Snacks

Hey guys, so I was thinking about what to bring for snacks next week and was interested in what everyone actually would like to have. I know we all have different tastes. Both myself and a few others prefer to eat healthier with people like Kris even bringing their own snack and I'm sure others enjoy the chips and candy. So I thought why not have a poll to see what people would really like and come to a consensus as what to bring.

So here it is.

I think bringing pop is a must but what would everyone else prefer?

A mix: Chips, and couple sandwiches?

The normal: Chips, chocolates?

Healthy: Sandwiches, veggies?

Something else?

Give some input and Kris maybe you won't have to bring a sandwich each week :).

Comments

• Bottled water
  • Personally, I would much rather have the healthier alternatives. My recent drive to lower my girth has stalled somewhat, and frankly, I need to get back on it again. However, I also think that since its the winner's choice on what to bring to the next game, they should be permitted to bring whatever they wish.
  • Not planning on playing this season, but I have always thought the snacks are nice, but superfluous. Maybe just water/pop or some other form of drinks?
  • I'm more into the healthier snacks but its hard to find healthy stuff at a decent price....
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Bottled water
    STR82ACE wrote: »
    Personally, I would much rather have the healthier alternatives... However, I also think that since its the winner's choice on what to bring to the next game, they should be permitted to bring whatever they wish.
    Milo wrote: »
    Maybe just water/pop or some other form of drinks?
    garryc wrote: »
    I'm more into the healthier snacks but its hard to find healthy stuff at a decent price....

Thanks for the responses guys. I agree with you AJ that the winner should be able to bring whatever they would like but I think what I am trying to do with this post is make everyone mindful to bring something that everyone who attends can enjoy and make it easier on those who rush from work to attend.

With that said it seems the consensus is healthier ITT, but I think a mix is the likely choice.
  • Very considerate Dan, thanks. Personally I’m into somewhat balanced diet during the entire week so when it comes to the Thursday’s poker night I WANT THE "GOOD STUFF". As for sandwiches, I just don’t have time to have dinner at home, sorry to be so selfish but I barely have time to fix one up for myself. So, I don’t have a problem with “putting it up for vote” every week but I would love to see ‘Sour Cream and Onion’ on that table every Thursday.
  • This is super easy to make...and better if you make it ahead of time. It is also the most awesome snack, it travels well, is inexpensive and feeds many...and is better for you than the chips and sweets but I think qualifies as "the good stuff" :) I am sure your wives/girlfriends/better halves can whip it up in no time!!

Year round spinach dip

1 cup mayonnaise
    1 cup sour cream
    10 oz package frozen chopped spinach (well squeezed)
    8 oz can water chestnuts, chopped
    1 1/2 oz knorrs vegetable soup mix (1 package)
    1/2 cup chopped green onion
    1 round loaf of bread (rye/pumpernickel or white)
    combine all ingredients except bread and mix well, chill several hours or overnight. Serve in a hollowed out round loaf of bread. cut scooped out bread into cubes and serve with dip.

I suggest also cubing up some rye bread or having some sort of crackers/melba toast. The recipe is also easy to double for extra dip.
  • Except, I hates spinach . . . :-[
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    This is super easy to make...and better if you make it ahead of time. It is also the most awesome snack, it travels well, is inexpensive and feeds many...and is better for you than the chips and sweets but I think qualifies as "the good stuff" :) I am sure your wives/girlfriends/better halves can whip it up in no time!!

Year round spinach dip

1 cup mayonnaise
    1 cup sour cream
    10 oz package frozen chopped spinach (well squeezed)
    8 oz can water chestnuts, chopped
    1 1/2 oz knorrs vegetable soup mix (1 package)
    1/2 cup chopped green onion
    1 round loaf of bread (rye/pumpernickel or white)
    combine all ingredients except bread and mix well, chill several hours or overnight. Serve in a hollowed out round loaf of bread. cut scooped out bread into cubes and serve with dip.

I suggest also cubing up some rye bread or having some sort of crackers/melba toast. The recipe is also easy to double for extra dip.

I’ve tested/tasted it on many occasions. It’s very good.