My LOL of the day

Health group, California mother sue McDonald's over Happy Meal toys - Yahoo! Canada Finance

So basically they are suing because of their inability to say no to their children because I don't see a lot of 5 year olds swinging through the drive thru to pick up their Happy Meal.

Comments

• Typically hippy BS. The CSPI is one of the most agenda driven BS organizations you will ever find. I am surprised they can spell "science" because most of their proposals have little to do with the subject whatsoever.

A reasonable Judge would look at this case and say GFY . . . so naturally they'll win a huge settlement.
  • Seriously? Wow.

Does this woman not know that you can go in and buy the toy seperate and create your own "meal". Get your kid a juice and a salad and throw in a toy.

This is just as retarded as the parents trying to get Maple Leaf to take the KitKats/Nerds/Treat out of the Lunchables. Never mind the fact that these particular products are already full of preservatives....their argument for this was that it could cause the kids to be beaten up for their treat!

:bs:

They just want to make sure kids have the most boring childhood ever....

Learn to do your job as a parent and teach your children about making healthy choices and more importantly moderation. No need to make everyone do without because you are a moron.

~Bread and water for ALL!!!~

Thanks for the lol Moose!

~Shar
  • I wuv you . . . :D
  • Actually...

There is some merit to this, as it's classic Pavlovian conditioning, you're associating something that kids like (toys) with a certain brand / type of food (burgers / fries). This association can manifest even without eating the food. Commercials with the toys being played with and then displaying the food can do it alone.

It's about the equivalent as to why there are no ugly people wearing watches in watch commercials, or hell, the new old spice commercial (which btw, boosted the sales of Old Spice > 100%). And I didn't play with the debonair e black guy at all.

Mark
  • I think advertising determines how people decide weather or not they are going to either shop in a certain store or eat in certain restaraunts.

Personally even though I am a Timmies addict I find their ads totally retarded.
    eg. The Wheel of Donuts. Totally make me want to puke.

The one i found the most annoying where if I were sitting beside this guy on an airplane i would kick the Living Shit out of him is the bespectacled moron whom is AVIONING. RBC Visa card.
  • aaah but you see, you would never be behind him . . . unless we're talking 3 levels of comfort behind . . . he is Avioning after all.

Why is it you have to explain this stuff to the peasants?
  • Nothing of what either of you two just said makes any sense.

Please stop.

Mark
  • Sorry, but I morning texture counterpoint afterthought that you crumb work cheese overwhelming . . .
  • Probably because the Dutch make an excellent cheese.
    My next Question is Who in the HELL is Jerry the fricking BEER ADVISOR?