mtt performance thread

This is a bit of a work in progress. I'm gonna be noting down relative chipstacks for every tournament I play, thus keeping track on how well I'm playing/running and the larger the sample size the more accurate the result. When I have time, today or tomorrow I'll try to create a template if anyone wants to do the same thing in this thread, otherwise I'm fine being the only one as it will eventually show how well or poorly I'm playing, especially in the early levels of mtts

Rules:

- In any mtt, a player starts with x amount of chips, usually 1500 or 3k

- An average player is expected to reach double that in 50% of the mtt's they play

- An average player is expected to reach 4 times that in 25% of the mtt's they play...and so on

- By noting down the BuyIn (Level) and the maximum stack you attain during the mtt rounded downwards to the closest 1,2,4,8,16 and so on times the original starting stack you can get an idea of how well you're doing at that particular level

- If you're sitting with big stacks frequently you'll be able to see black on white that you're doing fine even during times when you run bad and if results say you're performing below average you have that in black on white as well

Example:
- I play a bunch (8) 5 dollar mtt's with any fieldsize and 1500 starting stack. I bust 3 of them without ever reacubg 3k chips, I attain a maximum stack between 3 and 6k in 4 of them and in the last one my stack reaches 25k before I bust

- I put my results into a table something like this

5dollar mtt's
1x starting stack: 3
2x starting stack: 4
4x starting stack: 0
8x starting stack:1
16x starting stack: 0
total played: 8

I'll have to take some time to figure out how to analyse this since I got it wrong the first time but what you can always do is compare it to the norm for 8 tournaments which is
v our

Now I just need to find a nice way to analyze this, still a work in progress, thought I had it done yesterday but I definitely didn't

This became really long and really akward but I'll try to improve on it and put in my own results when I have time and hopefully things will clear up.

I'm gonna finish up my 5 dollar rebuy now and go to bed...goodnight ^^'

Edit: This is actually wrong when I think about it. I'm gonna look in to it some more

Comments

• I am all for analysis of my MTT game. I just don't know if results is the way to do it. Prerhaps we could post hands where our chip stack was affected +/- 50% in the early stages and +/- 25% in later stages.

That way, we are getting feed back on the hands that make or break our tournament at a given stage.