Go Habs Go!

I thought the pretenders should have their thread to themselves, so fans of God's team can come here for meaningful hockey talk.

Game 67 was the much anticipated rematch vs the big bad Bruins, the first meeting since the Beatdown in Beantown almost a month ago. The Habs didn't go out seeking retaliation but instead played one of their best all around games of the year. It would have been perfect except for the horrific hit layed on Max Pacioretty near the end of the second period. No doubt you'll see the highlight played over and over again, although even I'm not convinced there was need for a 5 minute major let alone the sure to be upcoming talk of suspension.

A few thoughts........

- I am shocked at the effect Sopel and Mara have had on solidifying the defense the past few weeks. They've taken quite a load off of Subban who still has to play with Hal Gill the Bleu Blanc et Rouge pilon.

- Milan Lucic wins the award for Bruin I'd most like to see wearing a Canadien jersey .....however he's also the leader in voting for the Bruin I'd most like to see picking his teeth out of the back of his throat after a goalmouth scrum.

- I don't think there's much doubt the recent success of the youngsters (Pacioretty, Subban, Desharnais, Eller) has a lot to do with Jacques Martin finally showing some confidence in them.

- For as much as I've heard from some people about how bad Carey Price was last year, is there any doubt that they kept the right guy?

- So Tim Thomas keeps getting his name thrown out there for MVP. Where was he tonight? On the bench while his team lost a 4 point game and let the Habs get to within 3 points of the division lead.....and second place in the conference. Hmmmm.

- Watch for Pouliot to slide into Pacioretty's spot alongside Gomez and Gionta. Hopefully for not too long.

Next up @ St. Louis on Thursday.

Comments

• Oh yeah.

4-1 in the season series with Boston. Oh I wish these small Habs could play with the big boys. :rolleyes:
  • Love it all! Only 2 weeks until the final regular season Habs/Bruins game, hopefully they can ain a bit more ground by then!
  • Big game tonight against the Sabres while the Bruins take on the recently cooled off Devils. Thursday night the head to head match-up with the B's which will be huge in determining the division winner.

On another note, recently when watching Don Cherry and his weekly PK Subban rant (which becomes more ludicrous every week) I find myself checking the guide to make sure I didn't accidentally switch to the Onion Sportsdome.
  • Big game tonight against the Sabres while the Bruins take on the recently cooled off Devils. Thursday night the head to head match-up with the B's which will be huge in determining the division winner.

On another note, recently when watching Don Cherry and his weekly PK Subban rant (which becomes more ludicrous every week) I find myself checking the guide to make sure I didn't accidentally switch to the Onion Sportsdome.

i thinkk we're all hoping the habs win tonight.
  • tl. dr. But I love the title. :)
  • Just for you MOLE..

How many Habs Fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

5 1 to change the bulb and 4 to talk about how great the old one was.....:wink2:
  • Habs look like they are ready for the play offs.
    Booking tee times now. lol