Options

Mark Zuckerberg: Fraud or legitimate?

What does everyone think?

Did he really steal someone else's idea?

My view is that he kind of did and then he built on it tremendously. There is noone who could've made facebook so great like he has, even if he got the concept of it from others.

If anyone has seen The Social Network, it will help shed some light on Zuckerberg. Although he had nothing to do with the production of the movie.

Comments

• social networking on the internet wasn't a new idea, haven't seen the movie but i think he had the right genius with the right timing....i think any new ideas now a days have to incorporate the understanding that by the time your 'product' goes to market there will already be 100's of better ones already released.....

facebook is astounding
  • Like you said Darb, computer based social networking isn't a new idea whatsoever depending on how you define social networking. I can remember being members of groups of people over 20 years ago who played computer based role playing games and often had live meetups to see who the hell we were playing against.

This will astound you young fellers. We had to use 2400 bits/sec. (that's BITS kids!) modems over the phone line to dial into a bulletin board system that had 10 phone lines for incoming calls. All this so you could play text based games. But the most interesting thing at the time was that you could chat with each other and had profiles others could view. It was all just sooooooo incredibly slowwwwww. That was computer based social networking at the time.

What we see today in Myspace, Facebook, etc. are simply reflections and implementations of improvements in technology.

• This will astound you young fellers. We had to use 2400 bits/sec. (that's BITS kids!) modems over the phone line to dial into a bulletin board system that had 10 phone lines for incoming calls. All this so you could play text based games. But the most interesting thing at the time was that you could chat with each other and had profiles others could view. It was all just sooooooo incredibly slowwwwww. That was computer based social networking at the time.

some how when i was a kid i dialed this up and use it, posted on it.....had no idea what it was or who i was posting too. years later my mom told me i charged up a huge bill from some company, she thought it was for nintendo i denied it and she thought i was a lying until later when i realized what i was......

it does a astound me you were using that though...

bbs or something it was called
  • I curse Mark Zuckerburg, and his Farmville laden community . . .

Everything I have read about him screams that he is EXACTLY like an ex-g/f's younger brother. He was 12 at the time (early 80's), and proud as hell that his computer had evidence tags from the RCMP. Apparently he had been involved in some new fangled thing they called "hacking" . . . little shit.
  • True guys, social networking wasn't a brand new idea. I don't think Zuckerberg is that unethical.

Lol Milo farmville is a terrible game and so are almost all facebook games. But I did start of playing online poker there and a week later I was just tired of everyone going all in on whatever hand :P

Faceboook should change though, im tired of the light blue and white background its boring, we should be able to change the colors, backgrounds and that kinda stuff
  • rcorp wrote: »

Faceboook should change though, im tired of the light blue and white background its boring, we should be able to change the colors, backgrounds and that kinda stuff

branding ;)

don't worry though facebook will soon be obsolete, in a way we can't yet conceive....faster than we can even realize....prob gone already...
  • This will astound you young fellers. We had to use 2400 bits/sec. (that's BITS kids!) modems over the phone line to dial into a bulletin board system that had 10 phone lines for incoming calls. All this so you could play text based games. But the most interesting thing at the time was that you could chat with each other and had profiles others could view. It was all just sooooooo incredibly slowwwwww. That was computer based social networking at the time.
    darbday wrote: »

bbs or something it was called
    You kids, sheesh.. WE, of course used string and tin cans.... :)

My youngest son (now almost 37) ran a few different BBS's (Bulletin Board Systems) starting when he was about 11 or 12. I still remember when I got our first acoustic coupler modem and launched him... Like someone else mentioned, he also had some live meetups in his later teen years, the furthest away was Atlanta. His mother was not a fan...

To my knowledge, the RCMP didn't get involved, and I didn't ask..
  • compuease wrote: »
    You kids, sheesh.. WE, of course used string and tin cans.... :)

My youngest son (now almost 37) ran a few different BBS's (Bulletin Board Systems) starting when he was about 11 or 12.

i didn't think anyone would ever relate to me on this....was a lost memory
  • Lol darbday but myspace lets you do it... although I never use myspace...