Barbers . . .

Okay, so women can have their mani-pedis, and their "girls day" at the spa, but am I the only guy who likes to sit in a proper barber chair with hot towels wrapped around my face, until somebody wields a straight razor with benevolent intentions?

Complete relaxation, and total rejuvenation of the spirit, imo . . . like a new pair of sneaks when you were a kid.

Comments

• Haven't been for quite a long time. But it's as close as a man can get to the mani/pedi experience without being gay.
  • Wifey actually refers to it as my "Spa-day". Decided to try it out the morning of my wedding, been doing it a few times a year ever since. Trying out new places in town since my Italian barber retired last year. There is a young guy in the City Centre that does a good job. Only drawback is that he uses a straight razor with disposable blades.

*UGH*

One more place to try out in a few weeks before I decide on a new home.
  • I did some work for a barber in Georgetown last year. I'll admit I was due for a haircut. As I was about to leave he said "I can't have you leaving here looking like that" and gave me a free haircut complete with the straight razor.
  • I must have trust issues because every time I even think about having someone shave me with a straight razor I start getting a little jittery. There's just no way I could sit still long enough to go through with this.
  • I must have trust issues because every time I even think about having someone shave me with a straight razor I start getting a little jittery. There's just no way I could sit still long enough to go through with this.

+1.

What if thats the day Mr Barber decides to go postal?

Also I have personal issues with both people touching/having access to my wrists and neck, so Im definately out.
  • I don't care much about the face, but love the shampooing I get when I get my hair cut. It's like a bj for the scalp. I almost came once.

Dead serious, I usually tip the girl who ends up washing my hair more than the one who cuts it. It's so amazing.

BRB, gonna go wash my hair and finish up this post later.
  • I agree Milo, once you get over the feeling of being “whacked” it truly is an amazing experience. I usually go twice a year. It is so refreshing.