Go Leafs Go

minor setback this weekend but i still have faith in my buds.....Go get em boys in blue

Comments

• leafs won't make the playoffs, you heard it here first
  • leafs won't make the playoffs, you heard it here first

There is ZERO chance that this is the first I've heard this.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »

Mark

Nor will it be the last ... for many years ....
  • Saw a guy...

He was wearing a jacket that had the leafs emblem on the front, and on the back had the stanley cup, and all the years the leaf won it circling it...

I thought this man was brilliant!

There's a jacket that will be correct for years and years to come!

Mark
  • lol mark

ur funny.

Mark

U know that is in reference to all those cult members who see the leafs make a little run and then everyone says "ther 4 points back" or "there 5 points out" and keep drinking the coolaide believing the Leafs actually care about winnning.
  • U know that is in reference to all those cult members who see the leafs make a little run and then everyone says "ther 4 points back" or "there 5 points out" and keep drinking the coolaide believing the Leafs actually care about winnning.

... yes?

Mark
  • Not a chance....well slim chance they make the playoffs, but i highly doubt it.
  • Just checking the numbers the leafs have to go 10-3-3 to give themselves a 41% chance of making the playoffs....
  • Just gotta keep kicking that old chained up dog eh.

I have to give credit to all of the Flames, Bruins and Habs Fans on this forum.
    They all pretty much think that they are going to be celebrating in June.
    This discussion will continue until the Leafs are completely eliminated.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Just gotta keep kicking that old chained up dog eh.

I have to give credit to all of the Flames, Bruins and Habs Fans on this forum.
    They all pretty much think that they are going to be celebrating in June.
    This discussion will continue until the Leafs are completely eliminated.

Nah, we just know our teams aren't going to be golfing mid-April... I'm actually hoping for the Leafs to get close enough to have a playoff shot going into their last game of the season, only to lose to the Habs.
  • Holy christ Chara just destroyed Pacioretti.

Ive never seen anything like that.

He may be dead.
  • Chara's a monster. I hope you don't actually mean "dead" in it's literal term Wetts. I guess I'll be watching highlights tonight.
  • It was sick to watch but not dirty on Chara's part imo. More a product of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • taking more dilusional pills.....the leafs will win the cup this year...see ya downtown when it is gettin trashed
  • Chara's hit was bad...

Dudee didn't even have the puck! Fuck, you hear people talk about the respect the players should have to not run them from behind, meanwhile, this is probably 10x worse. Wouldn't be surprised if the kid's career is in jeopardy.

Mark
  • Amazing how many trolls a thread titled "go leafs go" brings out, simply amazing.
  • Amazing how many trolls a thread titled "go leafs go" brings out, simply amazing.

Excuse me sir, I'll have you know I troll many many posts TYVM! :)

Mark
    Excuse me sir, I'll have you know I troll many many posts TYVM! :)

Mark

I have to admit, Mark has upped his game since moving out from under those bridges . . .^-^
  • I watched the hit (Chara/Pacioretti) From last nights game.

Broken Neck yes for sure. I am surprised he did not DIE right there.
    Severe Concussion. Yep, Pacioretti's career may be finished.

NHL in all of its wisdom deemed the hit to be clean and the Penalty handed to Chara for interference was the right call. DUH :o
    Chara did not lift his feet off the ice and made no attempt to go after the players Head.
    Another story has popped up here though. Chara has not been in any trouble for the 13 seasons he has played. 6'9 255 lbs? Pacioretti is 6'2 215 lbs.
    Back at the first meeting between Bos/Mtl the Habs won in overtime.
    Pacioretti I believe scored the winner in overtime and proceeded to give Chara a bit of a 2 hander after the goal was scored. Chara went after him and a scuffle ensued in the corner. Both players have had words and such over the next 4 games going into last nights match.

As I stated before , I watched this hit (replay) several times.

1. The glass between the benches ; Every player knows it is there. both were skating at a high rate of speed.
    It appears, I don't know if it is just me or if anyone else noticed this, Instead of shoving Pacioretti directly into the boards it looks like Chara pushed him forward towards the stansion.

:bs: call NHL. Once again you have dropped the ball.
    Chara knew what he was doing and unless he is an ABSOLUTE RETARD can't say that he didn't. But we all know He Will!
    As much as I hate the Habs this was sickening and I feel for the Pacioretti his family and team mates.
    How long before someone DIES ?
    I watched the hit (Chara/Pacioretti) From last nights game.

Broken Neck yes for sure. I am surprised he did not DIE right there.
    Severe Concussion. Yep, Pacioretti's career may be finished.

NHL in all of its wisdom deemed the hit to be clean and the Penalty handed to Chara for interference was the right call. DUH :o
    Chara did not lift his feet off the ice and made no attempt to go after the players Head.
    Another story has popped up here though. Chara has not been in any trouble for the 13 seasons he has played. 6'9 255 lbs? Pacioretti is 6'2 215 lbs.
    Back at the first meeting between Bos/Mtl the Habs won in overtime.
    Pacioretti I believe scored the winner in overtime and proceeded to give Chara a bit of a 2 hander after the goal was scored. Chara went after him and a scuffle ensued in the corner. Both players have had words and such over the next 4 games going into last nights match.

As I stated before , I watched this hit (replay) several times.

1. The glass between the benches ; Every player knows it is there. both were skating at a high rate of speed.
    It appears, I don't know if it is just me or if anyone else noticed this, Instead of shoving Pacioretti directly into the boards it looks like Chara pushed him forward towards the stansion.

:bs: call NHL. Once again you have dropped the ball.
    Chara knew what he was doing and unless he is an ABSOLUTE RETARD can't say that he didn't. But we all know He Will!
    As much as I hate the Habs this was sickening and I feel for the Pacioretti his family and team mates.
    How long before someone DIES ?

We're in agreement here

Every player in the NHL knows that's a dangerous area of the rink, and Zdeno did NOTHING to give the kid a way out... railroaded him right into the turnbuckle there.

Hope Chara feels like shit for ruining this kid's life.

Mark
  • From everything I have read about the Big Zed, he probably does . . .

None of you have ever done something, looked at the unintended results, and gone, "oh shit . . ."
    If you say no, go read Jack Tatum's book.
  • Having only watched the hit once... Chara in general is not a dirty player.

My initial questions were where was the puck at the time of the hit?

Was this a continuation of/finishing a check?

Again, I only watched the footage once.
  • Having only watched the hit once... Chara in general is not a dirty player.

My initial questions were where was the puck at the time of the hit?

Was this a continuation of/finishing a check?

Again, I only watched the footage once.

I think the puck was on that side of the rink on it's way into the Bruins end.
    Both players were going after the puck.
    Chara should have never hit the Guy in the first place. Hence the interference call.
    Rules regarding hitting were altered after Super Mario whined and bi@tched the first time he retired. He called the NHL ( The game that made him rich) a "GARAGE LEAGUE"
    They took out the clutch and grab style which the slower players used to tilt the faster players. Mario came back.
    You could take a man out on his way to the puck, now you can't it is interference. NHL wanted to generate more scoring and speed up the game.

Can't wait for this Sat nights version of Coaches Corner. Dying to see what Grapes has to say.

It pretty much was an illegal hit that should not have happened.
  • Air Canada who is one of the NHL's biggest sponsors has told the league if they do not do something about the head shot problems they will pull out of sponsoring. This could cost the league mucho diniero's .

Ahhh Gary Bettman. Are you listening.

GB No I am trying to find chumps with more money than brains to buy all of the money losing teams I have put in cities that have no business having a pro hockey team...:-[
    MORON !
  • i dont think the hit was "dirty" i think it was badluck where the hit happened... and it wasent even a "hit" it was more of a defencemen slowing a player down and not giving them a direct line to the puck. this type of play happens countless times a game. Watch a forward chip the puck past the defencemen and try and get by them. sure chara deserved the interference call but in no way was there any intent to injure the habs player.

I heard somewhere this morning that the bell centre is the only rink that has this turnbuckle that close to the boards. as a player who plays in 30 different rinks a year, do you really think chara knew the turnbuckle was there?? i doubt it.

every player knows where they are on the ice. i realize that, but when your in the heat of the game and the last thing you want is your coach to chew you out cause you let that forward slip by un-touched.. your gonna make contact..

The whole reason you rub someone out when they are trying to get by you is to let them know, your not getting by me easily, if you want to try that play your gonna get hit.. especially when your zdeno chara whos 7 foot something and isnt the fastest player around..

if this hit happens 10 ft past the buckle, and chara tosses him into the bench, the crowd cheers, sure he would get an intereference call.. but it would also make the tsn highlights..

i just chalk it up to bad luck..

on another note i was watching a couple ron hextall vids on youtube.. could you image how many games he would have been suspended if he played in the new nhl??? unreal!!
  • i dont think the hit was "dirty" i think it was badluck where the hit happened... and it wasent even a "hit" it was more of a defencemen slowing a player down and not giving them a direct line to the puck. this type of play happens countless times a game. Watch a forward chip the puck past the defencemen and try and get by them. sure chara deserved the interference call but in no way was there any intent to injure the habs player.

I heard somewhere this morning that the bell centre is the only rink that has this turnbuckle that close to the boards. as a player who plays in 30 different rinks a year, do you really think chara knew the turnbuckle was there?? i doubt it.

every player knows where they are on the ice. i realize that, but when your in the heat of the game and the last thing you want is your coach to chew you out cause you let that forward slip by un-touched.. your gonna make contact..

The whole reason you rub someone out when they are trying to get by you is to let them know, your not getting by me easily, if you want to try that play your gonna get hit.. especially when your zdeno chara whos 7 foot something and isnt the fastest player around..

if this hit happens 10 ft past the buckle, and chara tosses him into the bench, the crowd cheers, sure he would get an intereference call.. but it would also make the tsn highlights..

i just chalk it up to bad luck..

on another note i was watching a couple ron hextall vids on youtube.. could you image how many games he would have been suspended if he played in the new nhl??? unreal!!
    On the boards between each bench in every NHL arena has the same 2 or 3 pieces of glass with the same padding.
    Watch the replay very closely. You will see he shoved him towards that glass. Plain and simple.
    Trust me every player knows all of the dangerous spots on the ice especially around the boards in every arena.
    Trust me every player knows all of the dangerous spots on the ice especially around the boards in every arena.

i still doubt that.

im sure boyce knew that the camera hole was there?

Leafs' Darryl Boyce has most famous (and disgusting) nose in hockey - Puck Daddy - NHLBlog - Yahoo! Sports

• I think there was a hot chick sitting there and he got a little excited.