New to Toronto

Hey im irish new to Toronto i will be living in queen st east.

Is there any games anywhere near me i would love tournaments but if not cash would be fine.

I play 50nl on ipoker network.

Comments

• Hi. I host a 'friendly' cash game at Coxwell & O'Connor one Friday per month. $0.25/$0.50 NL with $20.00 buyin - rebuys at $5.00 or less. Usually goes from 8pm to midnite. No rake. Usually order pizza. BYOB. Most players are +/- $60 for the night, so just a night out so to speak. Next game is Friday Dec.10. Send me a PM or text to 416-543-5156 if you're interested. Name is Tom.
  • Will do il probably just settle in for a week or so as im just new in town. Im trying to get an idea of what is happening.

Thanks
  • tipp86 wrote: »
    Will do il probably just settle in for a week or so as im just new in town. Im trying to get an idea of what is happening.

Thanks

hi we have 1/2 NL games monday-thursday

give me a call or text for invite 416 912 4030

danforth and main area
  • Diz wrote: »

danforth and main area

rake?

danforth and main area

How many "newbies" around TO are trying to start underground games at the moment? Sure been quite a few lately..... So much competition that they must be paying players to play... :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    How many "newbies" around TO are trying to start underground games at the moment? Sure been quite a few lately..... So much competition that they must be paying players to play... :)

professional dealer, at a storefront location,not in someones house, also forgot to mention the rake, so no one is paying anyone to play unless of course your good enough to win :)
  • asxn557 wrote: »
    rake?
    yes 10%
    yes 10%

Its kind of robbery imo. This is what amazes me that guys cant charge 5% and cap it at $10-15 and be happy with what should be profitable.
    yes 10%
    to a max of?
  • tipp86 wrote: »
    Its kind of robbery imo. This is what amazes me that guys cant charge 5% and cap it at $10-15 and be happy with what should be profitable.

Wow i almost feel like people wanna haggle, i guess they dont realize the risk and costs involved when doing this in toronto!! were not in las vegas people. And please stop crying, if you dont like it just move on, for those who can afford to play and are interested in more then playing at some ones house please feel free to contact me. For those living in their moms basement...forget about it.
    to a max of?
    $15
  • At 1/2 and that rake you will take approx $300. per hour off the table and break your clients in no time... Hopefully you are serving steak dinners and top shelf liquor on demand... You can afford it...
    Nobody here is living in mom's basement.. A little more sophisticated, knowledgeable crowd than you will typically find on an internet forum. Good luck with your venture as long as it lasts...
    At 1/2 and that rake you will take approx $300. per hour off the table and break your clients in no time... Hopefully you are serving steak dinners and top shelf liquor on demand... You can afford it...
    Nobody here is living in mom's basement.. A little more sophisticated, knowledgeable crowd than you will typically find on an internet forum. Good luck with your venture as long as it lasts...

Thank you so much ! you should come out some time, we got a liquor license so yeah just let me know what you like to drink and ill be sure to have it there for you mr. top shotta
    we got a liquor license so yeah just let me know what you like to drink and ill be sure to have it there for you mr. top shotta

You have a liquor license for a poker game? lol.... that I gotta see, cept I don't drink.. But I appreciate you calling me Mr...
  • Ive played in many clubs that payed 3 staff €10 an hour and gave out soft drinks free and payed €500 euro a weeks rent. There rake was 5% capped at €20 and this was extreme heavy rake.

Seriously im not trying to haggle but why cant guys be happy with taking approx $100 an hour of a table.
  • Highly unlikely anyone will go to this from this forum.

:bs:
  • Yeah. That is one HEAVY rake. Very tough to be +EV here.
    One table making $300/hr -- That's insane.
  • Im looking for a game tonight or tomorrow night
  • But the rake is huge.
  • kingkao86 wrote: »
    But the rake is huge.

sigh