Snowtorious B.I.G

To anybody not living in Ontario:

Please don't believe what you see in the media. Yes, we are getting a storm of approximately 20-40cm over the next 20 hours. This is a hell of a lot of snow for us, but nothing compared to the Maritimes and the Prairies.

Please don't believe the reports that we're all going to die, nor do we need to call our Armed Forces. We'll be fine, especially if we get the day off of work tomorrow!

Thanks for your concern,

Johnnie.

ps...clearly I'm not going in tomorrow and I'm celebrating with beer!

Comments

• Dam technology .. work from home. :(
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Dam technology .. work from home. :(

Call work and tell them there's too much snow for you to get out of bed!
  • Tell them your roof collapsed. If they've seen your place, they would believe it.
  • Damnit. Already asked store manager and he said no matter what we're open. FML.
  • Just came home from work....Cambridge to Hamilton, what a SHIT drive. Hamilton is so much worse and the plow guys are idiots. Not mad at being stuck behind one, as I wasn't, but man they really messed up some of the side streets the way they are doing it!
  • The thunder shook our house and woke me up this morning. I have no choice but to go into work, as an Auto Adjuster, this will be the busiest few days of the year.
  • YOU BUNCH OF PUSSIES!! It ain't that bad out. Why when I was your age, this was a mild spring day!!

goddamnkidstodaydontknowbadweatheratall
  • I knew it was going to be a Snow Day based on the intensity of the wild last day.
  • +1. Aside from the usual assortment of idiots who think the 4WD or snow tires make them invincible, the drive to work was uneventful. Only about 5-10 cm in Peel, but . . . ZOMG !!! What a bunch of overhyped nonsense.

If this is the "big" storm for the winter, I am hereby spitting in Ol' Man Winter's coffee.

By the by, this is posted from work . . . you sissies and your snow days. :bs:
  • Snow? What Snow?
    You just have to love the typical Toronto Weather Man/Woman. They like to over dramatize the whole situation.
    Usually these storms that come north from the US have lost a lot of their punch by the time they get to us.
    We have all seen a 10cm snow fall cripple the GTA.
    Yeah so the winds blowing and a measly 3 or 4 inches is nothing.
    It does not snow down here like it does from Barrie to the north and The London corridor which was hit earlier this winter.
    We just don't get the snow we used to.
    You know it's bad when your car wipers can't clear the snow fast enough and you have to drive with you head stuck out the window.
    You also know its bad when 3 days later it is still coming down...
  • bwahahahaha, you guys tell em!

I still have to go to work today, and ya where is all this snow?????.
  • We got squat.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    bwahahahaha, you guys tell em!

I still have to go to work today, and ya where is all this snow?????.

I believe it's here in Kincardine. As part of the 'snow belt', I awoke this morning to a 4 foot snow drift behind my van. A friend who lives just out of town has a 60' laneway that is 5-6' deep from side to side due to drifting. Mass confusion as all the roads in and out of town are closed, yet the nuclear power plant is still saying everyone must come to work. Thus he's actually trying to shovel it because the guy who plows it can't dig his tractor out.

That being said, this isn't the worst I've seen since I moved here.

We get the lake effect. It's fun, but overwhelming at times.
  • With Bill's post in mind, I relate an actual conversation between myself and the dispatch of a "National transportation carrier" this morning, as I tried to arrange pick-up of some freight:

Me: Good morning, I would like to arrange a pick-up.
    They: Okay, but just so you know, we cannot guarantee any pick-ups or deliveries today, due to the road and weather conditions.
    Me: Are the roads in the GTA closed?
    They: No, but with the weather . . .
    Me: What is the nearest major intersection to your terminal in Mississauga?
    They: Dixie/Eglinton, but . . .
    Me: What a coincidence, me too. We close at 3:00 p.m. I expect my freight to be picked up before then.

People in this town have become such pussies . . .
  • Quite the trudge to my basement for work.

I thought about going in but since the boss told me yesterday that I should just work from home ....
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Quite the trudge to my basement for work.

I thought about going in but since the boss told me yesterday that I should just work from home ....

What he meant to say was that you smell bad.

Snow day for me!!! Whee!!!

Ha ha my kid has a PA day today and he has to go to the dentist. Sucks to be him!
  • If that's all it takes, sign me up.

I will now give up bathing. :D
  • moose wrote: »
    What he meant to say was that you smell bad.

Snow day for me!!! Whee!!!

Ha ha my kid has a PA day today and he has to go to the dentist. Sucks to be him!

POTD :-) also, woke up this morning, left 5 minutes earlier than usual and was able to walk to work with zero issues. Anyone who bitches about this weather should have their citizenship revoked and be shipped to Izbekistan!

As for the Toronto neews/weather people making a mountain out of a molehill, I'm not surprised...

They've been doing it for 42 years with the Leafs :O

G'nite folks! Try the veal! I'm here all week! Don't forget to tip your waitress!
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    As for the Toronto neews/weather people making a mountain out of a molehill, I'm not surprised...

Have you forgotten the earthquake in June 2010? :D

120288915-8fed3a3cd413b618b809b3263d902a44_4c24cb78-full.png
  • Well, that does it. I've shoveled out the laneway and path to the woodpile three times today already and as I look into my backyard it's almost a whiteout still and this shit is accumulating faster than ever.

I'm also pissed that the soulless snowplow truck driver demons seem to wait until you turn your back for one minute then shove a mountain back into your laneway.

Fuckers said it would stop snowing by noon and now it's almost 4 and it looks worse out now than it did this morning.

I've had it and I'm going to the pub to meet gf, et al. and drink beer.
  • Well, that does it. I've shoveled out the laneway and path to the woodpile three times today already and as I look into my backyard it's almost a whiteout still and this shit is accumulating faster than ever.

I'm also pissed that the soulless snowplow truck driver demons seem to wait until you turn your back for one minute then shove a mountain back into your laneway.

Fuckers said it would stop snowing by noon and now it's almost 4 and it looks worse out now than it did this morning.

I've had it and I'm going to the pub to meet gf, et al. and drink beer.

Next time, start here, then shovel.
  • New Hamburg didn't get that much new snow overnight(about 15cm), but the wind blew tons of it all over the place. I had a few drifts 40cm to blow out this morning. The afternoon brought about another 7cm down but luckily there was little to no wind.

So once again the media completely blew the story out of proportion and we got less then predicted. Although I did get the day off work! Woohoo for online poker and movies all day :D

167553_500801548541_565393541_6286039_3324193_n.jpg
  • I hate you.