MVP pick prize pool...??

Ok for some reason%*#*? the person who drew Pinhead Brad for his MVP pick must have just forgot about it cuz I still have his half of the MVP pool in hand. Can't imagine why anyone would think how he wouldn't have thought he had a lock on that moniez and had the stub locked in a safe. Ok so if anyone can convince me they had/have the Pinhead for MVP slip, please speak up. No fakers or pretenders please! :)
If it is not claimed we'll figure out something..... Oh, it's not life changing $$$ like an unclaimed lottery win although this was certainly a longshot win!
lol, sorry Brad it was great to see a real thoroughbred come through.

Comments

• As an unbiased neutral observer, I would suggest giving the the unclaimed portion to Pinhead, if no one steps forward with proof of claim. He earned his win, let him have the spoils.
  • My guess..

Whoever picked Brad, KNEW Brad. Figured they just blew $5 like I did with Mario. Therefore just baled on his/her chances and walked away shaking their head.
  • Milo wrote: »
    As an unbiased neutral observer, I would suggest giving the the unclaimed portion to Pinhead, if no one steps forward with proof of claim. He earned his win, let him have the spoils.
    +1
    STR82ACE wrote: »
    My guess..

Whoever picked Brad, KNEW Brad. Figured they just blew $5 like I did with Mario. Therefore just baled on his/her chances and walked away shaking their head.
    ^^^^^
    This. :D
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    My guess..

lol, exactly what I was thinking... Actually it was only $2. but same thing... Actually I just looked out my back door and I can see some old degenerate sorting through the garbage we left behind... Sorta like after the longshot at the racetrack comes through after stumbling coming outa the gate.
  • compuease wrote: »
    lol, exactly what I was thinking... Actually it was only $2. but same thing...

Were there not some MVP slips left over (3 iirc). Possible that he was not drawn.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Were there not some MVP slips left over (3 iirc). Possible that he was not drawn.

I was with Johnnie when there were only a few left and my name wasn't in the pile. Maybe Greg just didn't print my name out of pity for the person who would have picked it? I didn't notice any tantrums when somebody drew my name so it must have been somebody new that wasn't aware of my RC history ;)
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    I was with Johnnie when there were only a few left and my name wasn't in the pile. Maybe Greg just didn't print my name out of pity for the person who would have picked it? I didn't notice any tantrums when somebody drew my name so it must have been somebody new that wasn't aware of my RC history ;)

I am positive Brad's name was picked, and I think it was either a lady from TopSet or the Fish.

I will PM Sandy and Ryan to see if they can find the big winner. If they can't be located, I agree that Brad should get the money.

As for there being extra slips, this is 100% my fault. When g2 gave me the pile of names I just let everyone grab one. I didn't realize that not everyone would play the side bets, thus there were 3 extra. Next time we'll have the entrants fill out their own slips, then once have everyone who is in the pool has paid up, they can pick a name out of the hat. That way only those playing a eligible to win with another eligible player. I think a 'master' list of who has who would also help.

I also want to apologize to/thank compuese and g2 for running this after we took off.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I also want to apologize to/thank compuese and g2 for running this after we took off.

lol, thanks JohnnieH but I didn't do anything but attempt to hand out the money afterwards. That's when we realized that we only had a winner for 1/2 the money. You had already placed the two halves in baggies hadn't you? Your job was done, good job.
  • compuease wrote: »
    lol, thanks JohnnieH but I didn't do anything but attempt to hand out the money afterwards. That's when we realized that we only had a winner for 1/2 the money. You had already placed the two halves in baggies hadn't you? Your job was done, good job.

Trevor and Jenn helped me with this. Big ups to them.

Opinions on making each game $5 for next year?
    Trevor and Jenn helped me with this. Big ups to them.

Opinions on making each game $5 for next year?

I have no opinion on it either way as I would participate, but I do really like the almost 100% participation and would hate to have it drop significantly by raising it to $5. ie $20. total.
  • tenseven wrote:
    Johnnie,

call off your search, Mrs. G (laura) from my team has the slip. What can we do?

Let me know.

Just received this PM from tenseven. The winner has been found! Does Laura play any games around the GTA that one of us could meet up with her to deliver the prize money?

Or Jeff would you be willing to mail a cheque to Laura, or maybe holding on to the money until the next Royal?
    Just received this PM from tenseven. The winner has been found! Does Laura play any games around the GTA that one of us could meet up with her to deliver the prize money?

Or Jeff would you be willing to mail a cheque to Laura, or maybe holding on to the money until the next Royal?
    I will send an email to Ryan right now and will arrange something. Will report back here when completed.

Laura doesnt play much live events lately that I know of, but she does shoot pool in Mississauga Mondays, Wednesdays and some Saturdays
  • Arrangements are being made as we type, its all good. Thanks to all who put everything together, your efforts are appreciated!!!!

By the way, congrats on you first post boxcarwillie!!!!!!
  • tenseven wrote: »
    Arrangements are being made as we type, its all good. Thanks to all who put everything together, your efforts are appreciated!!!!

By the way, congrats on you first post boxcarwillie!!!!!!

Thanks B; I thought I had an account running around these forums, figure I might as well use it so I know in advanced when the next RC is