just got home

Well I must say it was an interesting week. I found out it doesn't matter the cost of the tournament u can still lose your stack just as easy in a 1.40 buy in as in. 1000 or 2500 buy in. I also learned that no matter how good I think I am skill will only take u so far. Especially at the beginning of a tournament.

Shar and I had a nice breakfast with Al and Dave. Then came to TO for her flight home. She is in the air as I type and was so glad to see so many of you all.

I am more determined than ever. I will have a 5 figure score this year and I will make the money next year at Fallsview.

Prophet :2h :2s

Comments

• Great time at breakfast today. I can't believe how long we were there and how fast the time went. It was a great pleasure meeting Shar and I am already looking forward to her next visit.:)
  • I also learned that no matter how good I think I am skill will only take u so far. Especially at the beginning of a tournament.

I think you have this backwards. The luck comes in at the END of a tournament. Accumulating chips while simultaneously maintaining tournament life is the key to marathon tournaments.

Im not great at giving strategy advice, but Ive played with you. You're a homerun hitter. For every time you hit a homerun youre going to strike out swinging 3 times. Its extremely high variance, and could be potentially very frustrating for you long term.

When you play 100-200bb tournament poker its very rarely proper to get your stack in on an individual hand.

Go back and review youre hands that you busted or lost most of your stack and ask yourself?

Did I have the nuts? The second nuts? Of all the streets how much money did I get in ahead, and how much behind?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Im not great at giving strategy advice, but Ive played with you. You're a homerun hitter. For every time you hit a homerun youre going to strike out swinging 3 times.

Wetts was obviously sitting by our table at breakfast. This is exactly how we all fell about Brent's play. Probably makes him take it to heart when he hears it from you though Wetts. And congrats on your finish.