Anyone want to stake me in the FTOPS #1

Entry is $216.00 - 65/35 split going to the staker(s). No make up, though.

Its an hour away. Let me know.

Could be split among a few players. As long as all $216 is sold by 4pm, I'm in.

Comments

• Sorry I missed this (I would have bought a portion)
  • Sorry I would have also considered but am I understanding this right? The staker pays the buyin and gets 65% of any winnings with no guarantees?
    Isn't that like paying an additional 35% rake? If this is correct, and certainly no slight on your abilities, you proved them last month but do people actually BAP with these arrangements?
  • 70/30 to 75/25 is the more standard for those without good results in similar tournaments.
  • Still don't understand what the staker is getting out of these...... So would somebody pay my buyin to a big tournament then I can play (with no risk to me) and keep 25% of any profits. Why wouldn't I do that all day long?
    From now on I'll play every Sunday million fully staked and I'll keep 25% of the profits..... Line forms to my right. :)
  • For a proven player that is pretty standard provided he was going to do it week over week. For a one shot deal 80/20 no makeup is standard.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    For a proven player that is pretty standard provided he was going to do it week over week. For a one shot deal 80/20 no makeup is standard.

Talked me into it... So are you sending me the buyin for next weeks million..?
    You get 80% of the profits..
    For a proven player that is pretty standard provided he was going to do it week over week. For a one shot deal 80/20 no makeup is standard.
    compuease wrote: »
    Talked me into it... So are you sending me the buyin for next weeks million..?
    You get 80% of the profits..

See bolded portion. :D

I can send you $7.50 for a step 1. ;)
  • Until you ship 100k comp, then it's a different story, I was on another forum when a person won a wcoop event and had to ship like 80k to stakers.

I can send you $7.50 for a step 1. ;)

oh snap
    lol, ah, I missed that (important) part.
    philliivey wrote: »
    Until you ship 100k comp, then it's a different story, I was on another forum when a person won a wcoop event and had to ship like 80k to stakers.
    shaddap Philli, I think you thought I was serious...

I just still don't get the benefit of all this staking.... If I'm good enough to make money then why sell my action, if I'm not then why would anyone stake me... I guess I'm just old...... I do understand swapping action however.

Oh and I am proven to make money.... oh wait, it's not at poker...^-^
  • compuease wrote: »
    lol, ah, I missed that (important) part.

shaddap Philli, I think you thought I was serious...

I just still don't get the benefit of all this staking.... If I'm good enough to make money then why sell my action, if I'm not then why would anyone stake me... I guess I'm just old...... I do understand swapping action however.

Oh and I am proven to make money.... oh wait, it's not at poker...^-^

HUH:confused: that's what I am talking about,but your perfect for this area.
  • So, I'm guessing the answer is no ? :)
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    So, I'm guessing the answer is no ? :)

lol, you could have done no worse than betrthanphil:D
  • compuease wrote: »

This is the reason most backers wont buy action in anyone that doesnt have at least a quarter of themselves in BAP situations.

If the stakee is selling 100% action and keeping a percentage is not a wise investment for the backer, ever, long term backing excluded.

1) The stakee may not play optimal because they are freerolling.
    2) The backer is obv. taking an ROI hit.
  • Imo there is an upside in backing someone who you feel is a proven winning player. You are investing zero time for potential profits. I would prefer to swap with winning players but I do not often have the time to play tournaments. This is why I take a piece of wetts whenever I get a chance even though vegas results prove that I am obv a much better tourney player than him.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Imo there is an upside in backing someone who you feel is a proven winning player. You are investing zero time for potential profits. I would prefer to swap with winning players but I do not often have the time to play tournaments. This is why I take a piece of wetts whenever I get a chance even though vegas results prove that I am obv a much better tourney player than him.

cats-hate-you-and-everyone-else.jpg