WPC - Redington's Home Game

After getting busted out of the Main tourney you tell me if this was right

Blinds 25/50
I have 900 chips
2 callers ahead,
MP Dealt KK, raise to 300.
SB folds, BB folds - Big stack says how much to put you all in.
He pushes, I call.

He flips 55 and I show him my KK and am looking to double,

Flop comes 289 woohoo
Turn 7 - oh oh
River 6 - you friggan jackass...... Im am now a shietfocker

Off to the side game I go.... which was probably the most fun I have had at playing cards for a while. I was able to bust up the tourny winner (Graham Pearce), which I kinda felt bad about as he tipped the house and bought everyone pizza with part of his winnings.

The most Gracious winner that I have hosted to, and Im sure everyone feels the same way. Although, as a player he was a complete ass :) !!!!

Back to the side game...

I just have to say that there were alot of calling stations, Shoppsy!!!

And some maniacs.... for example a $6 raise on 85o with a call with 4d5d !!!
Not bad for .25/.50 NL , game but the funny part is when they split a $70 pot as a straight hit the board.

I had alot of fun reading cards, Pokerface has to confirm how many times I was right or how many times he was able to bluff me huge...but all in all a great night again.

Again, I cannot stress enough how great a guy like Graham Pearce is as a winner. Truly a class act.

Thanks Again

Comments

• Even with 2 callers ahead, I think 6x BB is too big of a raise... I would have raised to 200 or 250. When it comes back to you all in, easy call.
  • Yep Slant, your probably right, however there was a Maniac at the table. 6X BB was pretty much the standard by this time.

There had been a 700, 400 and 500 raise in the previous hands; ones that were called with aq, aq and AA...

Either way it didn't change the outcome... :)

Red
  • Just a little clarification since I was the one that bad beat Tyson:
    No one had called before he raised since I was BB, Graham was UTG and Tyson was after that. Graham Folds, Tyson bets 300, rest of the table folds so it's heads-up. I figure that since Tyson (and Graham even more than Tyson) had been making fairly large raises with hands such as AJ, AT, KQs, etc... that there was a fairly good chance that Tyson had one of these hands. Moreover, by that point I had a pretty big stack, as Tyson said. I forget exactly how much, but I am pretty sure I was chip leader at that point.
    So since it was a decent assumption that he had one of the hands mentioned above, I figure if I put him all in, he will either fold or he will call and it will be a race. Moreover, this was when the rebuy period was over, so it is much more likely that he'd fold a hand like AJ,AQ,KJ,...

So yes the read was wrong and I did get lucky that time, but as you guys who have sat at my tables many times before will probably agree, I probably wouldn't have put myself in that position if I didn't have a lot of chips to spare.

Anyways, it was a great tournament despite my piss-poor play when it got down to three players left. Thanks again Tyson, your tournaments are the highlight of my 8 months of the year in this town.

Peace
    Kory

PS: Tyson, wanna do a last longer bet next time? :)
  • Redington wrote:
    Yep Slant, your probably right, however there was a Maniac at the table. 6X BB was pretty much the standard by this time...

Red

LOL. I think I was close to the tightest player at the table (excluding the player to my right). Are you talking about Graham???
  • Again, I cannot stress enough how great a guy like Graham Pearce is as a winner. Truly a class act.
    Yep. What a great guy! Very classy.

Graham played a great aggressive game. Probably a bit lucky too. I had the misfortune of sitting at his table right up until there were 10-12 players left. His bullying tactics were working great and I was just waiting for a chance to get him heads up with a decent hand. Finally he raised me when I was sitting on KJs and I thought this was a great time to make some chips. Unfortunately, he had QTs and didn't want to fold to my all-in and he hit a T on the flop or turn. Either way I was out.

I think the true maniacs were playing in the side game. $3-5 pre-flop raises on 50 cent BB were not unusual. I have to adjust my game to account for this. Calling stations? No, I think were were calling them f***ing calling stations, if my memory serves me correctly...

As Tyson mentioned, Graham generously sprang for pizza with his now monstrous bankroll. And to top it off, he was kind enough to push all his chips into the side game when I was sitting on KK. Too sweet! Even at that, I was sweating the call.

Seriously, though, thanks Graham. You are a very generous guy. It was fun to play against you and it was clear that you were having fun too.

Tyson, were you calling my hands correctly? Hmmm. One, for sure, you almost nailed - the one where you folded to my big raise and said I must have kings or aces. The others, let's keep a little mystery. I've learned something from magithighs.

Great tourney. Great side games. Thanks for hosting. Can't wait for the next one. By the way, I love your new 'handle'. I do recall that name being shouted a few times. :wink:
  • So yes the read was wrong and I did get lucky that time, but as you guys who have sat at my tables many times before will probably agree, I probably wouldn't have put myself in that position if I didn't have a lot of chips to spare.
    Are you sure you wanna say that?

I recall a certain hand not too long ago where the flop was A55... :biggrin:
  • You made it into the money again?
    Anyways, it was a great tournament despite my piss-poor play when it got down to three players left. Thanks again Tyson, your tournaments are the highlight of my 8 months of the year in this town.
  • LOL. I think I was close to the tightest player at the table (excluding the player to my right). Are you talking about Graham???

Umm Well lets see, he pushed me off AJ with a 700 raise, blinds are 15/30. Then called a 400 raise with 96 (but they were soooooooooooooooooted), can you say maniac!!!!!

Yes I was talking about Graham, was there anyone else even at that table?
  • SlantNGo wrote:
    You made it into the money again?

Yah he got lucky..... plus playing to the maniacs right kept him VERY honest, probably a great strategy against the goon with the chips.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Yep. What a great guy! Very classy.

Graham played a great aggressive game. Probably a bit lucky too. I had the misfortune of sitting at his table right up until there were 10-12 players left. His bullying tactics were working great and I was just waiting for a chance to get him heads up with a decent hand. Finally he raised me when I was sitting on KJs and I thought this was a great time to make some chips. Unfortunately, he had QTs and didn't want to fold to my all-in and he hit a T on the flop or turn. Either way I was out.

Still it was a very weird game. Don't think anyone ever took the control away from Graham. He drove that game the way he wanted.
    pkrfce9 wrote:
    I think the true maniacs were playing in the side game. $3-5 pre-flop raises on 50 cent BB were not unusual. I have to adjust my game to account for this. Calling stations? No, I think were were calling them f***ing calling stations, if my memory serves me correctly...

Yah, but it was ALOT of fun. This is why your chip levels are SO important in a ring NL game. If you had the Min $20 buy in, $5 is HUGE, but when your sitting with 140, it is 3%.

The funniest part is those HUGE raises preflop were not respected at all. I recall the one hand I have AA in MP.

It was already $2 to me in MP. I raise to $10 (pretty sure Ill get a caller), sure enough I get me $10 bet called.

The pot is $22.50 and the Flop comes 58T, I bet $20 and get called.
    Maybe a set? nah he'd raise, maybe two pair nah who would call $10 with T8?

Turn K
    I check, he bets $10. Ahhh I see a set of Kings? That would make sense, oh wait it could be AK better just call.

River 9
    Ok Im so confused does he have a set? He's looking at his chips, wow he's going to bet. Did I get trapped? WTF does he have? Man did I get burnt with AA?

I check, then he checks shieeet!!!!!

He flips KJ. I should have bet more.

My favorite pot was the K full vs Q full. I think I played it perfectly and turnit it into a $70 pot. Probably my best play of the night.

All in all though alot of fun, way more fun then the tourny, although Graham was a class act and made sitting at that table hilarious!
    pkrfce9 wrote:
    Tyson, were you calling my hands correctly? Hmmm. One, for sure, you almost nailed - the one where you folded to my big raise and said I must have kings or aces. The others, let's keep a little mystery. I've learned something from magithighs.

I don't think I was too far off on a couple. However, drunk boy after me and Danny I had NO idea what they were holding. I do love when ego gets involved in the betting, loved showing Danny a couple of HUGE hands as he folded all the other hands. Thankfully he doesn't read this forum!!!!

Again thanks to all the players, everyone made the game a great night.

Tyson/Redington
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Are you sure you wanna say that?

I recall a certain hand not too long ago where the flop was A55... :biggrin:

lol. man, just when i am forgetting about that hand and i am starting to sleep again at night, you have to bring it up! well, the difference is that i had to make a move then since blinds were so massive and i had quite a bit invested in the pot. as for the hand with Tyson, i had a ton of chips in relation to what it would be to put him all in.
  • SlantNGo wrote:
    You made it into the money again?

3rd again...
  • Redington wrote:
    Yah he got lucky..... plus playing to the maniacs right kept him VERY honest, probably a great strategy against the goon with the chips.

Yes, I got lucky. Same as the other 3/5 times I've cashed (4/5 final tables).

On a side note, are there any tournaments coming up Tyson? I heard not until February, but I don't know if that is accurrate or not. Or does anyone know of any cash games/tournaments/whatever? I have the easiest term of my university career and I am bored off my ass on a daily basis.

Peace
    KM
  • Yep, not till Feb. My old man is coming and I will be spending alot of my time off with him and my daughter.

So the first week of Feb would be the first one.

Yes, I got lucky. Same as the other 3/5 times I've cashed (4/5 final tables).

Sorry, I didn't mean that as a slag to your skill. Luck had nothing to do with it.

On a side note, are there any tournaments coming up Tyson? I heard not until February, but I don't know if that is accurrate or not. Or does anyone know of any cash games/tournaments/whatever? I have the easiest term of my university career and I am bored off my ass on a daily basis.

Peace
    KM
    :wink::wink:
  • I played that night at Tysons place and had an absolute blast. I broke straight even. went with $50, left with $50.
    thanks tyson for the great time, me and my friend steve appreciate it, and cant wait to play again.

as for some other games to play whilst tysons place is out of comission, i am always game. the hard part is though, where to play??

i am always down for playing some cash games or some small tourneys, e-mail me if anyoen is interested in getting anything started.

thanks again to graham, a really nice guy as well as a good poker player. what a weird combo eh fellas?

Johnny
    John@singlethreat.com