Will be Mon Jan 24 - Sun Jan 30

Good: $30mil+
Bad: All tournaments will be multi-entry that week

Comments

• actyper wrote: »
    Will be Mon Jan 24 - Sun Jan 30

Good: $30mil+
    Bad: All tournaments will be multi-entry that week

I think the bad will be more for the HSMTT, fortunately I'm more in the SSMTT......I'll reserve judgement until I'm officially down a pile during DG Week.
  • Should be really bad for the low stakes. Waaay tougher fields and fishes who do buyin more than once go bust faster. I'll still play a lot that week though
  • ugh, here I was excited too, but whatever multi entry is, it does not sound good.(You can rebuy?)
  • bumpity bump for 4x the losses this week...........here we go
  • Anyone noticing any overlays in these? I think mixed games are going to be the best chance....ie. HA, HORSE, etc.
  • No all of the big ones have been way above the guarantee. The daily 2pm 42k now with an 84k guar has had prize pools of $160k. Theres going to be some astronomical prize pools this sunday. The brawl and the double deuce might hit 1mil prize pools to go along side the 1.5mil.
  • It might also have to with the fact they are all multi entry tournaments.

I have seen players playing 4 plus entries in some of these
  • With players buying up to four entries in one tournament, Full Tilt only needs half of the regular players to buy in for the max to make the GTD money amount. But as stated before, most of these have had prize pools well over the guarantee.
  • had large losses in these as well.... small cashes.

Anyone buying in more than once? I did double buy for the $3 rush rebuy add-on, next thing I know I was down $24.

Also anyone playing the kitchen sink? I'm about 90% sure Full Tilt made this tournament just for me. Action Junkie city.
    6-max, multi entry, rush, KO, Super turbo. oh baby.
  • Yeah I tried playing a wide assortment yesterday, buying multi entries on many. I hit the max at 18 tables. When you are over 18 those tables do not open and you are forced to blind out until you have an open table. The stupid thing is that it doesn't open automatically if you bust one of your other tables.

I tried but I can't do 18, going to switch my strategy on these. Going to buyin 4 of 2 or 3 tournaments, like tonight I will play 4x $70k and 4x of the $100k plus also the jackpot mtts.
  • not sure if they're worth it.........

for example:

Last night, played the $26 PLO 10K x 4 entries = total buyin $104

First two busted midway, 3rd one, a little short of the bubble....

There were 488 entries I think, 13-15 finishing spot paid $105......so you pretty much have to final table a tourney that size to make money...unless you cash more than one entry.

Playing the $10+r x 4 PLO today......think I'm in for about $200....need to make the final table to get reimbursed
  • meh, that's no different from playing that tournament four days in a row...

Might try this out later in the week, havn't bothered to yet
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    meh, that's no different from playing that tournament four days in a row...

Not quite.....you can final table 4 nights in a row........you can't this way, which, of course, is where the big payouts are.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    meh, that's no different from playing that tournament four days in a row...
    No, there's a huge difference. You maximize your ROI by playing four tournaments separately instead of four multiple entries in one tournament. For example, Phil Ivey can only win first place once with four multiple entries compared to winning the first prize up to four times separately.

Other important points:

- You lose EV when there is a merge of your chips.

- Unlike a rebuy tournament where 100% of your rebuy goes to the prize pool, FTP charges you the full rake every time you bust and decide to enter again. If you want to rebuy after you bust, play a rebuy tournament instead of a multiple-entry tournament (MET). A MET is actually a multiple-RAKE tournament where you will get raked to death up to four times instead of just once.

- FTP's METs, Rush Poker and other "innovations" are designed to squeeze the money from average or recreational players as fast as possible. Unlike live and other online sites where the average player's poker bankroll can last for quite awhile, they will go busto fastest on FTP.

- The most who will benefit from these multiple-rake tournaments are the FTP Red Pros and other winning sharks whose fourth entry can still be marginally +EV because of the fish paying for multiple -EV entries. The fish will lose more money faster.

- Because FTP is killing off the recreational fish much faster, it will need to keep growing its customer base faster than PokerStars and other sites.

Summary: FTP's MET, Rush Poker, cashout tournaments and other innovations are horribly -EV for most players.

P.S. Have fun anyway and good luck!
  • Actually it doesn't really matter, the larger the field the smaller the effect and anything above like 180 players you're rarely expected to final table multiple entries in four tries. Go about like 500 players and you won't even notice anymore, worst caste scenario you can still take 9th place and have a better shot at winning.

So what if you can't take 1st 2nd and 3rd, there's a little thing called varience in place to prevent that anyway. Only problem I see is as blondefish said with pro's killing the fish too fast leading to the mental perception that you're losing money faster leading to potentially fewer reloads and a less thriving poker economy
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Summary: FTP's MET, Rush Poker, cashout tournaments and other innovations are horribly -EV for most players.

P.S. Have fun anyway and good luck!

I was wondering about rush poker.

I really like rush poker. But I'm an action junkie. It has done wonders and horrors to my BR. in a week I hit hte final 4 persons 3 times in an on demand rush tournament. THen I proceded to lose about 50 of them.

Of the 1400 of winnings from Rush, I have about 700 left. Losing $700 in $12 tournies is harsh. (mind you I have played some $24 guarantees in there)

Am I retarded for playing these? Or can I actually find profit if I keep playing? Donkeys play these like super turbos. They 3bet/ship so light. I find that I'm often all-in pre flop with coin flipping/dominating hands a bunch of times before the 5th blind raise.

I am on a terrible run right now mind you. Can't win to save my life, no matter how bad I have them beat. I feel like my KK vs AJ is a coinflip at best for me these days. my KK vs 88 doesn't have a chance in hell it seems. Even flopped a diamond flush yesterday and lost to AA that didn't have a diamond. Good ol' runner runner perfect perfect.
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    I was wondering about rush poker.

I really like rush poker. But I'm an action junkie. It has done wonders and horrors to my BR. in a week I hit hte final 4 persons 3 times in an on demand rush tournament. THen I proceded to lose about 50 of them.

Of the 1400 of winnings from Rush, I have about 700 left. Losing $700 in $12 tournies is harsh. (mind you I have played some $24 guarantees in there)

Am I retarded for playing these? Or can I actually find profit if I keep playing? Donkeys play these like super turbos. They 3bet/ship so light. I find that I'm often all-in pre flop with coin flipping/dominating hands a bunch of times before the 5th blind raise.

I am on a terrible run right now mind you. Can't win to save my life, no matter how bad I have them beat. I feel like my KK vs AJ is a coinflip at best for me these days. my KK vs 88 doesn't have a chance in hell it seems. Even flopped a diamond flush yesterday and lost to AA that didn't have a diamond. Good ol' runner runner perfect perfect.

I feel your pain. I was crushing 45man SNGs for over a month, then all of a sudden, I can't win to save my life. There are couple of things you can do to minimize the impact it has on your bankroll and your sanity.

1. Take a break. No matter how well you think you are playing it has to affect you, even in ways you can't see initially.

2. Change the game you are playing. I switched to single table SNGs and heads up SNGs to reduce the variance and found that it helped maintain my bankroll while going through a slump.

3. Post those pivotal hands, that caused you to lose most of your chips, in the analysis section or even the bad beat section to see if you really did play the hand as well as you could have. Or even a different way to play them

Hope that helps, ride the wave and I'm sure you'll be back on top in no time.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I was crushing 45man SNGs for over a month, then all of a sudden, I can't win to save my life. There are couple of things you can do to minimize the impact it has on your bankroll and your sanity.

1. Take a break. No matter how well you think you are playing it has to affect you, even in ways you can't see initially.

2. Change the game you are playing. I switched to single table SNGs and heads up SNGs to reduce the variance and found that it helped maintain my bankroll while going through a slump.

3. Post those pivotal hands, that caused you to lose most of your chips, in the analysis section or even the bad beat section to see if you really did play the hand as well as you could have. Or even a different way to play them

Hope that helps, ride the wave and I'm sure you'll be back on top in no time.

Great advice, thanks!

45man SNGs I know will have a LOT less variance then my on demand rush tournaments. I expect to lose more times than win for sure, but its getting ridiculous. I thought the rush tournaments were good for me since I don't have HUD software, but I think this is a false reality.

Perhaps I'll see you in the 45man sngs!
    Thanks for the tips.
    Oh, Kitchen Sink anyone??? good ol rush super turbo multi-entry KO 6max guarantee tournaments.....
  • Sunday Brawl - $1.753 mil prize pool
    The 750k - $1.8 mil at tourney start
  • actyper wrote: »
    Sunday Brawl - $1.753 mil prize pool
    The 750k - $1.8 mil at tourney start

Ya I was just taking a looksie,lol

How have you guys been doing so far this week?
  • Almost $2.9 mil, thats insane. Busted in 160th for $1600ish.

As much as I hate this multi-entries, these prize pools are nuts.
  • I have to admit, I hated the concept of the multi entry, but if the fish are going to drop 4x the buyin and play just as bad in all four, then great. It just juices up the prize pool.

The only thing I am worried about is how long can the fish keep buying in. 'Cause they are going broke 4x faster.