Anyone order a 2001fp monitor from Dell?

Hi,

I tried ordering two 2001fp monitors from Dell.com, but they won't ship to Canada. And dell.ca is significantly more expensive.

Anyone out there using a monitor with 1600x1200 resolution? I'd prefer an LCD. where did you get it? how much?

Comments

• Bestbuy.ca has the best prices in my experience
  • If you look around with local computer shops you can usually find off-lease 21" flat CRT monitors. No word of a lie Nortel had thousands of them and they're all over the market off lease.

I bought two a few years back for between $200 and $250 each. They're still on the market and go for about the same price.
  • Also try Ecost.com. Since the canadian dollar is so strong right now order out of the States can be very cost effective, and Ecost use Borderfree shipping which means you know exactly the final price you pay (includes all Taxs and customs costs). Plus Ecost can be very cheap (check out their Bargin area and Hot Countdown sales). I bought my Romba (yes I do own a robotic vacumn Cleaner :) ) through them for $100 less (including shipping) then I could have bought it here in Canada.
  • If you want something good and cheap and don't mind a little older display.

www.factorydirect.ca

Rob M.
  • You can also try www.canadacomputers.com they have a few locations around the GTA. I find their prices to be comparable to factorydirect.
  • isnt there dell.ca too? My friend had the same problem and then ordered from the canadian dell site and everything seemed to work okay...
  • the problem is that dell.com has the monitor for $570 w/ shipping (but no tax, it'd depend on the state you live in)

dell.ca has the monitor for $950 w/shipping and tax.

Big difference even after you factor exchange rate and even if you figured 15% tax.