Multiple Entry Tournaments

FTP has introduced multiple entry tournaments.

Not too sure what to make of them yet.

Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker - Tournaments: Multi-Entry Tournaments

Comments

• Love the merge entries... Not good I think, since I can't take down 1st, 2nd AND 3rd if I have 3 entries...:)
  • Hmm.....

I think they're either being hypocrites, or they should be refunding Moose.....

Mark
  • The most retarded thing about this is that several tournaments in the next ftops including the main event will be a multi entry one which heavily favours the big bankroll players.
  • Can't open the attachment at work, any chance someone can copy and paste it into this thread ?
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Can't open the attachment at work, any chance someone can copy and paste it into this thread ?

Give yourself multiple chances to make a big tournament score with Multi-Entry Tournaments, a unique tournament format exclusive to Full Tilt Poker.
    How it Works

Multi-Entry Tournaments allow you to register for the same tournament numerous times, meaning you can “multi-table” a single tournament!
    Each of your entries in a Multi-Entry Tournament will have its own chip stack and be dealt its own hand. You can register multiple entries at the same time, or use additional entries as a “second chance” if your first entry is eliminated from the tournament in the early stages of play.
    Your entries will always be seated at different tables, and if you have more entries than there are tables left in the tournament, two of your entries will be “merged” into one.
    Getting Started

Multi-Entry Tournaments are available in a variety of different tournament formats, including Rush Poker*, Knockout and Rebuy variants.
    To find a Multi-Entry Tournament, look for tournaments identified with the following icon in the game list:
    game-list.jpg
    Once you’ve found the tournament you’d like to play, open the tournament lobby and click the Register Now button. You can select the number of entries you’d like to register for the tournament in the buy-in screen:
    buy-in.jpg
    When the tournament starts, game play proceeds as it would in any standard tournament at Full Tilt Poker, except that you have more than one life to live!
    Keeping Track of Your Entries

While at the table, you can check the status of any of your entries by clicking the Tourney Info button:
    tourney-info.jpg
    Alternatively, you can open the tournament lobby and then check the “Show My Entrants” box above the player list to display only your entries for that tournament:
    show-my-entrants.jpg
    Entry Mergers

Because two of your entries cannot be seated at the same table, if you have more entries than there are tables left in the tournament, two of your entries will merge together. When an entry merger takes place, whichever entry is being moved from a broken table will be merged with your entry that has the smallest stack.
    For example, say you have three entries and there are three tables left in a Multi-Entry Tournament. One table breaks, so your entry from that table will merge with your entry with the smallest stack and the chips for both of those entries will be combined into one stack.
    Your avatar will flash “MERGE” to let you know when an entry merger takes place:
    merge.jpg
    A pop-up will also appear for all players seated at the table to inform them of the merger:
    merge-popup.jpg
    For more information on entry merger rules, and general Multi-Entry Tournament game play, please see the Multi-Entry Tournaments FAQ.
    If you like Multi-Entry Tournaments, be sure to check out our Tournaments page for a full list of tournament types offered at Full Tilt Poker.
  • This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. The entire point of a freeze out tournament is that you get one life, that's it. Now, I can see the MTT grinders buy multiple entries into a tournament so they can have a huge stack when they merge together at some point.

I hope a lot of players e-mail Full Tilt to get rid of this silly format.
  • I really dont like the gimmicks that FTP has rolled out in the past few years.

I tried to play an FTP session in Niagara and capped at 8 tables for a 90 minute registration window. Everything was Rush/Cashout, and now this.

They need to go back to basics imo and Im glad Stars is not going in the same directions.
  • actyper wrote: »
    The most retarded thing about this is that several tournaments in the next ftops including the main event will be a multi entry one which heavily favours the big bankroll players.

this.....I won't play any large buy-in with this format
  • I have already sent Full tilt support an email expressing my displeasure and I hope every one else does the same thing so they get rid of this ridiculous gimmick.

Anyone checked out 2+2 and some of the other forums to see what other players are saying ?
  • Not the on-line player that some hereabouts are, but even I can do the math:

3-7 players + 5-10 entries each + skype + chip-dumping + merge = EZ $$$
    I have already sent Full tilt support an email expressing my displeasure and I hope every one else does the same thing so they get rid of this ridiculous gimmick.

Anyone checked out 2+2 and some of the other forums to see what other players are saying ?

This is obv. a good gimmick for regs who are very good and will bust mediochre HS regs very quickly. Can you imagine Jymaster/Gboro/Bax etc getting multiple shots at the Brawl/750k? Rediculous.
  • When I clicked on this thread regarding "Multiple Entries" I hope for much more......
  • i'[FONT=&quot]l[/FONT][FONT=&quot]l probab[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ly try it out, but i definite[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ly don't agree with this format being added to FTOPS tournaments or anything [/FONT][FONT=&quot]like that.
    [/FONT]
  • WTF. Obviously favors the deep rolled players . Why not Just change everything to Re Buy
  • When I clicked on this thread regarding "Multiple Entries" I hope for much more......

Not sure I have the stroke to do this but POTD :)
  • There is hardly any of these tournies being offered at the moment. I wonder if full Tilt has received complaints about their new tournament idea ?
    There is hardly any of these tournies being offered at the moment. I wonder if full Tilt has received complaints about their new tournament idea ?

They are just trying them out for now. During Double Gtd week they will be running full tilt.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Not sure I have the stroke to do this but POTD :)

You don't, but I do!

POTD! Kristy would be proud :D
  • Am I reading this right...legitimate multi-accounting? Wow!
  • Trying one of these out....it's a $3 PLO, normally has 150-300 runners.....it's at 813 bi's.

Gotta tell ya, kinda like what I'm seeing. As I play mostly PLO, and it's hard to fill all open tables with PLO...........going to be alot easier now.
  • when you click on the tourney info tab, it shows all how all of your stacks are doing in that tourney
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Trying one of these out....it's a $3 PLO, normally has 150-300 runners.....it's at 813 bi's.

Gotta tell ya, kinda like what I'm seeing. As I play mostly PLO, and it's hard to fill all open tables with PLO...........going to be alot easier now.

Yeah, but then again we all knew this would favour the best player in each game lol
  • played the $3 PLO x 4 entries today........finished 202nd, 233rd, 240th & 1st

2 guys were close to having two stacks make the final table, but busted just shy (like 12th and 13th)

tourney had 400 entries, so the shitty part is, if I only cashed 1, had make 14th to break even.....lol

I'm still undecided on these
  • Why all the hate/puzzlement for Multi-Entry tournaments in this thread? I can see a lot of positives with these, especially for the lower limits where players are carelessly dumping their stacks treating the structure like a rebuy - which it certainly is not.

I have played a few already and cashed in a few as well. Simply put, treat each buy-in as a regular tournament buy-in and let the fools hand you their chips.

The fields for certain tournaments are exploding because of this structure, so to me that is great. For example, I usually play the 12:20AM 3KO where there might be 200 to 300 players. Full Tilt changed this tournament to ME format and I played it the other night with more than 4,000 entries!!! So you think Full Tilt is gonna step back because of silly complaints? No. Don't think so. It's great for them AND great for solid players as well.

If you don't want to play the massive fields, then stick to tournaments that are not ME.

I feel that next Big Little Tournament (ME format) will break the online record for entries.
  • Why all the hate/puzzlement for Multi-Entry tournaments in this thread? I can see a lot of positives with these, especially for the lower limits where players are carelessly dumping their stacks treating the structure like a rebuy - which it certainly is not.

I have played a few already and cashed in a few as well. Simply put, treat each buy-in as a regular tournament buy-in and let the fools hand you their chips.

The fields for certain tournaments are exploding because of this structure, so to me that is great. For example, I usually play the 12:20AM 3KO where there might be 200 to 300 players. Full Tilt changed this tournament to ME format and I played it the other night with more than 4,000 entries!!! So you think Full Tilt is gonna step back because of silly complaints? No. Don't think so. It's great for them AND great for solid players as well.

If you don't want to play the massive fields, then stick to tournaments that are not ME.

I feel that next Big Little Tournament (ME format) will break the online record for entries.

Personally, I like smaller field tournaments. I can't stay up until 3-4am to finish a tournament that started at 7pm. As for the multiple entries, I will play them but with a single entry, there seems to be no benefit to extra entries, other than to reduce variance but the chance of your entries getting merged are still a long shot with 4000 players in the field.

I also hate it when a site dictates that you have to play a certain format. Like double guarantee week that are all ME.
    Personally, I like smaller field tournaments. I can't stay up until 3-4am to finish a tournament that started at 7pm. As for the multiple entries, I will play them but with a single entry, there seems to be no benefit to extra entries, other than to reduce variance but the chance of your entries getting merged are still a long shot with 4000 players in the field.

I also hate it when a site dictates that you have to play a certain format. Like double guarantee week that are all ME.

There is still a lot of choice, so this is far from dictating what kind of tournaments you play in. I mean just look at the variety of tournament structures on the main page. Got to be at least 20 different structures there.

If you prefer smaller field MTTs I suggest you look into the 45, 90 or 180 seat sit and go tournaments. I have had a lot of success with those.
  • There is still a lot of choice, so this is far from dictating what kind of tournaments you play in. I mean just look at the variety of tournament structures on the main page. Got to be at least 20 different structures there.

If you prefer smaller field MTTs I suggest you look into the 45, 90 or 180 seat sit and go tournaments. I have had a lot of success with those.

LOL, you may want to check out my thread where I'm being staked - its called duffer's update thread, in the online section. That's been my main game (45man SNGs, $11) and I have been crushing them now for about a month, love 'em.
  • Curious, Is your screen name Turtleknife on Full tilt ? If so, I get your newsletter from SNG planet all the time. Love your videos too. How did you hear about Pokerforum.ca ?
  • Just found out my buddy double final tabled the sunday 50me. Got auto 9th and had his stack grow to 1st with over 2mil chips. Finished in 5th though. 50k guaranteed ended up being over $150k pool
    LOL, you may want to check out my thread where I'm being staked - its called duffer's update thread, in the online section. That's been my main game (45man SNGs, $11) and I have been crushing them now for about a month, love 'em.

Ahhh then we are agreed. There is no problem with ME structure and FT is providing a lot of creative ways to make money for themselves and soldi players. :)

And yes, it is me ... Turtleknife on FT and Youtube.