Pokerstars PCA Fantasy freeroll

I've seen some bad / annoying freerolls in my day....but this one really takes the cake. 540 entrants....opening about every minute or so...you can enter as many times a day as you can get in. Problem is you can't click fast enough to get in, and even if you do it's the worst stupidity (even for a freeroll) you've ever seen. They really need to rethink the way they are doing this as if they are trying to attract new players through freerolls like this (this one is advertised on TV endlessly), if anything these would make you never want to play online poker again.

Comments

• SuperNed wrote: »
    I've seen some bad / annoying freerolls in my day....but this one really takes the cake. 540 entrants....opening about every minute or so...you can enter as many times a day as you can get in. Problem is you can't click fast enough to get in, and even if you do it's the worst stupidity (even for a freeroll) you've ever seen. They really need to rethink the way they are doing this as if they are trying to attract new players through freerolls like this (this one is advertised on TV endlessly), if anything these would make you never want to play online poker again.

Complaining about free games ftw
  • If u can't click fast enough to get in then u fail the pretest and would suck at the internet pokaz anyways. Stars only wants playas that can 20 table.
  • lol...thanks for the input. Just commenting as it's the most advertised freeroll I've ever seen...and would be a horrid intro to people wanting to try online poker.
  • Watched my friend take a few of these already...

1. Yes..its a freeroll. Fold everything pre for the first 5/10 mins unless you want to race your AA vs 8 other players. If you do this you are at about the top 100 people.

2. It is not a problem getting into them. You can be in 5 or 6 right away if you want. Turn off your filters to show running/completed. Open one of these up. You will see a register to any tab. Click that. It may take a few tries to hit the ones that are just opening but as you point out they fill up fast. This way is much easier than trying to open and register in them as they show up in the tabs.

Its an extreme satty into another roulette game in my opinion, but a hell of a way to release some of the pent up donkiness in all of us.

~Shar
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    2. It is not a problem getting into them. You can be in 5 or 6 right away if you want. Turn off your filters to show running/completed. Open one of these up. You will see a register to any tab. Click that. It may take a few tries to hit the ones that are just opening but as you point out they fill up fast. This way is much easier than trying to open and register in them as they show up in the tabs.

~Shar

Excellent advice...worked great....thanks. It's basically impossible to get in the other way. Still horrid but as you say just fold everything until the idiocy is gone....or take part and triple up 1 out of the 5 or 6 you can enter at the same time. This format promotes the worst poker of any freerolls (yes...I realize this is kind of an oxymoron) I have ever seen. :-[
  • The highest ev play must be to shove ATC the first hand until you have 3 or 4x starting stack though. The concept of oppertunity cost in limitless freerolls becomes pretty wierd
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    The highest ev play must be to shove ATC the first hand until you have 3 or 4x starting stack though. The concept of oppertunity cost in limitless freerolls becomes pretty wierd

It is what it is. I seem to not have a problem winning shootouts to get tickets every night for the NAPL. Problem is 1. Tourney starts at 8:30 and has 1/2 hour late registration. 1300 to 1500 runners.
    In 2 hrs I have played 5 hands and manage somehow to finish in the top 200.
    5 mins in the chip leader usually has 20k and has bingoed 90% of His or Her Stack. 2 all ins with a crappola hand that had 7 or 8 callers.
    You have to be really lucky in the first 10 mins or you're ROYALLY PHUKED.
  • The interesting part is that if you can start an infinate number of them $EV becomes timeEV so we basically need to maximize chips won per minute lol
  • Not in MY Case. It seems lately that pretty much every hand I play I am way ahead and the BASTARDS manage to hit the river or go RUNNER RUNNER.
  • ^^won my first seat to step 2 of the pca extreme sattelite :)
  • I have 2 pca fantasy final tickets and not gonna beable to play them on dec5th or dec 12th. Are these even worth anything, I was gonna get my brother in-law to play them for me but he's not even gonna be here.
  • Toddeboy wrote: »
    I have 2 pca fantasy final tickets and not gonna beable to play them on dec5th or dec 12th. Are these even worth anything, I was gonna get my brother in-law to play them for me but he's not even gonna be here.

Are they even transferable?

Just looked, these are the weekly finals right? No value as they are a dime a dozen...
  • It does say I can transfer tournament money, both parties have to agree, not sure if that works.
  • Toddeboy wrote: »
    It does say I can transfer tournament money, both parties have to agree, not sure if that works.

That's tournament $$$'s not freeroll seats. Sorry no value afaik... especially since anyone can win these if they spend the time...
  • So, I cant even give them away...lol.
  • Pretty sure someone would have to play them on your account...
  • You can always try to transfer to someone and see if it works.