World Junior Hockey

On TSN2 now, last exhibition game vs Finland.. So who's pumped for this tourney? Opening game for Canada boxing day vs Russia...

Comments

• I have to tip my hat to these kids and coaches who give up there Christmas usually far far away to represent their Country.
    It's a great tournament and probably the best hockey we will see with a leaf on the jersey.
    Kudos boys and GET ER DONE................................
  • The WJs is always my favourite tournament to watch. These kids play with everything they have to give! Always makes for great hockey.

It helps that we dominate every year too.
  • I was at the game tonight vs Finland, it was a great game to watch. Canada is going to be in tough this tourney. They need to be very physical without taking penalties and capitalize on their PP chances. If they can do that consistently they should make the gold medal game but winning the final game will be very tough I suspect. They just don't have the flashy scorers of previous years. Hope they can pull it off!
  • Yanks are the only team we may have trouble with. 9 Players returning from last years Gold medal team
  • As of right now I will be in buffalo to watch the games on New years eve!

Come home from Vegas and head to buffalo! lol
  • Fifteen minutes till the tourney starts for Canada and I am pumped.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Fifteen minutes till the tourney starts for Canada and I am pumped.

Weeeeeeeeeeee
  • 1-1 at the end of 1 if it was not for BOBKOV the score could easily be 6 or 7 -1
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    2-1baby

Well that was short-lived :(
  • the boys are lookin good in the 3rd!
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    the boys are lookin good in the 3rd!

Finally!!!

6-3 :)
  • Defense needs a little bit of work but other than that.
    Russians too many stoopid penalties lmao.
    Nice job boys.
  • Canada is a very good team along the boards. The defense will get better as the tournament goes on.
  • Oh I have no doubt abut that.
  • Anybody watching this game? Did you see that HORSE SHIT CALL 5 mins into the second.
    really hasn't hurt us 5-1 at the end of 2.
  • CANADA AND THE US TONIGHT! 7:30 I believe .
    Russia and Sweden are playing now .
  • Bring on the Russians . . . too bad they could not get the kid his shut-out, though.

They totally outworked and outclassed the USA tonight.
  • Proud of the Boys. they played a great game. Hopefully will have no problem taking it down against the Russians.

Jack Campbell. (USA Goalie) Played great too. Wasn't for him the score would have been a lot worse.
  • In all the years I have been watching Canada play in this tournament, that was the best game I have ever seen them play. They totally dominated a very good American team. If they play with the same intensity against the Russians, they will hammer them.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    In all the years I have been watching Canada play in this tournament, that was the best game I have ever seen them play. They totally dominated a very good American team. If they play with the same intensity against the Russians, they will hammer them.

Don't think there will be too much trouble there Dave. I think The Canadians still stinging after last years loss and the fact the Americans were singing a silly song in there dressing room that ended with the words WE KICKED THEIR ASSES was part of last nights motivation. National Pride too.
    I really don't think the Russians are the Hockey Super Power they once were.
    You just have to look back to last years Olympics and the game against Canada.
    The Juniors have never been that strong.
    The game against Sweden brought them back to reality. It was a major wake up call for sure.
    I would agree with you on the point that last night was the best Hockey game I have seen in quite awhile.
  • The Russians are getting more dangerous as this goes on. If you saw their QF against Finland or the SF against Sweden, they made nice comebacks when it seemed they were dead. Canada cannot underestimate them. It will be hard for Canada to play as well as they did last night, that was close to the perfect game.
  • BrennerM wrote: »
    The Russians are getting more dangerous as this goes on. If you saw their QF against Finland or the SF against Sweden, they made nice comebacks when it seemed they were dead. Canada cannot underestimate them. It will be hard for Canada to play as well as they did last night, that was close to the perfect game.

I agree 100%. Anything can happen in a single game elimination. The Russians are never a push over and they have also been getting stronger as the tournament has gone on. Should be a great game.
  • Somebody forgot to tell the kids that hockey is played for 60 minutes. They came out flat in the third, when they should have kept the hammer down, and let the Russians back into the game. The second goal, so quickly after the first, was the back-breaker. If they could have gotten a goal, they might have been able to ride it out, as they seemed to pick up the effort again after that.

C'est la vie . . .
  • Fell asleep after 1st period . Woke up to this. OMFG :confused:
  • Who knew the whole leafs team played as the junior's team also.

(AKA CHOKE like the leafs,lol)
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Fell asleep after 1st period . Woke up to this. OMFG :confused:

The team made it one period longer than you then.

That was fucking awful. Can't believe I'm going to agree with Philli but that was the choke of all chokes.

They played a near flawless game against the Americans and 2 good if unspectacular periods tonight and then absolutely shit the bed. That is what happens when a team goes out "not to lose" instead of trying to win.

How do you stop doing everything you did for the whole tournament when it matters most?!?!
  • Canada shit the bed.

Plain and simple.
  • I blame Buffalo.
  • Too bad. Six straight periods of great hockey, then they fell apart. Russians sure moved the puck well when they were given the time.