AJo/ 90/ 72.22
    KK/ 49/ 79.59
    KQs/ 34/ 50
    KQo/ 105/ 46.67
    KJs/ 24/ 33.33
    KJo/ 119/ 53.78
    QQ/ 54/ 77.78
    JJ/ 41/ 73.17
    TT/ 50/ 66

This number is from 250 tournaments.

How did you win this so much? This is 50%?? You win or you lose.