Norm MacDonald

I just happend to catch an episode of High Stakes Poker last night on GSN. I'm not sure if it was a new episode but Norm MacDonald is now the new commentator. Has anyone else experienced this ? Norm MacDonald was in short, the worst poker commentator I have ever heard in my life. It caused me to watch HSP on mute.

Wow who made this decision.

Comments

• I just happend to catch an episode of High Stakes Poker last night on GSN. I'm not sure if it was a new episode but Norm MacDonald is now the new commentator. Has anyone else experienced this ? Norm MacDonald was in short, the worst poker commentator I have ever heard in my life. It caused me to watch HSP on mute.

Wow who made this decision.

Glad someone made this thread.

I didnt mute it, but I watched in pain. When they were talking about cancer, he joked about how Doyle beat cancer back when it "meant something". As someone who has had both parents with cancer, I found that extremely offensive.

Also, the fact that no FT guys are playing this season makes it a big turn off.

They went from having the best poker cash game on TV, to the worst. Its a real piss off.
  • There was quite a thread about this a little while ago. Yep, best example of a show going from best in a category to worst. I really can't even watch it now.
  • Norm is a great comedian. Unfortunately, he's not a great host. Even if Gabe was still there the show is still ruined since Pokerstars took control. I really hope this is the end.