Dufferdevon's February Results

Since I had so much success last month keeping everyone up to date on my progress, I decided to try it this month too. Knowing you have to post your results for the world to see, at least for me, seems to keep me focused and on track with my bankroll.

Watch this thread for an epic month.

Comments

• djgolfcan wrote: »
    Watch this thread for an epic month.
    What? no chance to participate? Not interested then.. :)
  • $367 in buy-ins - $491.91 in prizes - profit - $124.91 - in 8 hours of play
  • After 11 days
    -
    Total Buy-ins - $2,187.45
    Total Won - $2,586.00
    Rake Back - $58.67
    -
    Total profit - $457.22
    ROI - 18%
    -
    Total Hours playing - 44.5
  • First the Ugly: Last 17 days, I am down $250+ - Combination of bad luck, bad play and playing too much.

The Bad - Not concentrating on just the profitable, low variance games when the downswing started.

The Good - I have not tilted away my money !! I am still up $200 for the month.
    I started January with borrowed money and am now over $1000 in my bankroll.

I qualified for Silver Iron Man again. Still in the top 1.5% of tournament players on Full Tilt, according to OPR.
    I am still up $200 for the month.
    I qualified for Silver Iron Man again. Still in the top 1.5% of tournament players on Full Tilt, according to OPR.

Question on how this works, you are only up $200. for the month and are in the top 1.5%? How does that work? You mean 98.5% of us make less than $200.? If that is true we should really all give this up... I know I'm up $314. for the month but that's across all sites and considering my low volume that is better than normal. I track in a spreadsheet. Mostly Bodog and Bwin lately.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Question on how this works, you are only up $200. for the month and are in the top 1.5%? How does that work? You mean 98.5% of us make less than $200.? If that is true we should really all give this up... I know I'm up $314. for the month but that's across all sites and considering my low volume that is better than normal. I track in a spreadsheet. Mostly Bodog and Bwin lately.

As far as I know, it is only calcualted site by site. As to how they figure it all out, I have no idea. The rankings are calculated for the last 120 days and for the entire year.

I don't think it goes by just money made, I think ROI, tourney cashes and tourney finishes also factor in. And again, that's as an average over the last 120 days, not just the current month.
  • Having a decent last night of the month. Update to follow last 45man game...... Final Table - chip leader with 5 left.

Decided to chop 3-ways for $111.00

Buy-ins - $4994.85
    Won - $5296.00
    Rake Back - $112.14

Total Profit - $413.32

ROI - 6%
    Hourly Rate - $3.25/hr
  • February was an up and down month, started off great, went ice cold in the middle and finished strong. Learned that I need to stick to the games that I make money in. Like the $11, 45man SNGs and just take the occasional shot at larger MTTs.

I am really looking forward to March. The MiniFTOPS is next week, I plan on sattying into 4 or 5 of the NLHM ones and making at least one deep run.

Hopefully, I will update more frequently in March.
    February was an up and down month, started off great, went ice cold in the middle and finished strong. Learned that I need to stick to the games that I make money in. Like the $11, 45man SNGs and just take the occasional shot at larger MTTs.

I think this is an important philosophy based on the fact that you are trying to build for sustainability.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I think this is an important philosophy based on the fact that you are trying to build for sustainability.

Exactly. My ultimate goal is to make a good part time income, and be able to fund my live tournies as well and the occasional trip to Vegas.

I am using 100 buyins as my base for the $11man SNGS and playing $26mtt with tickets won or satties.