Kitchener NL Hold'em March 12th 1:30PM

2»

Comments

• oh well, guess that means another person makes it in. Tom can't come.
    thx
  • Hey Dave. You can give Ian's seat away also, he won't be able to make it.

Sean
  • sigh, really sorry dave...my seat is up for grabs too. im out
  • Sorry Dave can't make it anyways now, take me off the wait please :(
  • Directions sent to those in need. If anyone else does not know how to get here, let me know and I will send them to you.

Thank you to all the early cancellers. It makes things much easier for everyone.

Unless something unusual happens, there will still be a few more cancellations and no shows. I am pretty confident everybody on the wait list will get in eventually. As always, I will keep the players list up to date.

See you all on Saturday.
  • take yousef off waiting list!

see ya saturday!
  • Not a problem. Everybody moving up waiting list very quickly.
  • Sorry Dave, I have to bow out of this one. Usually my wife works on Saturdays but has this one off.
  • Hey Dave, we've got a chance to see a house at 1 today. I am still definitely coming but I will definitely be late (maybe a half an hour). If there is someone there that would agree to pay my $60 in advance of the 1:25 deadline I would be greatly indebted......I need all the 1000's chips I can get!
  • Hey Dave, we've got a chance to see a house at 1 today. I am still definitely coming but I will definitely be late (maybe a half an hour). If there is someone there that would agree to pay my $60 in advance of the 1:25 deadline I would be greatly indebted......I need all the 1000's chips I can get!

I gotcha covered.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I gotcha covered.

JohnnieH is the man.
  • Dave,

There is a slight chance I will be late today. Please blind me in.
  • Thanks for another great day of poker Dave... Hopefully you won that heads up, you deserve it... Personally I did well at the cash game, others did better but I'm ok with almost quadrupling...
  • Thanks Dave. Great tournament as usual. Can't wait for the next one.
  • sstar wrote: »
    Thanks Dave. Great tournament as usual. Can't wait for the next one.

Ditto.
  • We had another first time winner at HPT #29. Unfortunately, it wasn't me. David T., in only his second start, beat the host heads up, for the victory. David bubbled in his first start here and used his aggresive style to gain the chip lead at the final table and hold on to it for his win. Steve Schiebel finished third in his inaugural event and sstar had another top five finish, when he bowed out in fourth. David had a 3-1 chip advantage over me going into the final hand. All the chips went in post flop, my AT vs. his T7 on a 10 high flop. He also had a gutshot, so he needed an 8 or a 7 and hit the 8 on the river.
    My day turned around, when woog30 and I, got it all in preflop with JJ vs JJ. Luckily I hit a flush on the river to eliminate him and carried that momentum for the rest of the day.
    I tried to do the same thing against David when we were 3 handed. We ended up with a 400,000 chip pot preflop, with his AsKs vs. my AcKc. A club on the flop and turn gave me hope, but I somehow missed my flush on the river and had to settle for the chopped pot.

We had two Forumers playing here for the first time. Tristar1011, who had just joined the Forum, came off the waiting list to finish 22nd. Also, after threatening to show up several times, Zithal finally came out to play some poker. Unfortunately he didn't have the result he was looking for and finished a disappointing 40th.

Starting with my next tournament, the waiting list players rule is going to change. Instead of only getting to enter the tournament in only the first four blind levels, you will be able to come in for as long as it takes to get through eveyone on the list,. Wait list players will begin with a full starting stack. If they pay their entry fee before 1:25, they will also receive the extra 1000 chip. So now if you show up, you will get to play for sure.

I am not sure who the big winner was in the cash game, Kal, at one time was up a lot, but waltsfriend ended up with most of those chips. I am switching the buy in for the cash game from $50 to $60 for ease of payment

Thanks again to all for making these tournaments so much fun and so easy to run.

I have a few items left here. Sean just called and claimed the ipod. That leaves a Coleman Oscar cooler containing a bag of chips, a pepsi and a Mr Big bar. I will probably have to eat the contents today before they go bad.:) Also, there is a black zippered sweater here. Unfortunately it is too small for me, so the owner can pick it up without worrying about me wearing it. PM me and we can arrange a pick up time or come back to the next tournament and get it then.

The next tournament will be April 16th at 1:30. This will be the last early start, as we will switch to 3:30, starting in May.
  • Unofficial Results

44. happyhammer6
    43. asxn557
    42. The Coordinator
    41. Little_Brother
    40. Zithal
    39. SeekTheGrail
    38. woog30
    37. BigBob
    36. Harry S.
    35. damanj16
    34. Lori
    33. David F.
    32. Kal
    31. Marty
    30. Dona
    29. Nayr_Eh
    28. Eddie C.
    27. proffisher
    26. compuease
    25. Flybry
    24. Eduordo
    23. Steve D.
    22. Tristar1011
    21. DRJOHNNYNITRO
    20. Bill B.
    19. Carsey
    18. Cvette
    17. waltsfriend
    16. Paul D.
    15. r3m1x
    14. Andy C.
    13. Kaye
    12. Mac
    11. Justin K.
    10. John T.
    9. Pete D.
    8. Hellmuth's Mole
    7. The Aux ($100)
    6. flash05 ($160)
    5. JohnnieH ($210)
    4. sstar ($290)
    3. Steve S. ($400)
    2. Buzzzardd ($560)
    1. David T. ($920)
  • Congrats Dave on another great day of poker. Seemed that JT ruled the day as I saw it crush AK twice, including against me. I remembered to take my coffee cup this time. :) Sorry Sandy for robbing you with my pocket 2's. See you guys at the Westside!

Tom