Best mouse and pad for grinding?

First my old Dell optical corded mouse started getting laggy on my Dell laptop (+ 2nd TV screen) until it stopped working. I bought a Logitech Corded Mouse M500, which was much better. After a while, it started freezing/lagging too and the USB sound would go on as if my mouse was unplugged then plugged back in (even though it was plugged the whole time). It suddenly went dead today, and my old Dell mouse is semi-working but is too laggy to multi-table.

What are the best mouse and pad for multi-tabling? Has anybody else here had mouse lag problems and found a permanent solution? I'd hate to buy a high-end high-DPI gaming mouse and pad, and end up with the same lag.

Comments

• BlondeFish wrote: »
    First my old Dell optical corded mouse started getting laggy on my Dell laptop (+ 2nd TV screen) until it stopped working. I bought a Logitech Corded Mouse M500, which was much better. After a while, it started freezing/lagging too and the USB sound would go on as if my mouse was unplugged then plugged back in (even though it was plugged the whole time). It suddenly went dead today, and my old Dell mouse is semi-working but is too laggy to multi-table.

What are the best mouse and pad for multi-tabling? Has anybody else here had mouse lag problems and found a permanent solution? I'd hate to buy a high-end high-DPI gaming mouse and pad, and end up with the same lag.

Have a simple wireless logitech M310. Cost about $40-$50 at future shop.

Never an issue.
  • Have a MX510 on one desktop which has been used for about 5-6 years now with no issues. And a Logitech G5 on my main desktop that's been used for 3 years with nossues
  • You do know there are batteries in the wireless mouse right? Assuming they are good, mice rarely fail. Perhaps something else on your computer? Get yourself a cheap corded usb mouse and make sure where the issue is.

And you weren't throwing the mouse against the wall again were you?
  • compuease wrote: »
    You do know there are batteries in the wireless mouse right? Assuming they are good, mice rarely fail. Perhaps something else on your computer? Get yourself a cheap corded usb mouse and make sure where the issue is.

I prefer wired > wireless personally.
  • The Walking Boss bought a Lexma. Just a dinky little wired mouse for the laptop 2 yrs ago. Wally Mart $20.00 Never had an issue.

I just put the new mouse That My Grandkids bought me for Christmas on the desk top. I know AJ and Hellmuths Mole will have something to say about.

So Far it works great
    pureorange.ca I guess is where you would find it. I know it was at Wally Mart during the silly season.
  • Thankfully both of those logos are covered by your hand for the mostpart during use.
  • That mouse would give you carpal tunnel in less than a year multitabling for long sessions.

You need to find something with a wide topspread.
  • I use the logitech performance mouse MX. Dont need a pad and design/comfort is top notch. It has frozen on me before but otherwise is great
    You do know there are batteries in the wireless mouse right? Assuming they are good, mice rarely fail. Perhaps something else on your computer? Get yourself a cheap corded usb mouse and make sure where the issue is.

agreed....never heard of mouse lagging other than batteries being low....wonder if your usb jack is messed or something?

is use the middle button to toggle table ninja in and out....

now i gotta google wide top spread.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    That mouse would give you carpal tunnel in less than a year multitabling for long sessions.

You need to find something with a wide topspread.

Not playing 40 or so like you do my friend . lol 4 at the most I am getting old ya know..

The mouse itself is actually a little more compfy to use than the dell mouse that came with the computer.
  • wireless laser = the shit

have a simple logitech m510 for desktop.....works great, batteries seem to pop out on occasion when gently tossed against the wall on the other side of the room.

have another logitech (smaller) for laptop...same issues as above.

never had any lag issues, and can use on any surface
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    wireless laser = the shit

have a simple logitech m510 for desktop.....works great, batteries seem to pop out on occasion when gently tossed against the wall on the other side of the room.

I have a microsoft laser mouse as well. Never any issues although goes through a battery every month or two.
    wireless laser = the shit

Flinging the mouse against the wall or it decides it want to fly across the room will usually do that lol
  • meh. Had a mouse and eventually just used the touchpad. Add tableninja FTW.
    You do know there are batteries in the wireless mouse right?
    :
    I also prefer corded/wired over wireless so that when I gently fling the mouse against the wall, it hits me back in the face! ;)

According to both the Logitech and Future Shop techies, my Logitech Corded M500 is totally dead. Fortunately, it is well within the 3-year warranty so Logitech will ship me a replacement which will arrive in 7-10 business days.

In the meantime, I bought a Logitech Gaming Mouse G500 ($90 at Best Buy but pricematched it for $55), which has adjustable dpi from 200 all the way up to 5700 dpi. Now I can quickly move from a table in the top right corner of my 42" TV all the way to a table in the bottom left corner of my second screen without barely moving the mouse; before with the M500 with only 800 dpi, I would run out of space moving the mouse on the pad and would have to lift it up then move it again to switch between the two screens.

logitech_g500_g110_2.jpg

I also bought a SteelSeries Pro Gaming mousepad.
  • I have used the G500 before and it was good for playing games and stuff ( I play StarCraft 2 quite a bit ) but for poker I prefer this one..Newegg.ca - Logitech Performance Mouse MX

I got it for$79.00 on there a while ago, super comfy and it's wireless but if you want to just use the USB cable you can have it wired as well..
  • Bought this one a few months ago....takes some getting used to (using the trackball)

Best I've used

Logitech Wireless Trackball (M570) : Trackballs - Best Buy Canada
    Bought this one a few months ago....takes some getting used to (using the trackball)

Best I've used

Trackball I heard is better if CTS is a concern.
  • literation wrote: »
    trackball i heard is better if cts is a concern.

cts = ?
    Bought this one a few months ago....takes some getting used to (using the trackball)

Best I've used

been using 1 for 2+ years now. Takes some getting used to, but I like it.

CTS = Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
  • Can one multi-table better with a trackball than a gaming mouse?
    T8urmoney wrote: »
    Best I've used
    Can one multi-table better with a trackball than a gaming mouse?

Tbh, never used a gaming mouse, but if you tile, pretty sure it's better

Maybe someone who's used both can chime in
  • My microsoft wireless 5000 takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'...use rechargeables so batteries are never an issue for more than 10 seconds when they do go...every 3 weeks or so. It handles tosses across the room and frequent toddler theft/abuse very well. The only surface it doesn't like is reflective.
  • Guys,

The Basics.

1. Wired is better than wireless because there is no lag and better reliability.

2. Get a high DPI mouse. It makes it much easier to play, and you use less effort.

3. Buy a couple, it's nice to keep a spare plugged in so that if you run into problems you always have a hot standby.

4. Good choices are the Logitech G500 or the Microsoft X3. I have both.
    Can one multi-table better with a trackball than a gaming mouse?

I have a couple of nice Logitech trackballs. Gaming mice are the way to go. If you are starting to get CTS it's sometimes a relief to play trackball. But it's better to stop altogether.
    I also prefer corded/wired over wireless so that when I gently fling the mouse against the wall, it hits me back in the face! ;)

According to both the Logitech and Future Shop techies, my Logitech Corded M500 is totally dead. Fortunately, it is well within the 3-year warranty so Logitech will ship me a replacement which will arrive in 7-10 business days.

In the meantime, I bought a Logitech Gaming Mouse G500 ($90 at Best Buy but pricematched it for $55), which has adjustable dpi from 200 all the way up to 5700 dpi. Now I can quickly move from a table in the top right corner of my 42" TV all the way to a table in the bottom left corner of my second screen without barely moving the mouse; before with the M500 with only 800 dpi, I would run out of space moving the mouse on the pad and would have to lift it up then move it again to switch between the two screens.

logitech_g500_g110_2.jpg

I also bought a SteelSeries Pro Gaming mousepad.

Where did you pricematch to?
  • I use the trackman marble and trackman wheel, both wired.

Wired mice dont need batteries either, its a no brainer IMO

Logitech_Trackman_Marble.jpg

logitech_trackman_wheel.jpg
  • Where did you pricematch to?
    I looked up the lowest prices in the GTA online and printed it out. The Future Shop I went to refused to price match because the other store isn't in the same area, but when I passed by a Best Buy, they agreed to a price match. YMMV!

By the way, Logitech never did ship me a replacement M500 mouse that they promised and auto-returned my email inquiry, but I haven't bothered following up since my G500 has been working fine.
  • Completely agree that using a gaming mouse is the way to go. The amount of binding options that are available really are a must. The problem is there really are no gaming mice that have a marble to aid quick table changes. The mouse Scott linked is really the best out there but I would go with one of the variations of the trackman which have more mouse buttons for binding.