Anyone else?

Hey guys.

Has anyone else ever noticed that when you're down to your last bit of your bankroll and you decide to play a tourney with it, suddenly all the cards come your way.

I don't know about other poker sites, but everytime I'm almost completely broke on Full Tilt and I play a tourney, it seems I win it.

Last night I was down to like $5 left in my account, so I played a $3.30 Bounty tourney and low and behold, guess who wins?? Yup.. Me... And the funny thing was that I only originally put in $40 so I could play a little and now I've got just over $80 in there.

Now unfortunately from my experience in the past, now that I have won this tourney and have a bit of money in my account, that will now mean I start taking a barrage of bad beats and ridiculous river cards. But what can you do.

Just thought I'd find out if I'm the only one this seems to happen to..?

Later..

Comments

• Yes . . . yes you are. :)
  • Actually, this has happened to me twice on Full Tilt and once on Stars. Last tourney, last of my bankroll and once I won $785.00 - the other two were not so much but were enough to keep me going.

Personally, I just think you focus better, knowing this is your last kick at the can before having to reload. In regards to going on a downturn, that happens regardless and you just need to apply proper BRM to withdtand it.
  • Depositing 10k and getting down to the last $215 and then playing a Sunday major event has been a pro strategy for years. Now keep it hush hush.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Depositing 10k and getting down to the last $215 and then playing a Sunday major event has been a pro strategy for years. Now keep it hush hush.

Sorry, I am a new degen.
  • ??? This has NEVER happened to me.
  • newguy31 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Has anyone else ever noticed that when you're down to your last bit of your bankroll and you decide to play a tourney with it, suddenly all the cards come your way.

I don't know about other poker sites, but everytime I'm almost completely broke on Full Tilt and I play a tourney, it seems I win it.

Last night I was down to like $5 left in my account, so I played a $3.30 Bounty tourney and low and behold, guess who wins?? Yup.. Me... And the funny thing was that I only originally put in $40 so I could play a little and now I've got just over $80 in there.

Now unfortunately from my experience in the past, now that I have won this tourney and have a bit of money in my account, that will now mean I start taking a barrage of bad beats and ridiculous river cards. But what can you do.

Just thought I'd find out if I'm the only one this seems to happen to..?

Later..

my thought is.....

the quicker you realize poker is not rigged the quicker you can 'begin' working on improving your game.......until then.....:(
  • darbday wrote: »
    my thought is.....

the quicker you realize poker is not rigged the quicker you can 'begin' working on improving your game.......until then.....:(

Hey, now I didn't say at any point it was rigged. I just found it interesting that this seems to happen when I'm down to my last buy in. Because like I said before, it's not the first time this has happened to me. Just wanted to know if I was the only one is all.

So..... :-X
  • newguy31 wrote: »
    Hey, now I didn't say at any point it was rigged.

So..... :-X

i didn't say...that you said that...^-^