heads up

Comments

• these hands posted are a bit of a joke. if you're 3bet folding A9s with 21 BB's effective you just suck. 3 bet call is fine vs close to anyone and shove is fine to. I don't see why you're asking questions you already know the answer to
  • People had bad day I see.

Nothing wrong with double checking.

Like come on u 2 should know that.
  • you don't really need to doublecheck this stuff, A9s is the nuts heads up with this stack and the Q10 hand you already know, you shouldn't have to secondguess yourself
  • lol ya you should! You have done it yourself plenty of times on here alone.

1) I did not post just for myself.

2) If you don't double check etc etc how do you know if what your doing is wrong and your just not aware of it.

Their is not 1 good reason to even argue this.
  • replace Q10o with 95o and A9s with K8o and then we can talk. I mean you do claim to be a goodish player and you post the hands you just did. That's why people havn't taken you seriously in this thread
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    replace Q10o with 95o and A9s with K8o and then we can talk. I mean you do claim to be a goodish player and you post the hands you just did. That's why people havn't taken you seriously in this thread

What thread are you reading?

Again there is nothing wrong with posting any of those hands or any hands really, I got serious answers from BTP, Vekked and darbday which helped me more than you know or obviously understand.

I got to talk poker with these guys so right there it's a win, also with a few more sng players on this forum now any talk is beneficial to all.:)
    these hands posted are a bit of a joke. if you're 3bet folding A9s with 21 BB's effective you just suck. 3 bet call is fine vs close to anyone and shove is fine to. I don't see why you're asking questions you already know the answer to
    ya i gotta defend this again, and say we can't rip on people for posting questions....ive literally had at least 3 people pm to tell me they are too intimidated to post hh's on this site.....

phily wasn't going to 3bet fold this as far as i understood it....i implied it because i wanted to give a reason to flat which i thought was better...

what i don't understand...is how 2 middle level players come on (after 2 players that blow their game out of the water responded to the question) and rip on a guy for asking questions ....then can't understand why this guy doesn't know the answer to them ......
    replace Q10o with 95o and A9s with K8o and then we can talk. I mean you do claim to be a goodish player and you post the hands you just did. That's why people havn't taken you seriously in this thread
    weird becasue vekked btp and me just took him serious ???
  • Just a fyi, no I did not 3bet fold this hand, even though above I said I would against this player as I had good reads on him and possibly could have chipped away at him, I did 3 bet shove and he called and had 66, as usual I did not hit.

But to know you did the right thing is a huge boost even if the hand is "basic".:)
  • yeah i mean there was def a point where I was hesistant to post HHs here. I would look them over for a while to make sure there was nothing I thought I would get "ripped" over. It def shouldnt be that way if we want this site to grow at all. I really havent posted many HHs, but now im usually just too lazy to convert and post em unless something is bugging me. :D

This thread to be honest isnt that bad. IMO if you feel it is that bad, then move along. Maybe dont open strat threads from that user anymore. I dont know. But bashing someone who is trying to learn is kinda counterproductive to what we all are trying to do here.
  • the problem I have with this thread is not that he doesn't know the answers to the questions he's asking, that's a given. I mean, he may be 95% sure that Q10 is a correct shove but if he actually knew that it was he shouldn't really have to ask.

My problem with this thread is that it takes learning and turns it backwards, by making this type of threads he'll never truly improve his understanding. Take the first hand cause it's the more obvious example

Basically the question asked was the following

"I have this hand, and this stack, I feel like my options are to either push, or fold, which choice is better?"

While answering this question may reinforce the fact that he made the correct play it's not appropriate for learning how to play poke. What would be a good question when trying to learn is either

"I have this hand, and I feel like my only two choices are to push or to fold. Which stacks should I push, and which stacks should I fold?"

or

"I have this stack, and I feel like my only two choices are to push or to fold. Which hands should I push, and which hands should I fold?"

Those questions are super relevant and I don't think anyone would ever give negative feedback to someone who's asking dynamic rather than static questions. It's the whole give a man a fish saying. I just don't like to encourage unhealthy poker mentality just like I don't like to encourage the "I play good but my hands can't hold up to save my life mentality" since it'll offer some twisted shortterm sense of "keep going, you're doing fine" while it's actually eating away at you piece by piece from the inside

I'm not implying anyone is unskilled now but this could be an interesting read that will apply to so many poor players out there link

To summarize I don't have a problem with someone cause they lack knowledge, I have a problem with someone or some thread because it goes about learning and improving and analysing in a way that in my opinion isn't optimal
    the problem I have with this thread is not that he doesn't know the answers to the questions he's asking, that's a given. I mean, he may be 95% sure that Q10 is a correct shove but if he actually knew that it was he shouldn't really have to ask.

My problem with this thread is that it takes learning and turns it backwards, by making this type of threads he'll never truly improve his understanding. Take the first hand cause it's the more obvious example

"I have this hand, and this stack, I feel like my options are to either push, or fold, which choice is better?"

While answering this question may reinforce the fact that he made the correct play it's not appropriate for learning how to play poke. What would be a good question when trying to learn is either

"I have this hand, and I feel like my only two choices are to push or to fold. Which stacks should I push, and which stacks should I fold?"

or

"I have this stack, and I feel like my only two choices are to push or to fold. Which hands should I push, and which hands should I fold?"

Those questions are super relevant and I don't think anyone would ever give negative feedback to someone who's asking dynamic rather than static questions. It's the whole give a man a fish saying. I just don't like to encourage unhealthy poker mentality just like I don't like to encourage the "I play good but my hands can't hold up to save my life mentality" since it'll offer some twisted shortterm sense of "keep going, you're doing fine" while it's actually eating away at you piece by piece from the inside

I'm not implying anyone is unskilled now but this could be an interesting read that will apply to so many poor players out there link

To summarize I don't have a problem with someone cause they lack knowledge, I have a problem with someone or some thread because it goes about learning and improving and analysing in a way that in my opinion isn't optimal
    way better!
  • Well my questions got answered by the posters I mentioned, my goal right now is to try anything to boost overall profits and heads up is 1 area for me is where their are issues I feel.

So I am happy.:)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Well my questions got answered by the posters I mentioned, my goal right now is to try anything to boost overall profits and heads up is 1 area for me is where their are issues I feel.

So I am happy.:)

shouldn't this mean you're not happy with just answering these static questions? <.<

This feels a lot like the problem I have with this thread
    the problem I have with this thread is not that he doesn't know the answers to the questions he's asking, that's a given. I mean, he may be 95% sure that Q10 is a correct shove but if he actually knew that it was he shouldn't really have to ask.

or

His OP is a gateway that leads to these questions. As you can see in the thread, talk about stack sizes did occur
  • His OP is a gateway that leads to these questions. As you can see in the thread, talk about stack sizes did occur

If this is a gateway thread...I'm scared to see what it is leading towards:)
  • GTA Poker wrote: »

rebeccablack.jpg?

crack? or is crystal meth the preference these days?
  • His OP is a gateway that leads to these questions. As you can see in the thread, talk about stack sizes did occur

there are too many bad turns along the way. his read with a9s was "he's minraising wide, earlier he minraised k6 and I called with k8 with get to where my stack is now" aka a standard read followed by an irrelivant example. I don't like gateways that operates with these kinds of premises. I'd rather the gateway crumbled and we could get a platform to get down to buisness
    there are too many bad turns along the way. his read with a9s was "he's minraising wide, earlier he minraised k6 and I called with k8 with get to where my stack is now" aka a standard read followed by an irrelivant example. I don't like gateways that operates with these kinds of premises. I'd rather the gateway crumbled and we could get a platform to get down to buisness

So you would rather put people down about posting hands on a forum where activity isn't at its highest? Seems wise
  • HAHA guys, deep thinking ITT.:wink2:.

I will try sage a lil more but it has not worked so far for me, I just got another 2nd place it was a race both times with the same hand:o so I guess I won't post those.:p

But it was fun knocking out 4 people in a row.:)

sorry rich, but i'd have to agree with the others. your point seems to be that if the original question isn't phrased in the way you see proper, there's no point to trying to help the person asking it. that doesn't seem to be the best approach.
  • I'm all for discussing hands and asking questions...my issue/frustration is with people that refuse to learn. I would consider sngs one of the forms of "poker" that is mostly solved. Not knowing a push/fold range for given stack sizes HU after playing them seriously for more than a few months (being generous as I would learn this in a few days if I chose to grind sngs) is a gargantuan leak.
    I'm all for discussing hands and asking questions...my issue/frustration is with people that refuse to learn. I would consider sngs one of the forms of "poker" that is mostly solved. Not knowing a push/fold range for given stack sizes HU after playing them seriously for more than a few months (being generous as I would learn this in a few days if I chose to grind sngs) is a gargantuan leak.

completely understandable. however, you can choose not to comment/read the thread as opposed to insulting the poster and not helping to answer the original question.
  • trigs wrote: »
    completely understandable. however, you can choose not to comment/read the thread as opposed to insulting the poster and not helping to answer the original question.

Well, IMO telling OP to study is being helpful...if someone told me there was some great resource to increase my hourly rate I would be all over it. Give a fish vs teach to fish, no?
  • I don't really see how my point was lost but as GTA said OP isn't really trying to learn. If that's the quality of the posts I don't mind calling a thread pointless if people are just looking fo a pat on the back and a "you did the right thing, that's unlucky"

if my opinion matters enough to make people not want to post threads then maybe they'll listen to my advice, if not they'll probably not care about my critizism
    Well, IMO telling OP to study is being helpful

in general, yes. in practical terms, saying this can come as being insulting quite easily despite any truth in it.
    Richard~ wrote: »
    if my opinion matters enough to make people not want to post threads then maybe they'll listen to my advice, if not they'll probably not care about my critizism

i'll help you with this one. they don't care about your criticism at all. not one bit. as you can see, some others who were trying to help also don't care about your criticism. we only care about your constructive criticism. i think that was the point others were trying to make.
    I don't really see how my point was lost but as GTA said OP isn't really trying to learn. If that's the quality of the posts I don't mind calling a thread pointless if people are just looking fo a pat on the back and a "you did the right thing, that's unlucky"

That was not the point of it at all, that's what you think it is, same with GTA, you think 1 thing but when people try and say it's not you just keep thinking and saying the same thing.

If I did not want to learn, I would not ask, yes I want to know if I played the hand right, like I said, I am just trying to improve heads up somehow as I don't like all the 2nd's I am getting.

It is a area where I have not had much practice on really.

I can say the same to you Rich when you finish in the same spot every mtt you final table, would you not like to figure out how to get even deeper and maybe win it instead of finishing like 6th place all the time?

Maybe you are partly right as you do feel confused if time after time of opponents hitting their cards and not winning races right? I want to get out of the confused area and make sure I am doing things right, if that means posting a basic hand and looking like a "pat on the back" so be it.

I don't play everyday or close together like when I 1st started, I have had to go weeks to months without playing over the years, but I am trying to get more volume in close together now so I don't feel like I forget how to play.

I am just tired of the bubble's and 2nd places, I want to ram up the profits that I made on every site I played at last year.

All I am doing is trying to show enthusiasm for the game and trying to stay positive, so what if I post 1sts or a game went well or I get excited about going deep in a mtt or final tabling it, posting hands etc etc, it's showing love for the game in my books.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    That was not the point of it at all, that's what you think it is, same with GTA, you think 1 thing but when people try and say it's not you just keep thinking and saying the same thing.

If I did not want to learn, I would not ask, yes I want to know if I played the hand right, like I said, I am just trying to improve heads up somehow as I don't like all the 2nd's I am getting.

It is a area where I have not had much practice on really.

I can say the same to you Rich when you finish in the same spot every mtt you final table, would you not like to figure out how to get even deeper and maybe win it instead of finishing like 6th place all the time?

Maybe you are partly right as you do feel confused if time after time of opponents hitting their cards and not winning races right? I want to get out of the confused area and make sure I am doing things right, if that means posting a basic hand and looking like a "pat on the back" so be it.

I don't play everyday or close together like when I 1st started, I have had to go weeks to months without playing over the years, but I am trying to get more volume in close together now so I don't feel like I forget how to play.

I am just tired of the bubble's and 2nd places, I want to ram up the profits that I made on every site I played at last year.

hey it was me who got 6th like 6 times in a row :( lol
  • hey it was me who got 6th like 6 times in a row :( lol

:wink2:.