Lou Marsh Award

The Lou Marsh Award is annually given to Canada's Athlete of the Year. So, who should win it in 2010? Some of the notables mentioned include the following:

Jonathan Toews - Stanley Cup winner, Conn Smythe trophy winner, MVP for the Gold Medal winning hockey team at the Olympics.

Sidney Crosby - Gold Medal winning goal at the Olympics, currently making goalies tremble in fear this season in the NHL.

Christine Nesbitt - Long Track Speed Skating Gold Medallist at the Olympics, and dominated her events all season long in 2010. Panel likes to reward Olympians in Olympic years to prove the award goes to more than just hockey players.

Georges St. Pierre - UFC Welterweight Champion of the World. Five straight title defenses, two of which came in 2010. Sportsnet athlete of the year for 2 years running. One of the top "pound for pound" fighters on the planet today.

Joey Votto - National League Baseball's MVP for 2010.

Who do you think should get the award? Feel free to add your own names . . .

Comments

• Well, if they voted for Jacques Villeneuve, surely GSP can get some votes.
  • That's it ?!? Three hours and Jacques Villeneuve is all you people got? Jeez, this Forum is going to hell . . .
  • toews or gsp, i give the edge to toews
  • Chris Jericho. Co-main evented Wrestlemania, World Heavyweight Champion for 3 months, finished his second (soon to be) NY Times best selling book, and he's a HUGE rock star.

/thread :)
  • Give it to an amateur. Christine NEsbitt. ^-^ Crosby, Toews GSP and Villineuve have all kinds of money and BLING. :D
  • My top 3:

Georges "Rush" St. Pierre
    Christine Nesbitt
    Joey Votto

Hockey players win it way too often, and team sport players are discounted somewhat, imo . . .
  • What... no votes for Jonathan Duhamel?
  • Milo wrote: »
    The Lou Marsh Award is annually given to Canada's Athlete of the Year.

Please take note of the bolded and italicised word taken from the OP.
    compuease wrote: »
    What... no votes for Jonathan Duhamel?

With the above taken into consideration, would you like to try again?
  • Hey, I consider myself an athlete, don't you?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Hey, I consider myself an athlete, don't you?

Not after I saw you curling last year.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Not after I saw you curling last year.

Curling? That's not athletics, that's housework...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Curling? That's not athletics, that's housework...

Too Much sweeping with a PISS TANKARD IN YER HAND . LMAO
  • Most of us drink out of our tankards, and piss in the john.

Amateurs . . .
  • At first I was going to say Votto, but GSP just clinched it
  • And still no respect for MMA . . . Joey Votto wins the Lou Marsh Award for 2010 . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    And still no respect for MMA fighters born in Quebec. . . Joey Votto wins the Lou Marsh Award for 2010 . . .

fyp :)
  • Votto SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPed It