Foxwoods TR and Nov 9 Reunion recap

Well, first of let me say that Foxwoods was incredible...it did burst my little Canadian Poker pipe dream though.

The place was massive, had everything and I liked it more than Vegas for a few reasons.

1) It felt more layed back. I always find Vegas is wound right up, which is good at times, but I vacation to escape the city. I never felt like I needed to go anywhere. I walked indoors for blocks and only scratched the surface of what is in there.

2) The poker facility is unreal, 40+ cash games on a Tuesday afternoon. They were spreading everything, Stud even at various limits. The brush was calling names as fast as an auctioneer.

3) The tourney fields were massive at $300-$600 buy-ins with several start days, 200-400 players each day.

4) Shrine night club in MGM Grand, (same building) was intense, but being VIP with the Nov 9 and some other press prob helped (small brag, honsetly yhe party was wasted on me, but felt like a balla). The house made sure everything was taken care of, Patron, Grey Goose, etc. Since there are a ton of major cities like NY and Boston that let loose here, tons of hotties for the young guys. 10+
Bernard Lee knows how to show his players a good time and flashbacks of the COPC VIP Parties made me shutter at how far from this they were, yet at the time, I thought they were huge.

5) Driving, it is reasonable from the lower Canadian cities like Montreal and TO, we did it on a little sleep with one driver nursing a hangover, under 7 hrs to Montreal Airport, guess TO is quite similar drive.

On the downside, from the west flights are brutal in price and no matter where you fly from, you land at least 45 minutes away in Hartford on Rhode Island. There are buses, but you are pretty much stuck getting a rental that you will very likely park in valet and not touch till you leave.

The actual Nov 9 event was very well done, Lon McCarron from ESPN did the commentary, had a huge crowd kept captive. Matt Jarvis was the last of 9 standing, he placed second to a recreational player, all in both with AQo vs MAtts, KJd. Since this was a free roll he only got 3k for second, but with prop bets made almost 30k. Would have been closer to 50k had he beat the kid, but since he made 13k in the NLH, he lived with it.

On top of that, he had an awesome last longer with Duhamel. Jonathan will now have to wear a Canucks Jersey for 3 events of this WSOP, with Jarvis and Number 8 on the back.

Thats it for now, brb.