An email from P*.

Pretty funny. Just got this in the mail today from Stars.

"Dear wildbill7145

We're pleased to tell you that you have qualified for Wednesday's Play With The Pros - Weekly Final, which takes place at 21:00 ET.

Win the tournament and you and your poker club members will be joined this weekend by Team PokerStars PRO, Anh Van Nguyen."

I assume I qualified by random draw of some sort as I haven't played in any pre-qualifiers to bring me to the weekly final they speak of.

Anyhoo, never heard of the pro. Probably going to be a bazillion people playing this stupid tourney that will take me till some horrible hour of the morning to win should I go deep.

Anyone else get this email for any club they've started?

Comments

• I got it and probably wes got it as well
  • I think the one wes played in last Wednesday had 140 runners
  • I got one too
  • At this point, I'm suspecting all club managers got one.
  • ah dude take it down!!!
    Do we get a bizzillion dollars added to our prize pool if the pro enters?

and you will get one of these letters each week you meet the requirements Bill.

1 pro a week until sometime in March. You will also get one, I am assuming, for the other promotion for a poker trip once said requirements are met.
  • Sharantyr wrote: »

and you will get one of these letters each week you meet the requirements Bill.

1 pro a week until sometime in March. You will also get one, I am assuming, for the other promotion for a poker trip once said requirements are met.

Whut? Yer kidding right? $1000. Wow. I had no idea.

I also had and have no idea what requirements I'm meeting! I've obviously got some reading to do.

The tourney you have to win to get said pro in your home game is insane. Starting stack is $1000, blinds increase every 5 minutes..... and it quickly becomes an all in fest. Had around 325 on Wednesday, I finished somewhere around 150 or something.