ITT we post the best Christmas presents we got as a kid

I know for compuease it was probably frankincense. :D

For me, being a nerd.

773052449_f4378e0250_z.jpg

I actually still have it.

Comments

• What is that? A bomb kit? And people wonder why you couldn't get across the boarder :)

Seriously, wtf is that thing?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    What is that? A bomb kit? And people wonder why you couldn't get across the boarder :)

Seriously, wtf is that thing?

It's a project kit. You wire different electronic devices together.

radio, solar device, timers, amps (shit like that)
  • SSP Smash up Derby cars (remember them???) and a hugh slot car racing set
  • CdnVet0506 wrote: »
    SSP Smash up Derby cars (remember them???)

Sure do. They were awesome.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    It's a project kit. You wire different electronic devices together.

radio, solar device, timers, amps (shit like that)

wow, that's nerdy. I'm very impressed!

I mostly got crappy clothes or cool toys that I promptly broke.
  • This one I remember well.. And I never shot my eye out...

I also had electronic kits like Hobbes remembers... In my later teenage years it was heathkits. I remember a oscilloscope I built from a kit like this as well.
    SSP Smash up Derby cars (remember them???) and a hugh slot car racing set

Come on little Bug 'em, you can get it done . . . CRASH, BANG, SMASH 'em up!!! Smash Up Derby is FUN !!!

Not my favourite, but I got them one year, too. My favourite was probably the Military Meccano Set. You could build up to 4 separate vehicles at once, and up to 2 dozen different vehicles in total.

Meccano was the BEST.

I also remember one year, where I guessed every present before I opened them.
  • I would go with my Washington Redskins Starter jacket I got one year. It was one of those things you "had to have if you were going to be popular" (yet I still kinda failed that). My parents, being hilarious, would always try to mess with us in how they wrapped our presents. So I open up this big present that looks like it might be a jacket. I'm uber excited, tear it open and...

There's my dad's rain gear. Wow, what a letdown. I actually held it together pretty well. My dad said "we couldn't get you that jacket you wanted, it was too much" as I'm holding this bright yellow monstrosity and I notice it's a little thick. I grab the bottom of it and say "is this the liner?" and pull out the Starter jacket my parents had jammed inside the rain gear and...

fall ass backwards over the rocking chair and onto my shoulders for my first perfect back bump :)
  • Best Christmas gift ever pictured below. Best part was, Christmas Eve my Mom says we kids have 30 seconds to find a gift under the tree, if it is for us, we can open it. I grab this one and shake it and can tell immediately what it is. Mom wouldn't let me open it until the next morning.
  • The gift I remember best was a Lego internal combustion engine. Hundreds of parts and once built, you turned a crank and the pistons actually went up and down. Looked for a picture online but couldn't find the exact one. Not sure that was my "best gift" but for some reason it stands out in my memory, probably because it took forever to build correctly.

How geeky am I? I had a friend who had one of those electronic kits and I coveted it, but never got one myself. My parents were probably scared I would build a robot that would take over the world or something!
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Best Christmas gift ever pictured below. Best part was, Christmas Eve my Mom says we kids have 30 seconds to find a gift under the tree, if it is for us, we can open it. I grab this one and shake it and can tell immediately what it is. Mom wouldn't let me open it until the next morning.

Ooh I had that kit. Space Lego was the best.

I remember getting a swiss army knife for Christmas which I then started using for opening all the other presents. At which point, I drove the blade into my thumb. I still have the indent on my thumb from the scar because no way was I going to spend Christmas in the E-room getting stitches.

I have no idea what was in these boxes but this picture just says 'Christmas' to me.

scan0001.jpg
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I know for compuease it was probably frankincense. :D

For me, being a nerd.

773052449_f4378e0250_z.jpg

I actually still have it.

OMGOMGOMG!!

I had one of those too! I think it may still be stuck in a corner somewhere. LOVED IT!

Some of my favourites were the game Simon, when I got my first Habs jersey (Lafleur #10) and my mind was completely blown the Christmas night that we could play Pong.....at home.....on our TV! God I wish I still had that game console.
  • I was a videogame junkie at the age of 10 and just couldn't put this thing away! I also had Frogger and Pacman.

Coleco-Galaxian.jpg

This was always welcome under the christmas tree too. I had a couple of cousins my age and many hours were spent with it

%21B2mdVy%21%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqR,%21j%21E%29sHLVSl9BMjN1kecN%21%7E%7E_3.JPG

I will never forget Hugo and the sticky glue :-)
    hugo.jpg

this was a ton of fun until the syrup started to leak out

sarmstrong.jpg
  • I remember this remote control helicopter that was on a cord and went in circles. Been looking for one for years but all the new ones are regular remote control helicoptors. My kids would love it if I could track it down.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    This was always welcome under the christmas tree too. I had a couple of cousins my age and many hours were spent with it

%21B2mdVy%21%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqR,%21j%21E%29sHLVSl9BMjN1kecN%21%7E%7E_3.JPG

Table top hockey was one of my favourites too. Still have the miniature Stanley Cup that came with my first one:)
    Table top hockey was one of my favourites too. Still have the miniature Stanley Cup that came with my first one:)

That's an oldie, too, based on the logos . . .
    Nordiques
    Jets
    Whalers
    North Stars
  • 8 pce Slingerland Drum set when I was 7. Drove the Parents Nutz.
  • Nintendo Entertainment System Action Set
  • The best Christmas gift i got was for the Christmas that i was 10 years old. I grew up just outside of Tottenham, and we had 10 acres of land.

xr80_83.jpg

I had one of these a long time ago. It had Glass around the end boards and you had to use batteries but the goal lights came on when the puck went into the net.
    Scoreboard at center was arched across the playing surface and you would drop the puck in a slot and it would come out and drop right on the face off dot.

This one is probably late seventies when the NHL swallowed up the WHA.

Another great thing My brother and I had received for Christmas was HOT WHEELS.
    We had 4 or 5 of those power houses and a million miles of track, lol
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    The best Christmas gift i got was for the Christmas that i was 10 years old. I grew up just outside of Tottenham, and we had 10 acres of land.

xr80_83.jpg

That's bitchin!
  • I hate Christmas, everybody gives you a shitty tie with an "Oh, this is your Christmas AND Birthday Present"

Cheap bastards, I mean Dad-dammit..would it kill them to put a little effort in?
  • Most of you know that I am a big Leafs fan.
    Story goes like this. Walking boss comes out to pick me up at Carlingview Golf Club or whatever the course is called . Labour day weekend. She walks into the club house while I am looking at a MAPLE LEAFS golf bag.
    "You like that bag don't you.?"
    Maybe I will come back and get 1 when your brother comes at Thanksgiving.
    I wanted to see the look on the old Bruins Fan face when I got it.
    Thanksgiving rolled around and true to my word i went to play golf and with my Bro In Law I was going to buy the bag.
    None left.
    WELL FML .
    Christmas morning. My wife gave me the last present under the tree.
    I opened it. A relly nice Golf shirt from said club and a note to go upstairs and check the main bathroom.
    I get upstairs and walk in. Tub shower curtain is closed and I open it.
    There's my Maple Leafs Golf bag.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Most of you know that I am a big Leafs fan.
    Story goes like this. Walking boss comes out to pick me up at Carlingview Golf Club or whatever the course is called . Labour day weekend. She walks into the club house while I am looking at a MAPLE LEAFS golf bag.
    "You like that bag don't you.?"
    Maybe I will come back and get 1 when your brother comes at Thanksgiving.
    I wanted to see the look on the old Bruins Fan face when I got it.
    Thanksgiving rolled around and true to my word i went to play golf and with my Bro In Law I was going to buy the bag.
    None left.
    WELL FML .
    Christmas morning. My wife gave me the last present under the tree.
    I opened it. A relly nice Golf shirt from said club and a note to go upstairs and check the main bathroom.
    I get upstairs and walk in. Tub shower curtain is closed and I open it.
    There's my Maple Leafs Golf bag.

If this story ended with a hummer it would be the best!
  • 800OVER wrote: »

No comment . ;)

Isn't that best way to end any story?

If HVEE is giving his "wife" a hummer, then I am invoking "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" on this Forum as of NOW.
  • Milo wrote: »
    If HVEE is giving his "wife" a hummer, then I am invoking "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" on this Forum as of NOW.

Too late. That law has been repealed.
  • Jesus wrote: »
    I hate Christmas, everybody gives you a shitty tie with an "Oh, this is your Christmas AND Birthday Present"

Cheap bastards, I mean Dad-dammit..would it kill them to put a little effort in?

This thread is all wrong. YOU are the greatest gift.

kitty-loves-jesus-lol-cats-9712468-500-375.jpg
  • Milo wrote: »

PIG lol this is getting really silly don't ya know