HVEES 2011 PlayOff Hockey Pool

Time To Put UP or S-T-F-U.
Comp ? May I please get a sticky for this thread? Thanks very Much.

16 Runners for this event 18 Max.
20 BUCKS! Payout on 18 40-30-20-10 (16) 50-30-20
Prizes will be awarded within 24 Hrs of the end of the final game of the 2011 playoffs. SHIPPED BACK ON STARS.
Or to those of you who don't understand. THE DAY AFTER THE STANLEY CUP HAS BEEN WON.

Simple. Choose 1 Goalie
4 Defencemen
6 Forwards.
$20 transfer on Stars to HVEEPOKER gets you in
Rosters must be PM"ed to me 24 Hrs prior to the start of game 1 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Rosters will be posted on this thread along with the standings.
Standings will be updated on a regular basis and all stats will be
taken from NHL.com

Pts. Goalies. Win 2pts OTL 1pt loss 0 pts
Goal 20 pts Assist 5 pts S/O 10 pts

Pts Defence and Forwards
Goals 1 pt Ass 1 pt PPG 3 pts PPA 2 pts
SHG 4pts SHA 3 pts OTG 5 Pts OTA 4 pts

No Trades - Any rosters that are : Exactly the same or within 2 players , poolsters will be allowed to make changes.
Good Luck :)

1. HVEE.

Comments

• Scoring is too overdone for my liking. Goals = 1 assists = 1 is the way to do it. NHL scoring is already too unpredictable there's no reason for overtime goals to be worth 5 times regulation goals.

Too lotteryish for me.
  • NHL scoring is already too unpredictable there's no reason for overtime goals to be worth 5 times regulation goals.

Lol I didnt even read the fineprint - This is a horrible setup.

Points=1 and thats it and I may be in.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    This is a horrible setup.

I was trying to be more diplomatic....would hate to offend anyone. :-[ :-X ;) :mad: :bs:
  • Scoring is too overdone for my liking. Goals = 1 assists = 1 is the way to do it. NHL scoring is already too unpredictable there's no reason for overtime goals to be worth 5 times regulation goals.

Too lotteryish for me.

i agree.

id take timmy thomas for the goaltenders but the rest is to much luck sacking for me :(
  • I have run this style for the last 10 yrs out of 26. We used to have a draft the night before. 12 poolsters. No one has ever complained and liked the structure.
    It also adds 4 to 6 extra rosters.
    Regular pool is full with the same 16 players. It's done this way to make you think about your picks.

Winner usually around 330 points by the time all is said and done.
    I am meticulous with keeping track of the points.
    Usually 20 points between 1st and 3rd . Goaltender is the most important player to pick. Thats all of the advice I will give.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    I have run this style for the last 10 yrs out of 26. We used to have a draft the night before. 12 poolsters. No one has ever complained and liked the structure.
    It also adds 4 to 6 extra rosters.
    Regular pool is full with the same 16 players. It's done this way to make you think about your picks.

Winner usually around 330 points by the time all is said and done.
    I am meticulous with keeping track of the points.
    Usually 20 points between 1st and 3rd . Goaltender is the most important player to pick. Thats all of the advice I will give.

Sorry. Im out then.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Sorry. Im out then.

+1

I still get a chuckle that this is coming from Mr. I Hate Variance.