Pick my Team . . .

So, after decades of futility, I have decided that I can no longer cheer for my "hometown" team, the Toronto Maple Leafs. I just cannot do it anymore. Thus, commencing with the start of this season's Stanley Cup playoffs, I am no longer going to root for them. But . . . and here is where my Forum friends (and anybody else, too) can help.

WHO SHOULD MILO CHEER FOR NOW ?!?

A few guidelines:

As much as I respect the Habs, I could not in good conscience cheer for Montreal. I just couldn't. So, they are out of the running.

I love my country, and would therefore weigh Canadian clubs differently than American ones, but would not immediately dismiss a persuasive argument.

I am partial to mambers of the Original Six.

I dislike people who cheer for the front-runners simply because they are front-runners. I mean, it's easy to cheer for Manchester United, right? But being a Newcastle or Coventry fan takes commitment.

So, there you have it folks. Pick my new team for me, and do it before the trade deadline. Have at it . . .

Comments

• Winnipeg Jets or the Quebec Nordiques.
  • Being a fan of a team should not be forced upon or requested, you should just have one.

Not being a leafs fan is great, and your choice, but to request resume's on other teams is odd lol.

What players do you like? who is your favorite player? What teams style do you like?

Personally im a bruin fan because I was raised that way. My poppy and daddy were (are) huge bruin fans since the beginning. Its tradition.

My other favorite teams are Atlanta (i know someone who plays for them) and Buffalo (mostly because I go to more sabres games then any other team)
  • Oh at first I thought you were changing 'teams'.

Charlestown Chiefs

Chiefs%20Hockey%20Jersey%20Hanson.jpg

or this team.

48b2de711b84a3178d0d7943d62ab0b8dcce61e1.jpg
  • Milo wrote: »

As much as I respect the Habs, I could not in good conscience cheer for Montreal. I just couldn't. So, they are out of the running.

PHEW!!

fwiw I like Moose's second choice
  • AIPF wrote: »
    Being a fan of a team should not be forced upon or requested, you should just have one.

Not being a leafs fan is great, and your choice, but to request resume's on other teams is odd lol.

What players do you like? who is your favorite player? What teams style do you like?

Personally im a bruin fan because I was raised that way. My poppy and daddy were (are) huge bruin fans since the beginning. Its tradition.

My other favorite teams are Atlanta (i know someone who plays for them) and Buffalo (mostly because I go to more sabres games then any other team)

Agreed . . . which is how the whole Leafs debacle began. Now, it is time for a fresh start. So . . . persuade me.

And here comes the baseless threat: worst case scenario, I WILL become a HAbs fan, just to wallow in how upset it will make the Mole . . . :D
  • Milo wrote: »
    And here comes the baseless threat: worst case scenario, I WILL become a HAbs fan, just to wallow in how upset it will make the Mole . . . :D

I'm not worried in the least. I believe people have an innate sense of right and wrong. You clearly missed.