The latest step.

After watching Yoda play the turbos, and discussing them a bit, I decided that my dislike for them was unfounded really, as I had only tried them a few times, and various ones at that.

This month I decided to give them a real shot so I started playing the $2.20 180 man turbos.

My first game was Feb 14. Since the first game I have played:

59 games at a buy in of $129.80
Cashed in 12 games for $276.28

Profit of $146.48

Here's hoping March will be even better :)

~Shar

Comments

• great playing!
  • are you going to move up in buy-ins?
  • Online Poker Talk huh..... ;P
  • AIPF wrote: »
    are you going to move up in buy-ins?

Not in any rush to do so. This jedi has much to learn yet.
    darbday wrote: »
    Online Poker Talk huh..... ;P

Where is it you think this should be Master? ;)
  • Nice start Shar. Looking forward to hearing of your adventures in March.
  • hey

gratz on the nice start... with enough volume you can build a roll pretty quickly with the 2/180s.

I play the 2/3r/7/12 180s, so if you want to chat or anything let me know as the swings in these can be brutal... currently trying to get out of a downswing and 100 or 200 buyin downers are common.

Good luck!
  • Holy crap Shar! You're cashing in 20% of these things? Nicely done.

I've been playing a few of the 180's lately, but haven't tried the turbos. Maybe I should give them a shot. I've played them in the past but found I only liked playing 6 man turbo sng's. Seemed to like them as I ended up playing over a 1000 of them.
  • shar funny you mention this. I had a brutal January/early Feb playing cash games, so I jumped back into the $2 180s too! Dont have my laptop on me to check exacts, but I think I have played ~80 games and Im up about $250ish? LOL cue the downer tonight/tomorrow!

I played them exclusively for a few months last year and did okay (Even hit silverstar from just $2 180s). Averaged about $1 profit per game and put in like ~150-200 games per week, maybe more. And yes, the swings are sick! Hence why I haven't mixed in any 3r, 7, 12s yet....
  • Shar what trackign software you use? any good
  • Shar's computer is powered by hamsters so I'm not sure it could handle a HUD :)
  • haha. Curious how she got that exact number is all....I really need to start tracking, haven't had HUD or stats ever.
  • Shar doesn't need a HUD... She takes notes... On real paper.... About everything.... All the time. She told me so.
  • Thanks everyone for all your posts and votes of confidence. This new path should prove quite interesting to say the least.
    Shar doesn't need a HUD... She takes notes... On real paper.... About everything.... All the time. She told me so.

True Story
    syphilaids wrote: »
    Shar what trackign software you use? any good

None, ever. A little birdie told me ;)
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Shar's computer is powered by hamsters so I'm not sure it could handle a HUD :)

You are such a smarty pants...this may be my next step somewhere down the road.....gonna hafta get something more than hamster power ;)

Oh yeah....and last night I couldnt' get a hand to hold to save my life...and so begins March. I like to get those days outta the way early lol!