Options

So I got a prop bet going for the month of march...

With school being less crazy for this month, I am really going to put my time in a pokerstars. I have a prop bet with an aquaintance to get gold star on stars faster then him.

what do you guys think is the quickest way?

I have no problem 4-6 tabling... and I would probably play mostly 1/2 stud H/L

Would sng's be faster?? bigger buy in MTT's???

What are your thoughts please :)

Comments

• My thoughts are stud H/L is crazy....
    I think you get more points in cash games, and I think 7 Card stud is the best way since it's limit which means its usually faster, and 5 rounds of betting which makes it juicy. GL.
  • Why do you think H/L is crazy?

H/L means my chances of geting pots or chopped pots = more fpp's ten fold.

right?
  • yeah i just can't figure out Stud hi to save my life. I'm Not bad at razz though.
  • progress report #1)

long ass first session, im wiped.. played about 2000 hands of 2 tabling 2/4 and 3/6 (till my table collapsed) stud H/L

103 VPP's earned.. its going to take a shit load of work and dedication for me to get gold star in a month...

bank roll management has gone pretty much out the window, im lucky to end the day up $51.80 after being down a bunch.
  • AIPF wrote: »
    progress report #1)

long ass first session, im wiped.. played about 2000 hands of 2 tabling 2/4 and 3/6 (till my table collapsed) stud H/L

103 VPP's earned.. its going to take a shit load of work and dedication for me to get gold star in a month...

bank roll management has gone pretty much out the window, im lucky to end the day up $51.80 after being down a bunch.

At this rate you might be busto'd before you have a chance to even reach gold star
  • westside8 wrote: »
    At this rate you might be busto'd before you have a chance to even reach gold star

I agree westside8, I was down a bunch, then upped the blinds to try and recoup my losses back... risky and dumb strategy I know, but I defied odds and ended the day in the black. I fully expect to play 8-10 hours tomorrow.

Id really like to get past my 100 VPP a day plan just so I can get a day off here and there, but the quicker i get it, the better, as this is what the prop was based on. We will see. Tomorrow, im thinking of 4 tabling 2/4 limit hold em and see how that goes (pace wise)

Also, even if i DO have to reload, the amount of the prop will cover the losses.. another incentive is that the loser pays winners share into the SM first week of april, but gets 25% of the action, just as a little cherry on top.

Ill share my progress if people give a **** , but ill probably just end up doing weekly progress
    Tomorrow, im thinking of 4 tabling 2/4 limit hold em and see how that goes (pace wise)

Trainwrecked. You know 2/4 limit is full of regs right? Unless you mean 0.02/0.04, then go ahead.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Trainwrecked. You know 2/4 limit is full of regs right? Unless you mean 0.02/0.04, then go ahead.

lol, listen to the man AIPF, he knows what he speaks... If you hope to recoup your losses from the prop bet by playing 2/4 online, the prop bet must be huge... And if your friend is the loser of the prop bet that mean he loses more than you right? Will he then have money to pay you?
    This may not end well, but we would love to follow you on your progress day by day. Interesting. If (when) you go busto please update honestly. That never seems to happen.
  • 1/2 - 3/6 limit 6 max is sooo soft and will be your quickest road to gold star.

As long as you are decent at limit, that is. If not sit with me, and I will teach you :P
  • BrianS wrote: »
    1/2 - 3/6 limit 6 max is sooo soft and will be your quickest road to gold star.

As long as you are decent at limit, that is. If not sit with me, and I will teach you :P

post graph plz.
  • I think you can get gold star in about a week playing 15 30 Stud8...gl
  • lol, 2/4 limit hold em is retard nation.

Ace high held for me a couple times, low pair did the trick... alot of regs maybe, but alot of fish as well.

gonna bump up to 5/10 and 10/20 stud8 later.. ill post stats then if anyone is interested in my progress.

VPP count is 190.11 with a solid 4 hour session to go tonight.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I think you can get gold star in about a week playing 15 30 Stud8...gl

<3
  • Well, I just dont even know what to say.. starting BR was a K... was up 50 bucks last night... just finished an stud8 5/10 and 10/20 session and im down 580ish in total

VPPs are at 253.98 but godamn, thats alot of cake.

strict BR management is gonna happen now, what a bad downswing.

pretty ticked, ill post a couple retarded hands of guys chasing down cards all the way to 7th and being complete morons when I wake up tomorrow, I dont even wanna look at my computer anymore.

In before busto... Are you sure it's just a downswing.. or...

So if you are going to stick to good BR management are you moving down to .01/.02? or at least .10/.20 with your $400. BR.
    Well, I just dont even know what to say.. starting BR was a K... was up 50 bucks last night... just finished an stud8 5/10 and 10/20 session and im down 580ish in total

pretty ticked, ill post a couple retarded hands of guys chasing down cards all the way to 7th and being complete morons when I wake up tomorrow, I dont even wanna look at my computer anymore.

5/10 stud8 min broll is 3k, 10/20 is 6k...in b4 goldstar

post stud8 hands please
    Well, I just dont even know what to say.. starting BR was a K... was up 50 bucks last night... just finished an stud8 5/10 and 10/20 session and im down 580ish in total

Down less than 30 big bets isn't a downswing...

lol... correct, that's like losing a $60. pot at 1/2...

it is with my BR, and reloading my blinds a couple times......

No hands or updates?

Perhaps some "warm up drills" you could recommend prior to the grind?
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    No hands or updates?

^
    lolz
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    No hands or updates?

I think there's lots of crying involved
  • havent played for a couple days, I have the flu and im staying at moms house. hopefully i feel better for tomorrow.