Dexter Finale?

What did everyone think? What is in store for the next ( and final ) season?

Comments

• He kills his (soon to be ex-) wife?
  • JtotheLew wrote: »
    What did everyone think? What is in store for the next ( and final ) season?

Lame!! Expected so much more. Looked like the writers had no clue how to end it well and gave up.

Next season? Deb actually witnesses Dexter offing some low life...and accepts it.
  • I had expected the killing of his wife to be part of the story line for this season. That's the end of it?? Trinity killer was responsible with no angle? Was disappointed by Season 5.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I had expected the killing of his wife to be part of the story line for this season. That's the end of it?? Trinity killer was responsible with no angle? Was disappointed by Season 5.

I actually think this was the best season yet, I knew Julia styles couldn't hang around for another season. I expect season 6 will be the last of it sadly, we'll see what it brings.
  • I agree with Sloth, I really enjoyed this season. I feel it ranks up there with season 1 and was almost as good as last year.
  • Anyone watch this season's finale? not sure what direction the show will go now? was kind of disappointed by Season 6. Pretty choppy.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Anyone watch this season's finale? not sure what direction the show will go now? was kind of disappointed by Season 6. Pretty choppy.

Overall, this season ended with disappointment. At first, I thought this would have been a much better season than last, but unfortunately, once again, I think they kind of lost scope of HOW to end it. Presenting EJO as nothing but a figment of imagination was predictable, and done WAY too early in the season. Not sure if I like the risk taken with Harrison this season either.

The religious context throughout the season was pretty good though. God vs Evil, and I like the way it misskewed the concept of religion when taken to the extreme. Is Evil still evil if done in the name of God??

Now, Deb's dilemmas are going be what carries the next and final two seasons, and it will be interesting to see where it goes and how it all finally ends in the finale. I AM curious how Quinn is going to be written up like as well as he battles his own demons.

Overall, disappointing season finale after such a promising start. But depending on who writes the next two final seasons, I'm hoping this series ends more promising.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Lame!! Expected so much more. Looked like the writers had no clue how to end it well and gave up.

Next season? Deb actually witnesses Dexter offing some low life...and accepts it.

THIS. I can't believe some of you enjoyed this season. The writing is horrible, and everything has become so predictable (ex: ddk professor being dead already).

It sucks because the first couple seasons of this show were amazing.
  • I definitely wasn't as pumped to see a new episode each week like last season. The writing did seem tired or something.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    THIS. I can't believe some of you enjoyed this season. The writing is horrible, and everything has become so predictable (ex: ddk professor being dead already).

It sucks because the first couple seasons of this show were amazing.

What they really need to do is bring back doakes from the dead!
  • Agreed... It was a bad season when you compare it to past years. The shows did not flow well and the story lines were pretty thin for such a good show. For the finale, only the last 2 minutes were of any interest.

I think the best episode this year was the "Nebraska" one, not from a story progression perspective, but how you got to see the bad side of Dexter when his brother influenced him....
  • I think the best episode this year was the "Nebraska" one, not from a story progression perspective, but how you got to see the bad side of Dexter when his brother influenced him....

While I agree with you, I don't think that episode had any right in this season. Totally disconnected the entire season imo. It was a good episode, but didn't need to be injected.
  • Season was meh, but not the worst season yet.

Interesting dilemma for next season with deb/dex though, should be good.
    The religious context throughout the season was pretty good though. God vs Evil,

Did you notice what the Dexter's last words were when he saw Deb at the end?

"Oh God."
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Season was meh, but not the worst season yet.

Interesting dilemma for next season with deb/dex though, should be good.

What's with all the Incest on HBO/Showtime this year? First Jimmy Darmady (sp) on Boardwalk and now Deb has one on for her Brother (step, of course-but still...)

Its a toss up between last season and this one, but i think this one was the worst. It just seemed tired. Like everyone from the writers to the actors mailed it in.
  • New season starts tonight! 9pmest.
  • I watched the pilot a month back or so.

it was ok.

Dexter is an odd fellow.. someone incapable of emotion, of love, hate.. but is going around killing bad people?
  • Your description is basically, in a nutshell, the definition of psychopathy. People are objects to psychopaths. You have no more value than a lampshade.

In this case, he just chose to kill other serial killers.

Keep watching. Great show, if you're into that kind of thing.
  • thoughts on opening show? final scene another day dream?
  • Kind of weak I thought, but with some good potential for the season. Guess we'll have to wait to see how fast it develops over the next 12 weeks.

If its a daydream, I'll simply stop watching. That is just too weak these days.
    I'll simply stop watching.

sure you will.