New game in Etobicoke - Grand opening March 03

Hey Guys,

We'll be hosting a home game on Thurs -Sunday in Etobicoke, starting March 03.

Opening weekend promotions:

We're giving away an Apple iPad, an iPod Touch (4th generation) and cash prizes. You get 1 ticket for each hour of cash game play, and we'll do the drawing on Sunday evening. You don't need to be at the drawing to win, as we'll call you and let you know if you can't make it.

We're located a 3 min walk from either Kipling or Islington subway stations, in a brand new high end condo. It's about a 2 minute drive from the 427 & Dundas.

We play $1-3 ($60-$300) and $2-5 Thurs-Sat starting at 7pm.

On Sundays, we hold a $200 freezout starting at 2pm sharp, with cash games to follow.

Ongoing promotions:

-Nightly high hand bonus
-House bonuses for any quads or better (not raked)
-Bring a friend with you, and get $20

Free food and drinks always, including pop, beer, and fresh brewed coffee.

Our location is a very secure and safe location, and the club itself has it's own security system including video monitoring of the entrances, and a surveillance system which records all areas to an offsite location. Player safety and security is something we take VERY seriously.

Not to brag on ourselves too much, but this will be one of the nicest places you've ever played. We've spent a ton of time and money getting this place ready to play. This is a first class game all the way.

You can PM me here, call me at 416-819-5999, or email me at info@torontopokergames.ca for more details or to reserve your seat.

Comments

• What kind of interest are you getting, in number of people, for the freezeouts? How many can you accommodate?
  • Shifty wrote: »
    What kind of interest are you getting, in number of people, for the freezeouts? How many can you accommodate?

Hi Shifty,

Interest has been really good so far, especially considering we only announced our opening date two days ago.

We only have 2 tables, so we've capped the tournament at 20 players.
  • sounds like a great game BUT wait until other condo owners start to notice the amount of traffic coming and going from the building at all hours of the night. It won't be long before you get a visit from the condo mgmt office or a member of the Board. I know a couple games that were run from condos and they were shut down pretty fast once they realized how difficult it was to run with so many neighbors to contend with.
  • Yep, we have seen a few of those come and go haven't we. I wish I had a buck for every new "great" underground game that advertised on here and then disappeared...^-^ Most I guess just died from lack of interest and some were shut down one way or the other...
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    sounds like a great game BUT wait until other condo owners start to notice the amount of traffic coming and going from the building at all hours of the night. It won't be long before you get a visit from the condo mgmt office or a member of the Board. I know a couple games that were run from condos and they were shut down pretty fast once they realized how difficult it was to run with so many neighbors to contend with.

Not to worry. We've addressed that issue already :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Yep, we have seen a few of those come and go haven't we. I wish I had a buck for every new "great" underground game that advertised on here and then disappeared...^-^ Most I guess just died from lack of interest and some were shut down one way or the other...

True enough. Given time, I think we'll prove ourselves as the exception, rather than the rule.
  • If its a new building, probably less of an issue. The older condos that have a lot of long time owners that can be a bit nosey. Personally I think apartments are the way to go as these tenants seem to care less about other people in the building. Best solution might be to freeroll the super :)

May I refer you to my top ten mistakes made by most poker clubs. You might find this helpful:

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f60/top-ten-mistakes-poker-clubs-make-19909/
  • Thanks, JAH.

This isn't the first game we've run, just a new one.

Our goal was to make the most player friendly place we could, and I think we've succeeded in every way. The players are obv the lifeblood of any game, and we've spent significant time and money to build a place I know they will enjoy.

We're not striving to be the biggest by any means. Despite the fact that we could fit 4 tables in our place, we won't have more than 2. We want to be the nicest, not the biggest. :)
  • We want to be the nicest, not the biggest. :)

I think VIP Poker (aka Rogers) will hold this title for a long time running (outside of Vegas of course). Good luck in any case and keep the forum posted of updates on the club.
  • Please PM me with the address.
  • And what is the RAKE ????
  • And what is the RAKE ????

Its very small, 5% to 10 plus 1 for jackpot for the 1-3 and 5% to 20 for the 2-5 plus 1 for jackpot.
  • Its very small

Most clubs charge $15 max for 2/5 that I know of; $20 max is more common for 5/5.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Most clubs charge $15 max for 2/5 that I know of; $20 max is more common for 5/5.

I haven't opened yet so I can change it. Nothing is set in stone until I'm open :)
  • Quick update for the Sunday $200 freezeout.

We currently have 8 seats available out of 20. We expect a sellout with almost 2 weeks left before the grand opening, so be sure to get in touch if you want to play.
  • Quick update for the Sunday $200 freezeout.

We currently have 8 seats available out of 20. We expect a sellout with almost 2 weeks left before the grand opening, so be sure to get in touch if you want to play.

So that's 20x200=$4K, how much of that is being paid back to the players? ie how much is the rake on the tourney?
  • compuease wrote: »
    So that's 20x200=$4K, how much of that is being paid back to the players? ie how much is the rake on the tourney?

If we have a sell out game 1st gets 2k 2nd gets 1k and 3rd gets 500.
  • We've got 4 seats left for our opening weekend tournament. Call now to reserve your spot, as it will absolutely sell out.

We've added some cash prizes to the opening week promotion.

Each hour of cash game play will get you one draw ticket.

On Sunday, we'll draw tickets and give away:

-Apple iPad
    -Apple iPod
    -Cash Prizes

416-819-5999