Hey All You K/W Cowboys!!!!!

One of you must have a friend of a friend that works at RIM and can tell me when the playbook will be released. I am waiting patiently but might have to go over to the dark side and buy an ipad already. I like to buy Canadian but I may not have any choice.

Comments

• Buy an Android tablet and then you can support your fellow forumers by using their apps.

/g2
  • Boy Genius says April 10th launch date.

If Boy Genius says it, I believe it.
  • Also it's been reported that PlayBook will support Android apps.
  • Boy Genius says April 10th launch date.

If Boy Genius says it, I believe it.

I can hold out another month; wouldn't be able to get my hands on an ipad before then anyways. Lets see what the wait time is like for the playbook.
  • Been seeing on or before April 15. So I'm guessing it's between April 10 and April 15.
  • Since when are we Cowboys?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Since when are we Cowboys?

the Pork and Beans Scene, from Blazing Saddles

MIlton Slim
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Since when are we Cowboys?

Giddy up!
  • looks like April 19th is the official release date. Best Buy is accepting orders starting today. Any advise on whether to go with the 32 or 64gig version?
  • anyone picking up a Playbook today? let me know what you think. Still undecided but now leaning towards the ipad.
  • Won one, will be getting it tomorrow so I'll let you know the initial impression

Some big downfalls already on release with no native email applications and such, but I understand RIM ensuring they get the same security on emails on this new OS as their phones before pushing it out. It feels as though (just from reviews) that initially the Playbook won't be up to par, but will have a relatively high ceiling on it's capabilities (similar to the PS3). Guess we will wait and see
  • I've already decided I am waiting until Playbook II comes. Apparently it will contain much more of what I want. A little birdie told me. :-X
  • went to the Bell store at lunch time; they had Playbooks in stock and according to the salesperson, they hadn't sold any yet today. Not a good sign.

They don't even have one on display for you to check out. Pretty hard to sell sight unseen.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    went to the Bell store at lunch time; they had Playbooks in stock and according to the salesperson, they hadn't sold any yet today. Not a good sign.

They don't even have one on display for you to check out. Pretty hard to sell sight unseen.

Was by the Best Buy at Eatonsd Centre, saw a few ppl walked out with a Playbook in hand...but the negative reviews have definitely hurt release day sales
  • Wes You lucksac lol
  • Posting this from my playbook. i'm pretty impressed by the device thus far. Screen looks amazing and haven't experienced any lag even though i have several applications open. i will have more time with it and post further impression.
  • Seen and used one last nite. The screen resolution is the best I've ever seen. There is so much depth to the picture it looks almost 3d.

Multi-tasks with ease, with no jittering when streaming video from the wifi.

I liked it.